💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Mirror: Gaga says fame made her so lonely it was “painful”

Bolkins

Featured Posts

48 minutes ago, Misaki said:

It's hard to really now what's her real thoughts are since she has a song called "The Fame" in which she sings " Give me something I wanna be

Retro glamour Hollywood, yes, we live for the

Fame, doin' it for the fame

'Cause we wanna live the life of the rich and famous"

Erhm.. She wrote that song when she wasn't even famous tho. And it's criticism about the way our society would rather be famous instead of recognized for our talent

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ronk
25 minutes ago, Killa said:

I may be extremely lonely, but being lonely while being sorrounded by millions and millions of people is on a whole other level.

Yes.  It happens, and people don't understand that it can happen.  That's why Gaga talks about it and other troubling things that happened in her life.  Discussing such things heals her, and can heal some others, too.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Katharine Hepburn

I don't know how people who write this crap sleep at night

xoxo Joanne

Killa
1 minute ago, Jay.P said:

The photo they chose though

8GfbGSE.jpg 

illuminati queen, ancient witchcrafter meats future alien

That's who we stan. perfect pic

CannaeDrive
50 minutes ago, Bio said:

Erhm.. She wrote that song when she wasn't even famous tho. And it's criticism about the way our society would rather be famous instead of recognized for our talent

I can't understand how 8 years later people still can't get the irony and sarcasm of the whole TF/TFM performance art theme.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Pharamon
1 hour ago, Misaki said:

It's hard to really now what's her real thoughts are since she has a song called "The Fame" in which she sings " Give me something I wanna be

Retro glamour Hollywood, yes, we live for the

Fame, doin' it for the fame

'Cause we wanna live the life of the rich and famous"

ummm it could be ironic or sarcastic or whatsoever... either that or she was very young back then so fame probably excited her

Creyk
1 hour ago, Bio said:

Mess I always thought she was genuine there and I could actually relate to that

Jenniferella

It doesn't surprise me at all ! And even if I'm often tired of her obsessing over the negative parts of her career, I'm glad she talks about this. I can't even imagine how lonely she and a lot of other A-list celebrities must feel. It's a win-loose, there is no in between it seems and honestly I don't know if I could handle it if I were to be famous. You just can't meet real, genuine people when you reach that social level

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

In some early interviews she talked about having "mastered the art of fame" etc. but I guess that was a lot of youthful idealism. By now she had to realise that the bad sides to fame aren't so easily dismissed and she has to take good care of herself, even if it means less commercial success.

I think she's on the right track for having a long career now but I believe she'll always be on an emotional rollercoaster in this business. She can talk about how her experiences made her tough, but underneath she's a very sensitive and emotional person... and those are the very characteristics that allow her to write heartfelt songs and perform them like she does...

"You just gotta be committed to the hat!" - Lady Gaga

The Child
56 minutes ago, CannaeDrive said:

I can't understand how 8 years later people still can't get the irony and sarcasm of the whole TF/TFM performance art theme.

I mean she explicitly explained it in an interview when they asked her about the Bad Romance lyrics.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Batwings
31 minutes ago, Summy said:

In some early interviews she talked about having "mastered the art of fame" etc. but I guess that was a lot of youthful idealism. By now she had to realise that the bad sides to fame aren't so easily dismissed and she has to take good care of herself, even if it means less commercial success.

I think she's on the right track for having a long career now but I believe she'll always be on an emotional rollercoaster in this business. She can talk about how her experiences made her tough, but underneath she's a very sensitive and emotional person... and those are the very characteristics that allow her to write heartfelt songs and perform them like she does...

I agree with this 100%. I remember those interviews. I think she anticipated the brutality, but she's such a sensitive artistic soul that it affected her more profoundly than she was expecting, which culminated in that period where she basically stayed stoned out of her mind, which would later culminate in the ARTPOP "blackout." 

I also think that in overcoming all that, she's now on a much better trajectory. 

Letmelivemylife

This just breaks my heart. We put "fame" on such a pedestal and when someone says they want to be famous, they just see the seductive side of fame (the exotic cars, huge mansions, loads of money, etc). But fame has a dark side. If you really think about it, fame is incredibly isolating. The moment you step outside, you belong to the public. There's no such thing as privacy. You can't just run to the grocery store for milk and bread without it becoming a huge ordeal. People wait outside your home trying to get glimpses of you. Deep down I think that if gaga had the choice, she would just take her monsters and leave everything else behind if that makes sense

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

bitchimtrying

Ok, but lets all remember that Fame can be so powerfully overwhelming that it can literally kill people. We are lucky that we still have Gaga, this could have gone in a completely different way, aka. Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin, Amy Winehouse, just to name a few. 

Archived