Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Should Hair Have Been a Piano Ballad?

Princess Stache

Featured Posts

No No No.. Studio version is the best. I love that very2 much..honestly, hair is a song that I still listen, until today. Hair and gypsy is my favorite songs forever..:giveup:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
scorpion

Dont you dare come for HAIR!!!!!!!!!

Lol all jokes aside... I feel like its one of the greatest songs Ive ever heard. It resonated with me on another level.

Being a theatre kid in hs myself I really appreciated her use of analogy and imagery with this song, but still filled it with adrenaline. The hair analogy flew over many peoples head... including users here on the board, but if you lived through bullying .. or were teased about what you looked like in school you know exactly what gaga was going for.

As others have said it really encapsulated the highschool energy she wanted to capture.   Theres something naive, raw, and vulnerable about this song.... its honest. Its not perfect.  Just like many kids highschool experience.

Should she have released the acoustic version? Absolutely.   But I always figured she had a method to her madness... she saved that kind of stuff for her live shows.

Ronk
10 minutes ago, scorpion said:

Dont you dare come for HAIR!!!!!!!!!

Lol all jokes aside... I feel like its one of the greatest songs Ive ever heard. It resonated with me on another level.

Being a theatre kid in hs myself I really appreciated her use of analogy and imagery with this song, but still filled it with adrenaline. The hair analogy flew over many peoples head... including users here on the board, but if you lived through bullying .. or were teased about what you looked like in school you know exactly what gaga was going for.

As others have said it really encapsulated the highschool energy she wanted to capture.   Theres something naive, raw, and vulnerable about this song.... its honest. Its not perfect.  Just like many kids highschool experience.

Should she have released the acoustic version? Absolutely.   But I always figured she had a method to her madness... she saved that kind of stuff for her live shows.

:applause: Totally agree.  And some live performances of Hair can be found.  I especially like the one at the Sydney Monster Hall, which is mostly a piano ballad.  OMG, so epic.    And yeah, nobody better dare come for Hair! :)

I live outside the space time continuum.

scorpion
3 hours ago, Ronk said:

:applause: Totally agree.  And some live performances of Hair can be found.  I especially like the one at the Sydney Monster Hall, which is mostly a piano ballad.  OMG, so epic.    And yeah, nobody better dare come for Hair! :)

Tarratata in France performance makes me cry every time. The one where shes tied to the Eiffel Tower.   I cant handle it.

JupiterDrive

No I'm sick of Ballads now I love the vocal layers and the main synth in hair :wub:

GagaxGrande

Hair tears me up every time when she sings an acoustic version. But the studio version is better to dance on when you party with your friends you know. ❤

I honestly love both versions so much! 

xoxo, Joanne

crybrowz

I love the studio version to death. The Springsteen vibes, the huge drums, the soft piano, the epic saxophone, the overall energy of the song, everything about it is perfect. 

Born To Slay

This thread made me listen to the studio version and now I'm missing 2011.

On 24.3.2017 at 5:11 PM, Alan123 said:

I love the studio version, so no. I love that she performed it on just a piano many times though, it gave it a different feeling. Acoustic versions are a gift to fans and those who appreciate her music and voice. She has done it for Poker Face, Marry The Night, The Edge of Glory, Bad Romance, etc. All of these songs are amazing the way they are but her piano performances are glorious.

Can you pls send me a link to a Bad Romance acoustic version in a good quality. The only thing i found so far was the intro of Alejandro @American Idol

shmal96
On 3/24/2017 at 1:04 PM, Totodile said:

It would've been great if she recorded it like she played it at iHeart. Start off as a piano ballad, and then build up and climax into a synthrock finale :giveup:

Dang, I tear up every time I watch this tribute performance. You can just see the raw emotion on Gaga face and hear it in her voice. Bullying is for losers. 

iizwhoiiz

I LOVE the piano versions she does. I do love the track how it is, but for some reason I have an odd preference of the single version of Hair as opposed to the album version. 

Anderson123
8 hours ago, ToGa said:

Can you pls send me a link to a Bad Romance acoustic version in a good quality. The only thing i found so far was the intro of Alejandro @American Idol

This was the first time she performed it live, it was just an acoustic version but it was during the transition between The Fame and The Fame Monster. The demo for Bad Romance had just leaked that morning and only fans knew about it so she only performed an acoustic version (She later premiered it at the McQueen runway fashion show)

crybrowz
11 hours ago, iizwhoiiz said:

I LOVE the piano versions she does. I do love the track how it is, but for some reason I have an odd preference of the single version of Hair as opposed to the album version. 

Can you point out what the difference is? I've heard people say that there's a difference between the single and album versions but I've never been able to notice :toofunny:

16 hours ago, Alan123 said:

This was the first time she performed it live, it was just an acoustic version but it was during the transition between The Fame and The Fame Monster. The demo for Bad Romance had just leaked that morning and only fans knew about it so she only performed an acoustic version (She later premiered it at the McQueen runway fashion show)

Thank you! 
But saddly I allready knew that performance. 
What I am looking for is a performance of her singing Bad Romance acoustic from the beginning to the end. But I think sadly no such version exists. 

That J

Hair has never been a favorite of mine but I enjoy the live versions that are half piano ballad, half piano guitar rock anthem...like the IHeartRadio performance.   

Her dedicating the song to Jamey really elevates it and adds an unforgettable layer to it of course!  

Basically, I prefer Hair live rather than on the album.  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Archived