Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Zayn Malik ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR - Still Got Time (Lyric Video)

JustHMLover

Featured Posts

ApplauseftAdele
15 minutes ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

Yeah.... I get that but I still don't get how this song is specifically white washed. :sweat:

Because it is a generic, forgettable dancehall bop thats trying to capitalize on the dancehall trend to get a hit. It looks even worse when compared to some of Zayn's R&B in the past which was pretty good, and now he releases this which IMO is pretty generic/forgettable

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hades

Is this Drake?:emma: He sounds so much like him. I want an urban club banger from him. He should collab with J.lo and make a dirty bop.:lolly:

gagzus
20 minutes ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

Because it is a generic, forgettable dancehall bop thats trying to capitalize on the dancehall trend to get a hit. It looks even worse when compared to some of Zayn's R&B in the past which was pretty good, and now he releases this which IMO is pretty generic/forgettable

that's not white washing sis :rip: it's just following trends but this isn't really dancehall it's more contemporary r&b tinged pop & added to it is that indie guitar trend that Love Yourself and Starving had in the background (that already died out tbh). This really doesn't sound dancehall at all to me.

Kermit

Only here for PND. :green:

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Kermit
2 hours ago, Dr Evil said:

Is this Drake?:emma:

tumblr_mz9a7ufkGB1qj26weo1_400.gif

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Kermit
4 hours ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

Omg whitewashed dancehall is here to revolutionize the music industry! :firega:

Edit your comment. Both artists aren't even white. This is a prime example of bringing race into everything. If you find the content to be repetitive and commercial, then just say that. That would be far more understandable than calling this "white washed". Literally what the ****.

ApplauseftAdele
4 minutes ago, DominicB said:

Edit your comment. Both artists aren't even white. This is a prime example of bringing race into everything. If you find the content to be repetitive and commercial, then just say that. That would be far more understandable than calling this "white washed". Literally what the ****.

I didnt say they were white... Whitewashing means to conform to white culture / mold your music to the generic /popular, doesnt mean the artist is white

Kermit
Just now, ApplauseftAdele said:

I didnt say they were white... Whitewashing means to conform to white culture / mold your music to the generic /popular, doesnt mean the artist is white

Since when did trending become white washing? I guess this is officially 2017.

This manner of trend (mainstream genre utilization) has been in continuity for the past 3 (maybe 4) years, and it's been used by all races. It was not conformed into "white culture", it was conformed into what's popular, predominantly among millennials. 

In a way, Whitewashing asserts the manner of glossing over or concealing of faults or defects in an effort to exonerate or give the appearance of soundness.

There's not MUCH to conceal here, but variety/originality in some of pop culture's aspects. 

Archived