question

Dua Lipa bigger than Gaga. Why?

HolyDelRey

Featured Posts

Miracle
2 minutes ago, Free My Mind said:

gaga's never been a big streaming power

I love Dua Lipa though

Well, in 2010 Gaga was the biggest streaming artist on Youtube and Spotify (even though they weren't so popular back in the day)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Antichrist
9 minutes ago, Dr Evil said:

You know damn well they''ll drag Dua just because you are putting her name next to Gaga.

There's no reason to drag someone just because she has a presence in the music industry even if you don't know her. She didn't compare herself to Gaga chill your butts.

somebody needs to put this on the main banner of ggd, little twinksters need to calm down

venusfly

this site dragging dua as if she compared herself to gaga :sharon: dua is really talented and has an awesome discography and is really humble.

hoeslay

As others have said, Spotify is only Spotidy. I recently saw Dua at the Belasco in LA. It's a 1000 capacity and I don't even think it sold out. Meanwhile later in the year I'll be seeing Gaga on her STADIUM TOUR. 

Dominic

She isn't bigger than Gaga she is just currently more popular.  Nothing else to it. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

gagzus

She's in no way, shape or form bigger than Gaga. Gaga has sold 30m albums roughly, has 4 #1s (5 in Dua's own country), is worth $400m, has a multi billion dollar selling fragrance, garnered a top 5 hit without major streaming support and has impacted pop culture on the same level as her idols have, so much so that modern artists even say they're inspired by and love her.

No tea no shade, but Dua nor any of the other girls popular right now are going to be even so much as remembered in a decade nor are their singles so much as memorable. They're all fads and that's that on that. They're cute for now but ain't gonna sustain a career.

Plus you're confusing a current stream of popularity because of her having catchy pop tunes over actually relativity. If Gaga did such a thing as release quick pop hits where 1/10 are rememberable she'd be as popular too, but she doesn't the only older pop girl who does that is Rihanna until recently.

uo111

I thought the title was a typo, or some sort of disease that Gaga got from lip injections.

Talk to your doctor if you have recently gotten lip injections, you may have contracted Dua Lipa.

August Blue
16 hours ago, OBEY said:

She went in Paris for Victoria's secret fashion show yet didnt even bother to go for an interview and/or perform there except at some radio that never plays her song  

Yes she did an interview in Paris :rip: 

Stef
Just now, August Blue said:

Yes she did an interview in Paris :rip: 

The most lowkey interview ever

Like when, who, where? 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

August Blue
1 minute ago, Stef said:

The most lowkey interview ever

Like when, who, where? 

In the interview when she said that the Million Reasons MV will be out in a couple of weeks and has a suprise and a twist (which happened to be the continuation of PI) 

Bolkins

I mean Be the One is kinda great, I've been bopping to that since early 2016 and it still sounds really good imo. 

• Admin locked this topic

Archived