💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Mirror: Gaga says fame made her so lonely it was “painful”

Bolkins

Featured Posts

Letmelivemylife
26 minutes ago, bitchimtrying said:

Ok, but lets all remember that Fame can be so powerfully overwhelming that it can literally kill people. We are lucky that we still have Gaga, this could have gone in a completely different way, aka. Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin, Amy Winehouse, just to name a few. 

Exactly. Fame is like cocaine: incredibly alluring and yet incredibly dangerous. I (and many other monsters) couldn't imagine life without gaga so yes we are very lucky in that she's still alive. I still wish that Janis Joplin was still around. I have a feeling that she and gaga would be best friends. Like gaga, Janis was the eccentric artsy chick that people just didn't understand. Janis changed the music industry just as gaga did. 

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagzus
5 hours ago, IndieKylie said:

My point still stands, I wanna hear it in a song. 

We already have. Several times.

Shadow

From our perspective, we see her on the stage, over the red carpet in front of cameras, or during candid passage in the public eye. From her perspective, she sees millions of faces loving her for entertaining them, news media scrutinizing her moves, and corporate types looking to bank on her brand... so few people in proportion to the general public are famous at her level, hence why so few could truly relate. Did she know what she was getting into 8 years ago?

Silence those demons... . 🖤

Ronk
49 minutes ago, Letmelivemylife said:

Exactly. Fame is like cocaine: incredibly alluring and yet incredibly dangerous. I (and many other monsters) couldn't imagine life without gaga so yes we are very lucky in that she's still alive. I still wish that Janis Joplin was still around. I have a feeling that she and gaga would be best friends. Like gaga, Janis was the eccentric artsy chick that people just didn't understand. Janis changed the music industry just as gaga did. 

Yes, we are very lucky to still have Gaga.  Janis was also very famous and she was lonely when not on the stage in front of an audience.  The down time between performances killed her.  She couldn't take the loneliness anymore so she went back on drugs and it killed her quickly.   She was so creative, and what the world lost due to her early passing is staggering.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Letmelivemylife
6 minutes ago, Ronk said:

Yes, we are very lucky to still have Gaga.  Janis was also very famous and she was lonely when not on the stage in front of an audience.  The down time between performances killed her.  She couldn't take the loneliness anymore so she went back on drugs and it killed her quickly.   She was so creative, and what the world lost due to her early passing is staggering.

People may interpret this article as gaga saying that she doesn't wanna interact with us but it's not that at all. The love she has for us is deep and visceral. Because that love is so deep, she wants to get to know us on a personal level but that's hard to do when you have someone shoving a camera in your face and screaming. She just wants us to forget she's famous for a second and just wants to have a real conversation with us. 

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

Ronk

I think people look at the lives of stars as glamorous and exciting.  Yet several rock, country, and pop songs mention the loneliness of being on tour.  For example, these lines from The Load Out by Jackson Browne: 

"We've got to drive all night and do a show in Chicago
or Detroit, I don't know
We do so many shows in a row
And these towns all look the same
We just pass the time in our hotel rooms"

doppelganger
6 hours ago, IndieKylie said:

My point still stands, I wanna hear it in a song. :emma:

DIC?:cryga:

PartySick

Gags, if you ever need a friend/fan who won't ask your for a selfie, I'm right here :cryga:

I lost one of my heroes to the crushing loneliness fame brings, I can't lose the other to it as well :ohno: Girl better take care of herself :ohno:

🖤

Ronk
13 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Gags, if you ever need a friend/fan who won't ask your for a selfie, I'm right here :cryga:

I lost one of my heroes to the crushing loneliness fame brings, I can't lose the other to it as well :ohno: Girl better take care of herself :ohno:

Exactly. 

I assume you're talking about Michael.

If I met Gaga I would only ask her if she's healthy and happy, if she's getting to spend time with friends and family, if she ever gets to see the wonders of the world as a tourist without being tied down with shows, rehearsals, studios, and interviews.  Is she enjoying life?  If the answer is "no", I would suggest she start living life for herself instead of for everyone else.

PartySick
9 minutes ago, Ronk said:

Exactly. 

I assume you're talking about Michael.

If I met Gaga I would only ask her if she's healthy and happy, if she's getting to spend time with friends and family, if she ever gets to see the wonders of the world as a tourist without being tied down with shows, rehearsals, studios, and interviews.  Is she enjoying life?  If the answer is "no", I would suggest she start living life for herself instead of for everyone else.

I am. It still makes me misty eyed thinking about how alone and misunderstood Michael was. Especially in his later years :S I mean, he had his family and a few friends, Gaga has the same too, but the seclusion...idk, it's got to make life feel like a prison :/

I'd do the same. You know, after the obligatory "oh my god I love you so much you and your music have done so much for me I couldn't tell you in simple words alone how much I appreciate you :cryga:".

🖤

Green Detox

That's why I'm glad she decided to have a house in malibu and live there, it has a less chaotic atmosphere which are profound on these mega urban cities like New York where she's in, and there's cameras, cars, noise everywhere. Malibu really gave her times to do simple things like this, unwind, think about life, and get time to humanize herself

30B4DEF600000578-3423545-image-a-41_1454gaga-horse-malibu-052316.jpgtumblr_nfuvplNNh11rus5tso2_1280.jpg34F9DCDD00000578-3628069-image-a-19_1465

And most importantly this album

eed1676c9dda497cc0ef5d45153f17fd.1000x10

it helped her to lay back and tone down everything but without the need to leave everything which includes us and the industry, it's a smart decision.

She had the time cool off a bit, but she knows what she's doing that's for sure, she's not that tortured inside, maybe the pain she was talking about is just part of price paying once you're famous, because it's always there. But she have us and her family, and everything will be fine.

StarstruckIllusion
7 hours ago, IndieKylie said:

My point still stands, I wanna hear it in a song. :emma:

Why? To get The Fame Mons†er 2.0? Oh, she'll put it im a song, but it's gonna be opera or hiphop or smth

YeehawKylie
2 minutes ago, ChaosAngelX69 said:

Why? To get The Fame Mons†er 2.0? Oh, she'll put it im a song, but it's gonna be opera or hiphop or smth

:oprah:

Ronk
2 minutes ago, ladywawa said:

That's why I'm glad she decided to have a house in malibu and live there, it has a less chaotic atmosphere which are profound on these mega urban cities like New York where she's in, and there's cameras, cars, noise everywhere. Malibu really gave her times to do simple things like this, unwind, think about life, and get time to humanize herself

I agree, but I wonder if she has friends in Malibu.  If they are all in NY, she's still isolated.  Communicating remotely is one thing, but it doesn't replace meeting people for lunch or dinner.

Archived