Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Kesha | Animal + Cannibal [Megarate Submission]

juju

Featured Posts

juju

145360-Kesha-Your-Love-Is-My-Drug.gif

American singer/songwriter Kesha Rose Sebert released her debut album, Animal, on January 1st 2010 - the album spawned a slew of hit singles and sold several million copies worldwide. On November 19th 2010, her debut EP, Cannibal, was released to commercial success, and continued her presence on mainstream radio and in dance-pop circuits. Together, the LP and EP were released as a deluxe edition of her debut, Animal + Cannibal, which is what we will be covering in this Megarate!

gif_kesha_we_r_who_we_r_by_goldensrocks-

:heart: GUIDELINES :heart: 

[1] Rate each song between 1 and 10; you're allowed one score of an 11 for your favorite track, and one score of 0 if need be.

[2] Comments are welcome, but not mandatory! 

[3] Please refrain from trolling!

[4] Be respectful of other's opinions in the thread, and be mindful!

[5] Submissions are closed! The ceremony will be Saturday April 8th @ 12PM EST / 5PM CET.

[6] ENJOY YOURSELVES

651df495d40d8ea50755b4625ffe5b57.gif

:heart: TRACKLISTING :heart: 
PM me your rates and comments for the following songs:

{Disc One}

1. Your Love Is My Drug

2. Tik Tok

3. Take It Off

4. Kiss n Tell

5. Stephen

6. Blah Blah Blah (ft. 3OH!3)

7. Hungover

8. Party at a Rich Dude's House

9. Backstabber

10. Blind

11. Dinosaur

12. Dancing with Tears in My Eyes

13. Boots & Boys

14. Animal

*15. VIP (listen here)

*16. Dirty Picture Pt. 2 (ft. Taio Cruz) (listen here)

{Disc Two}

1. Cannibal

2. We R Who We R

3. Sleazy

4. Blow

5. The Harold Song

6. Crazy Beautiful Life

7. Grow A Pear

8. C U Next Tuesday

giphy.gif

Tagging all of those that have participated in my past rates, as well as those in the Megarate thread:

If you know any Kesha fans, please direct them to this thread! Happy rating!

:heart: Animals :heart: 

tumblr_m8kgs7JADY1rte4mbo1_500.gif

:heart: ICYMI: K$ Outtake$ :heart: 

(3/28) Disc One, Track One - Butterscotch

Spoiler
On 3/28/2017 at 10:48 AM, jujubae said:

K$ Outtake$ || Day One

A favorite between me and my friends throughout so many 2009 adventures, Butterscotch features the artist's signature pop-rap delivery along a sticky and sweet ( :lolga: ) beat. I hold this song in very high regard, not only because the lyrics have her typical sass and are bonkers beyond, but because singing along to the track is just so much fun in a car full of friends.

(3/29) Disc One, Track Two - Frenzy

Spoiler
On 3/29/2017 at 10:23 AM, jujubae said:

K$ Outtake$ || Day Two

Funnily enough, when I first downloaded this way back in the day, it was under the title Animal. I went a few years literally believing that this song was the title track (always skipped through the album to my favorites, so hadn't heard the true title cut) so to say when I heard the true song Animal, I was thoroughly disappointed :toofunny:  I totally prefer the song Frenzy, it's fun and funky and a blast through and through.

(3/30) Disc One, Track Three - Bootycall

Spoiler
On 3/30/2017 at 2:20 PM, jujubae said:

K$ Outtake$ || Day Three

With a video release and some promo, this song could've been big in 2010. It's one of my personal favorites, with that sugar-sweet chorus and fun lyrical playfulness. This was definitely a favorite in my college days, for various reasons. :heart: 

(4/1) Disc One, Track Four - Run Devil Run

Spoiler
On 4/1/2017 at 7:15 PM, jujubae said:

K$ Outtake$ || Day Four

One of the strongest unreleased songs from Kesha, Run Devil Run bop would've been a great fit for her debut - ultimately, the demo went to K-Pop legends Girls Generation, who made the song very much their own. It's good to know that it saw the light of day!

(4/2) Disc One, Track Five - Mouth

Spoiler
On 4/2/2017 at 4:33 PM, jujubae said:

K$ Outtake$ || Day Five

A slinky, mid-tempo pop stomper, Mouth is one of the most-played unreleased tracks in my library of music. It's catchy as hell, and Kesha's "come hither" vocals are top notch over the bubbling instrumental. A shame the song never saw a release, because it would've made a nice addition to any of her albums.

(4/4) Disc One, Track Six - Aliens Invading

Spoiler
On 4/4/2017 at 11:41 PM, jujubae said:

K$ Outtake$ || Day Six

Like!!! What an unsuspecting bop! Kesha DID that, and she had nothing to lose. The song is weird, strange, but no less a bop. It's unlike anything you'd ever heard before the year of 2010, especially considering pop music tropes. The chorus is there, the lyrical craziness is as well, the everything: to repeat, she did that. "I'll give you a taste.... just a little taste of the human race"! 

(4/5) Disc One, Track Seven - Want U Bad

Spoiler
On 4/5/2017 at 0:26 AM, jujubae said:

No time to lose, and technically, it's another day so :lolly: 

K$ Outtake$ || Day Seven

There are two versions of this song: one with Detail, one with Travis McCoy. I prefer the one with Detail, however; it doesn't sound as polished, by any means. But Kesha's autotuned vocals pair well with Detail's autotuned ones. And, to be honest, if there was a Kesha solo version, it would be a hit. Her part of the song is definitely the highlight. Good luck listening to her part a few times and then trying to get rid of it from your head, it's infectious... "I LOVE THE CRAZY THINGS YOU DOOOO." At the end of it all, you can choose your favorite, but chances are you'll agree - Kesha could've released a solo version with some verses, and had another hit on her hands, without male accompaniment.

(4/5) Disc One, Track Eight - Heart Fall Out

Spoiler
On 4/5/2017 at 2:18 PM, jujubae said:

K$ Outtake$ || Day Seven (and a Half)

Why in the world this catchy pop gem was left off her debut, I'll never truly understand - but it was a disservice to fans everywhere. Of course, it sounds a bit aged in 2017 and unpolished (considering it is a demo, after all), but back in 2009 and 2010, Heart Fall Out's sound was very much current and fit among the top tier of what was circulating the radio stations. It has that immediate ability to lodge itself in your head and never leave, all qualities of a good pop song. 

(4/6) Disc One, Track Nine - Paper Airplane

Spoiler
On 4/6/2017 at 11:30 AM, jujubae said:

K$ Outtake$ || Day Eight

This mid-tempo chill bop is one of my favorites to drive too, on back roads cruising; honestly, it'd fit better on perhaps Cannibal than Animal, but who's judging, the hooks are there / the chorus is there / the instrumental is interesting and unique, it's all around a shimmering success and deserved to see the light of day.

(4/6) Disc Two, Track One - Heart's On Fire

Spoiler
On 4/6/2017 at 3:08 PM, jujubae said:

K$ Outtake$ || Disc Two, Track One

One of the strangest-sounding songs from my favorite unreleased selection, the track begins sort of folky until it erupts into a distorted electronic dance banger. Her robotic vocals on the verses contrast with the full-throated chorus to make for an interesting experience. Definitely, a highlight of this song is the middle eight. It's not as immediate as a lot of what I've posted already, but this song is indeed a classic and quite different from its fellow sistren. :heart: 

(4/6) Disc Two, Track Two - Save Me

Spoiler
On 4/6/2017 at 3:12 PM, jujubae said:

K$ Outtake$ || Disc Two, Track Two

Although it wasn't originally in my line-up, Save Me is a solid pop sing-a-long that you definitely need in your music library. I could've seen this as a summer release; I specifically have memories of jamming to it beside the pool with an adult beverage in hand. 10/10 you will bop!

(4/6) Disc Two, Track Three - A La Discotheque

Spoiler
On 4/6/2017 at 3:30 PM, jujubae said:

K$ Outtake$ || Disc Two, Track Three

A fun and popping dance anthem, this song is typical Kesha! I can see it fitting on Animal more than Blah Blah Blah even; it's got the spirit and energy of a lot of her material, both old and new. It's a summer bop for gathering a bunch of friends, piling in the car, and hitting your favorite hang-out. A very stan-worthy song.

(4/6) Disc Two, Track Four - Bad Dream

Spoiler
On 4/6/2017 at 6:33 PM, jujubae said:

K$ Outtake$ || Disc Two, Track Four

A gentle, scintillating pop track; as I've said a million times already, I honestly listen to these demos more than I do her actual debut album :rip: It's got the makings of a huge summer hit, from her soaring vocals to the strumming guitar track and sparkling synths. Kesha burns the house down when she bares her heart, and it shows here.

(4/6) Disc Two, Track Five - Radio Radio Radio

Spoiler
On 4/6/2017 at 6:37 PM, jujubae said:

K$ Outtake$ || Disc Two, Track Five

Nothing On But The Radio teas! This fun song fits in with the rest of her discography; fast-paced and precise pop lyricism, her typical playful vocals, four-on-the-floor tour-de-force dance beats: Kesha is on her own level, and even LQ, Radio Radio Radio is worthy of your full attention. If this wasn't my college bop, I don't know what was! :lolly: 

tumblr_nblzf0WGXR1rrcj7co1_500.gif

❤ x ❤

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KingOfSpain

I'm definitely doing this. Animal was everything back in 2010. So many memories partying with my friends. And then Cannibal came and I was slayed again. I was 17/18.

gifgretchenrezando.gif

My anthems TiK ToK, Your Love Is My Drug and We R Who We R better be the top 3.

scream-queen-gif-27.gif

Imagine masterpieces such as Backstabber, VIP and Party At A Rich Dude's House making it to the top 10 

ZJBrsyr.gif

Spoiler

SELF PROMO: 

giphy.gif

http://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/227246-ceremony-gagas-videography-megarate/

I feel like Blah Blah Blah will be low even though I love it I know a lot of people hate it

ive never done one of these before I'll try to do it

Gia Gunn

Take It Off is that song and yall better not pay dust to it! :gaycat:  thatpart.

16 minutes ago, jujubae said:

*15. VIP

*16. Dirty Picture Pt. 2 (ft. Taio Cruz)

Never seen these 2 before :air:

As for the rest of the album slay :firega:

There will be plenty of 9 and 10's on here I love me some Kesha Rose!

juju
4 minutes ago, Kesha said:

I feel like Blah Blah Blah will be low even though I love it I know a lot of people hate it

ive never done one of these before I'll try to do it

It's really easy sis just rate the songs 1 through 10, and give an 11 to your favorite :diane: If you have any questions feel free to hit me up :heart: 

2 minutes ago, Gia Gunn said:

Take It Off is that song and yall better not pay dust to it! :gaycat:  thatpart.

Take It Off is the party jam to end party jams :diane: I predict it'll be top 5 for sure!

9 minutes ago, Peto said:

Expect my rates tomorrow  

ZJBrsyr.gif

PERCHT

12 minutes ago, KingOfSpain said:

I'm definitely doing this. Animal was everything back in 2010. So many memories partying with my friends. And then Cannibal came and I was slayed again. I was 17/18.

gifgretchenrezando.gif

My anthems TiK ToK, Your Love Is My Drug and We R Who We R better be the top 3.

scream-queen-gif-27.gif

Imagine masterpieces such as Backstabber, VIP and Party At A Rich Dude's House making it to the top 10 

ZJBrsyr.gif

Hide contents

SELF PROMO: 

giphy.gif

I was 18/turning 19 that year so I TOTALLY relate :diane: so many Kesha dance parties, so much glitter, so many good times :heart: And Backstabber is lowkey a favorite of mine, I cannot wait.

❤ x ❤

5 minutes ago, Gia Gunn said:

I was already planning on giving it a 10 sista

juju
Just now, petedagrk said:

Never seen these 2 before :air:

As for the rest of the album slay :firega:

There will be plenty of 9 and 10's on here I love me some Kesha Rose!

I had to include them because VIP was my BOP back in the day.

And Kesha's version of Dirty Picture was a bop too, nlg :lolly: 

❤ x ❤

TeenIdle

The Harold Song better snatch!

I like the album. Too bad it's produced by that piece of scheisse :nails:

Archived