TeenIdle

Are you happy with the results?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

TeenIdle

The results are in! Thank you again for voting! Feel free to discuss and argue :gaycat:

8BzZg1Z.png

User reviews

@Dominic Marc

Spoiler

FAVORITE: SCREAM IT OUT | LEAST FAVORITE: ARMY | DELUXE CHOICE: WINNER

1. Intro (Delirium) - Very atmospheric and the way it bleeds into Aftertaste is flawless.

2. Aftertaste - A nice cute bop but I think the chorus lacks.  

3. Something in the Way You Move - Pure pop perfection. Really gives you that 'feel good' feeling. 

4. Keep on Dancin' - It's got a cool beat and I like the whistles. It's definitely a different sound from Ellie. 

5. On My Mind - I think lyrically it's not really the best at all but it is very very catchy and I can see why it was the lead. 

6. Around U - A low point. The lyrics are way too generic and cringey. 

7. Codes - Everyone seemed to think this was the album's smash but tbh I think it's so far removed from Ellie it'd flop. It's got none of her unique charm. It's pretty cookie-cutter pop and I say that as a Katy fan 

8. Holding on For Life - I love the pre/chorus, the beat, the vocals, the emotion, everything. Killed it. 

9. Love Me Like You Do - It's beautiful. I love it. Gives me those feels. Soundtrack queen 

10. Don't Need Nobody - I like the chorus but I think it's similar to Keep on Dancin' in that there's not a lot going on. They could be interludes tbh. 

11. Don't Panic - Filler 

12. We Can't Move to This - I really didn't like it at first but after a few listens it's one of the best. I love the claps and it's just a light hearted bop. 

13. Army - One of her worst songs tbh. The chorus sounds so flat. 

14. Lost and Found - Lyrically one of the best songs on the album. Such a feel good bop.  

15. Devotion - Again another Keep on Dancin' and Don't Need Nobody. Relies on the instrumental a little too much but it's the best out of the 3. 

16. Scream it Out - Incredible. One of the best songs I've ever heard. Anthemic, beautiful, emotional, powerful, vomit on it, s*** on it, give birth to it. Underrated.  

@slayo

Spoiler

FAVORITE: LOST AND FOUND | LEAST FAVORITE: DELIRIUM / WCMTT / DEVOTION | DELUXE CHOICE: I DO WHAT I LOVE

@Dr Evil

Spoiler

FAVORITE: KEEP ON DANCIN' | LEAST FAVORITE: WCMTT | DELUXE CHOICE: I DO WHAT I LOVE

1 Intro (Delirium) - I'd love if this was a full track but i feel like it's too dark compared to the rest of the album. I really like it though cause it's a nice transition to Aftertaste. 

2 Aftertaste - Catchy song and a clever way to open the album officialy (it feels connected to the intro). An interesting way to describe the memories of love. Smart lyrics too and i love the big drums. 

3 Something in the Way You Move - This is the most overrated track of the album. It's not that i don't like it i just don't get why it was that hyped since there are better album tracks. 

4 Keep on Dancin' - One of my favourites upon first listen. Modern and interesting production elements and some catchy whistles along with finger snaps are enough to make it a single that truly got away. DARK EROTIC TRACK. 

5 On My Mind - It's a weird lead single choice and unexpected to come from Ellie. It's too generic(yet rhythmic and catchy tune) for her style but that doesn't mean i don't like it. It's a little repetitive but i enjoy it. 

6 Around U - It has a vintage R&B feeling attached to it but it lacks something despite its energy. It feels like it's very breezy but not that memorable. 

7 Codes - Another one of my faves. Codes has a sexy language and massive catchy hooks that make it quite explosive. It's a standout for sure and another wasted single. 

8 Holding On for Life - The piano is blending well with the production of the track. The best part comes in the middle eight where her vocal lines intertwine with the choir.

9 Love Me Like You Do - What can i say about this? I never got the appeal for that cheesy movie but THAT song is pure brilliance.  It makes me emotional. 

10 Don't Need Nobody - A crisp fusion of '90s house, dark electro-pop, and trap. It's a certified bop production-wise and the lyrics are quite poignant. Love it. 

11 Don't Panic - It has a summer-ish feeling and it's quite breezy but it's just decent.

12 We Can't Move to This - Easily the worst track of the album. The verses are disconnected from the chorus. It's all over the place. 

13 Army - I don't get why this was chosen as a single. It's one of my least faves. She had so many other options yet she chose a lesser copy of Love Me Like You Do. 

14 Lost and Found - Just a cute filler.

15 Devotion - Explosive Track. It starts slower but it builds up to a super catchy chorus. It's another one of my faves. 

16 Scream It Out - Euphoric Track. I think it deserves more recognition. Thank God it's part of the standard version. 

@petedagrk

Spoiler

FAVORITE: ON MY MIND | LEAST FAVORITE: DON'T PANIC | DELUXE CHOICE: I DO WHAT I LOVE

@halcyonpop

Spoiler

FAVORITE: WCMTT | LEAST FAVORITE: AFTERTASTE | DELUXE CHOICE: I DO WHAT I LOVE

1. Intro (Delirium) - A beautiful, haunting intro. Similar to the layered vocal intro of Don't Say a Word, but this one is more sinister and mysterious, reflecting the attitude of the album.
2. Aftertaste - Likely my least favorite on the album. I don't like the flow from the Intro. Verses are strong, but the chorus and its delivery are weak
3. Something in the Way You Move - A generic dance track, I don't think too much of it. Not a fan of the repetitiveness of this chorus.
4. Keep On Dancin' - Develops the attitude introduced in past tracks 'Salt Skin' and 'Only You'. Also adds to the angrier attitude of this album. I like the bouncy feel here.
5. On My Mind - I was not a fan of this on first listens. I still find the chorus a bit grating, but this is highly danceable and has great replay value. Adds positively to the album's dance-pop theme.
6. Around U - I like the track's upbeat tempo.
7. Codes - This is a really sexy song. It combines the best of the album's upbeat tempo and sexy feel. I wish it came right before Love Me Like You Do.
8. Holding On For Life - Ellie's vocal delivery here brings this up to a seven on what is otherwise a forgettable song for me.
9. Love Me Like You Do - Ellie is best when she's singing a ballad. Not only is it beautiful, but it's soft sexual themes are a nicely contrasted with some of the album's hard sexuality.
10. Don't Need Nobody - This feels like the twin sister of Keep On Dancin'. Something about this song goes a little bit further, though.
11. Don't Panic - This song introduces a big shift in the album's musical themes. The upbeat tempo is still here, but its purpose is no longer sexual or sinister, but hopeful and inspirational. This song is about in the middle for me.
12. We Can't Move to This - This song has the most danceable chorus of the album. Excellently-mixed happy and reflective attitudes.
13. Army - I like this ode to friendship a lot, but something about it falls short of her other ballads. Her voice is on point and the climax of the last chorus is breathtaking.
14. Lost and Found - A nice throwback to the songs on Lights, but upgraded to fit the dance-pop theme of the album.
15. Devotion - This is arguably my favorite bridge + chorus on the album, between the lyrics, beat, and bass drop. This also feels very strong, lyrically. I can hear Skrillex-like influences and I like it
16. Scream It Out - An underrated ballad that comes too late after an exhausting fifteen-track run.
Deluxe: I Do What I Love - Honestly, this is probably my favorite on the album. Definitely my favorite Deluxe track.

@OBEY

Spoiler

FAVORITE: LOST AND FOUND | LEAST FAVORITE: DON'T NEED NOBODY | DELUXE CHOICE: THE GREATEST

@Trepadation

Spoiler

FAVORITE: AROUND U | LEAST FAVORITE: SEVERAL | DELUXE CHOICE: I DO WHAT I LOVE

Around U - notice me senpai この歌はすべての私の修道女に捧げられています

@StarryNight

Spoiler

FAVORITE: DON'T NEED NOBODY | LEAST FAVORITE: DELIRIUM / KEEP ON DANCIN' | DELUXE CHOICE: PARADISE

@Dutch

Spoiler

FAVORITE: KEEP ON DANCIN' | LEAST FAVORITE: AROUND U / DON'T PANIC | DELUXE CHOICE: PARADISE

@SychosSoChic

Spoiler

FAVORITE: LOST AND FOUND | LEAST FAVORITE: ARMY | DELUXE CHOICE: WINNER

Intro - Glorious.

Aftertaste - Strong opening song for what is probably one of the most underappreciated albums of 2015.

Something In The Way You Move - It's cute. 

Keep On Dancin' - THAT CHORUS. THAT BEAT. 

On My Mind - The big single, I lov it.

Around U - I mean when there's 16-22 songs on an album they can't all be winners right .

Codes - This song @ every straight boy I've ever crushed on. 

Holding On For Life - It's ok. 

Love Me Like You Do - The (only) Hit of this album.

Don't Need Nobody - This song is me 75% of the time. Ellie always seems to get me and my tragic love life  I mean she gets waaay more D, but point stands 

Don't Panic - It's cute. 

We Can't Move To this - My 2nd favorite song on the album  It speaks to me on a higher plane, and I dance to it in my room all the time.

Army - Ugh no. 

Lost and Found - If this song had a music video it would be a 4 minute documentary of my single ass lifestyle  My fav song on the album.

Devotion - Beautiful. Ellie's vocals slay on this number, and I can hear in this song more than the others, that she really feels what she's singing.

Scream It Out - Nice solid ending, with a similar "theme" as the intro. 

Deluxe Edition:

Winner - Again another song that resonates with my love life  I love her vocals, I love the emotion of the song, I love the "story" in the song  You're not even mad about losing the guy, just disappointed and going through that feeling of insignificance when you compare yourself to someone else  11. My favorite Ellie Goulding song right now.

Trepadation

What's up with the Around U hate, old geezers :grr:

Dominic

Scream it Out made top 3 so i'm satisfied :wub:

Not surprised with Army though it's a weak point but Codes at #5? C'mon people it's so 'basic'  :sweat: 

Disgusted that Holding on For Life is so low :neyde:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

SychosSoChic

I'm melting down.

Lost and Found in the Top 5, but not Top 3 where it belongs? :tony:

I expected more from this site than Love Me Like You Mediocre, but much like my future son-in-law and grandchildren, I am disappointed :tony:

28 minutes ago, Dominic Marc said:

Not surprised with Army though it's a weak point but Codes at #5? C'mon people it's so 'basic'  :sweat:

Take that blasphemous statement back Dominic.

I'm not playing with you, Codes is an emotionally relevant bop you hear me? A BOP.

bgtZnBP.gif

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

EdgeofTeeth

WOW I have not seen any Megarate results as messy as these :wtf: GGD ha truly awful taste.

1 hour ago, SychosSoChic said:

I'm melting down.

Lost and Found in the Top 5, but not Top 3 where it belongs? :tony:

I expected more from this site than Love Me Like You Mediocre, but much like my future son-in-law and grandchildren, I am disappointed :tony:

Take that blasphemous statement back Dominic.

I'm not playing with you, Codes is an emotionally relevant bop you hear me? A BOP.

bgtZnBP.gif

I love CODES!

34 minutes ago, EdgeofTeeth said:

WOW I have not seen any Megarate results as messy as these :wtf: GGD ha truly awful taste.

Really?  My fave won and so did my fave deluxe track.  I'm happy LOL

1. Intro (Delirium) -8
2. Aftertaste - 10
3. Something in the Way You Move - 7.5
4. Keep on Dancin' -10
5. On My Mind - 11
6. Around U - 7
7. Codes - 10
8. Holding on for Life - 7
9. Love me like You Do -9.5
10.  Don't Need Nobody - 10
11.   Don't Panic - 6