💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Million Reasons Video Appreciation Club

juju

Featured Posts

Brian Ryan

million reasons > Perfect Ilusion >>>>>>>>>>>>>> the good but predictable John Wayne the third single ever wanted until it flopped now they acting like never was one like G.U.Y. 

Squeeshy Keety
27 minutes ago, BrianxRyan said:

million reasons > Perfect Ilusion >>>>>>>>>>>>>> the good but predictable John Wayne the third single ever wanted until it flopped now they acting like never was one like G.U.Y. 

MV =/= Single 

A song cannot flop that is not a single. Singles are announced by Gaga/Interscope, and neither even hinted that it was. She just made the MV

If it were a single, her label would have sent it to radio and given it other promo as she would, but since it was not that, you can't say it flopped. It was never meant to perform on the charts in the first place :spin:

Spoiler

IMO part of the reason why she made the video was to appease those who wanted the song to get more attention without actually making it a single

Love the video still, and I'm happy she made she made it regardless :sara:

They / Them 🏳️‍🌈

Sorcerer

Million Reasons is a good music video.

For those complaining about technical issues, the angles in the pink suit with white background are one of the best camera shots in a Gaga music video.

The black and white touch has meaning to it. And I love how non-sequential the storyline is. The editing didn't try to be too jarring like in PI and JW, or too slow like in every ballad video.

Gaga doesn't want to do something bigger and grander because that's the point of it.

juju

Mess at everyone coming here to shade it :excuseu:

The purpose of this is for all 5 of us who appreciate it to actually, like, appreciate it :madge: 

4 hours ago, HOTNGaga said:

I actually love it too. I remember hating it for like the first week, but it actually fits well with the song and has purpose. 

My favorite part is definitely the beginning, when the instrumental ease is playing and she's in the car being driven to the Photoshoot. 

Yes :giveup: it just sets it all up, I was LIVING

4 hours ago, FlyPirate said:

I liked the vid :hor: 

Not her best (obviously :lolga:), but liked how it faded from PI video and into JW :hor: 

Hide contents

And ITS A BALLAD FFS :neyde:  DONT EXPECT SOME CRAZY MV :awkney: 

Right??? Like what were people expecting :awkney: 

Lowkey, I remember plotting out a "Speechless" video in my head when Gaga was constantly performing it during TFM era, and it was kind of along these same lines :air: Idk, simple is best for certain situations.

4 hours ago, kvnrp said:

I liked it :noparty:

I think it suits the song very well.

same :giveup: it was cute!

4 hours ago, Ronk said:

I liked it.

Well.... thats better than most here so :madge: 

4 hours ago, JohnWayne23 said:

I think it's boring and lazy...

...but my mom likes it!

Have your mom join GGD :neyde: 

38 minutes ago, Camore said:

Million Reasons is a good music video.

For those complaining about technical issues, the angles in the pink suit with white background are one of the best camera shots in a Gaga music video.

The black and white touch has meaning to it. And I love how non-sequential the storyline is. The editing didn't try to be too jarring like in PI and JW, or too slow like in every ballad video.

Gaga doesn't want to do something bigger and grander because that's the point of it.

This critique, I live :giveup: Absolutely 100% agree, most of the shots in this video are flawless, especially the ones with her in the studio. :air: 

Glad to know I'm not alone in loving this video :diane: 

❤ x ❤

I dunno sometimes I think I like it but then I remember this is Gaga and she can do better.

I know this is a ballad but the video seemed, as someone already mentioned, a bunch of random videos put together.

Look at this video for example:

It's SO SIMPLE and yet it gives me vulnerability, emotion and a story. MR had a story and it was real, I'm pretty sure Gaga has had thousands of moments like that but it's the editing that makes it seem like a parody. Once again, I love the concept of MR not the execution and the fact that Gaga wanted to share that side of her.

I'm so sorry about your friend.

underneath the pine

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY

Wow, I literally wanted to come back to gaga daily after being away for a few months to share a link to a Wikipedia page about million reasons that has some detailed reviews from various reputable magazines and publication   For whatever reason, some magazines yhay actually have bashed gaga, understood the music video. Whereas monsters came right away and could not comprehend the video and came here to bash it because it was not what they wanted and therefore turned a blind eye. Ex:

• Ian David Monroe from V found the video to be "in stark contrast" with that of the one for "Perfect Illusion", and noticed that it did not portray a "traditional love narrative", rather made the video about Gaga's own team. Monroe theorized that with the recent reveal by Gaga that she suffered from Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in an open letter, the continued theme between the videos made sense. He added: "As she described in the essay, Gaga was traumatized by the lack of care with which she was handled in her earlier career, forced to tour even though she was in pain, which is perhaps represented by the 'Perfect Illusion' video where she is literally thrown into a crowd. The video for 'Million Reasons', then, shows how her team—her family—picked her up again, and helped her heal in creating the new record."

• Brian Joseph from Spin found the video's portrayal of Gaga as "emotionally transparent" and added that the video was in line with the "emotionally vulnerable themes running throughout [Joanne]".

• Justin Harp from Digital Spy described the clip as "breathtaking" and "poignant", adding that it "highlights the theme of loss and ultimately redemption" as enamored in the song.[49] Bustle's Shannon Carlin felt that the "emotional" video "will make fans and non-fans look at her differently. She's no longer the outrageous pop star who shows up to award shows in a meat dress. She's now a woman who is finding herself through her music".

• Bustle's Shannon Carlin felt that the "emotional" video "will make fans and non-fans look at her differently. She's no longer the outrageous pop star who shows up to award shows in a meat dress. She's now a woman who is finding herself through her music". Carlin compared the video to that of singer Christina Aguilera's 2002 single "Beautiful", which had similar emotional and empowerment visuals, and finally added: "Like Aguilera, Gaga is giving you a sense of who she is by stripping back all that pomp and circumstance of her early years and giving fans something raw. Both of these videos are bittersweet celebrations that show sometimes pain is necessary to push yourself further. That uncertainty is a powerful motivator, which will help you take a chance.

So yeah ........I'm definitely apart of the appreciation club. Not because I need my opinion of the video validated by publications, because maybe other Monsters should attempt to view things differently. 

This thread got me thinking about how much of ourselves as viewers or listeners, in our current personal "state" so to speak, plays a role in the appreciation of a piece of art. @jujubae told his story of how the MR vid came just at the right time for his personal situation so it became something special for him. Gets me to wondering why we even need professional critics... when everybody's experience with art is so different and personal anyway...

OK I guess that was somewhat off topic. Here's what I like about the MR video:

- the atmosphere feels a bit different every time I watch, it contains themes of melancholy, loss and helplessness but also serenity, companionship and tenacity

- how her friends jump out of the cars in full emergency mode

- it's her only video without dancing but instead we get a bit of a live performance feeling, the way she gets emotional kicking and gesturing in the guitar segments

- the look with  the pink hat and the shadows... I didn't like it at first but now I find it actually  quite beautiful. The makeup and the shapes of her hat and nose combine into a very new and different look for her

"You just gotta be committed to the hat!" - Lady Gaga

GhettoFabulous

I didn't mind it lol considering I wasn't anticipating it in the first place( I hate MR anyways no tea no shade no pink lemonade :poot:) but yes let's just say the visual is at the bottom alongside the TEOG :poot::diane:it's a cute girl though 

juju
4 minutes ago, Summy said:

This thread got me thinking about how much of ourselves as viewers or listeners, in our current personal "state" so to speak, plays a role in the appreciation of a piece of art. @jujubae told his story of how the MR vid came just at the right time for his personal situation so it became something special for him. Gets me to wondering why we even need professional critics... when everybody's experience with art is so different and personal anyway...

exactly! Art is so subjective, I tend to tune out critics regardless of whether or not they like or dislike something. Of course I read reviews, and write them myself, but appreciations change from day to day depending on mood and mindset, and certain pieces burrow into our subconsciousnesses as time goes on... it's interesting how one thing affects millions so differently

2 hours ago, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

So yeah ........I'm definitely apart of the appreciation club. Not because I need my opinion of the video validated by publications, because maybe other Monsters should attempt to view things differently. 

I fell like its our duty as Monsters in the first place to question everything we've known up until this point about Gaga, anytime she releases something. To view it as its own entity, and not just as a smaller piece of some combined whole... I go into each video completely wiping away the histories of the videos proceeding it, to experience it new and immerse myself in it tbh 

❤ x ❤

Archived