💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Feud: Bette and Joan

Ooolong

Featured Posts

Ooolong

QeNZJKI.jpg

Feud is an anthology series on FX created by Ryan Murphy, Jaffe Cohen, and Michael Zam. The first season is subtitled Bette and Joan and depicts the infamous feud (ha) between actresses Joan Crawford and Bette Davis, including during the production of their iconic film What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?

Cast

Spoiler

Main

Jessica Lange as Joan Crawford

Susan Sarandon as Bette Davis

Judy Davis as Hedda Hopper

Jackie Hoffman as Mamacita

Alfred Molina as Robert Aldrich

Stanley Tucci as Jack Warner

Alison Wright as Pauline Jameson

Recurring

Dominic Burgess as Victor Buono

Sarah Paulson as Geraldine Page

Joel Kelley Dauten as Adam

Guest Starring

Catherine Zeta-Jones as Olivia de Havilland

Kathy Bates as Joan Blondell

Episodes 

Spoiler

1. "Pilot" - Joan Crawford pitches a horror film to director Robert Aldrich based off the book, What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? and suggests rival Bette Davis be her co-star. 

2. "The Other Woman" - Bette and Joan work together, but their personal problems interrupt their work. Meanwhile, director Aldrich is caught between the two as executive Warner encourages the rivalry. 

3. "Mommie Dearest" - Towards the end of filming, Bette and Joan's feud reaches its climax as they learn personal details about each other. 

4. "More, or Less" - What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? is a success, however Joan is envious of Bette's critical acclaim. Meanwhile, Pauline attempts to director her own film, but lacks the support.

5. "And the Winner is..." - Weeks before the Academy Awards, Joan and Hedda campaign against Bette and her potential record breaking third win. 

6. "Hagsploitation" - As Joan is promoting her newest film, Jack recruits Aldrich to create a new film in the "hagsploitation" genre. Aldrich is able to get Joan to star and gives Bette creative control. However, as the project progresses, Joan grows suspicious of Bette and Al's relationship.

7. "Abandoned" - As Al's project continues, Joan becomes enraged to learn of Bette's involvement in the project. As a result, she attempts to fake illness in hopes the film will be cancelled. 

8. "You Mean All This Time We Could Have Been Friends?" - Despite her condition, Joan takes on a new role. Meanwhile, Bette reflects on her feud with Joan.

The Unbannable Chanteuse

Ooolong

This is the official thread for Feud: Bette and Joan. There have been quite a few threads made about promotional projects and even personal reviews but to my knowledge there hasn't been an official one for people to comment on while the season progresses, so here it is. :gaycat: 

The Unbannable Chanteuse

Yo GagaGaga

I'm loving the show so far, I think its getting better with each episode. I do wish Susan would give it more attitude and Jessica to talk more like Joan and less like herself, I can't really see Jessica as Joan mostly bc of the voice. Maybe if she talked more delicately and smooth, bc her natural voice is pretty gravely

but other than that I love it, the show is making me slowly obsessed with Bette Davis

Ooolong
1 minute ago, Yo GagaGaga said:

I'm loving the show so far, I think its getting better with each episode. I do wish Susan would give it more attitude and Jessica to talk more like Joan and less like herself, I can't really see Jessica as Joan mostly bc of the voice. Maybe if she talked more delicately and smooth, bc her natural voice is pretty gravely

but other than that I love it, the show is making me slowly obsessed with Bette Davis

I have noticed that she seems to be doing a lot of mannerisms and such that she (Jessica) is known for, and not so much Joan, but I don't mind. 

I agree that it's getting better with each episode. :giveup: 

The Unbannable Chanteuse

Sister

It is completely AWESOME television, just pure genius, Love it! This series is up there with Twin Peaks and Mad Men.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

ItWasntLaauv

I need to start watching it soon, i keep forgetting to record it.:deadbanana:

May I just add that Jessica Lange is amazing in literally anything.

GIF_jessica_lange_paleyfest_2.gifGIF_jessica_lange_paleyfest_3.gifGIF_jessica_lange_paleyfest_4.gif

ARTPOPe

I love it. :music:

Kinda wish we'd get to see a full Remake of 'What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?' with Jessica and Susan, that'd be superb. Also living for Judy Davis. :giveup:

But I just realized the episode tonight is 5/8 which means it's already halfway through :noparty:

Spoiler

I feel like I'm the only one liking Joan Crawford more than Bette Davis :green:

Stream The Love Invention

Ooolong
6 hours ago, ARTPOPe said:

I love it. :music:

Kinda wish we'd get to see a full Remake of 'What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?' with Jessica and Susan, that'd be superb. Also living for Judy Davis. :giveup:

But I just realized the episode tonight is 5/8 which means it's already halfway through :noparty:

Hide contents

I feel like I'm the only one liking Joan Crawford more than Bette Davis :green:

I'm living for Judy too. :giveup: 

I'm not sure which I like more, Joan or Bette. Both have their moments. :giveup: 

The Unbannable Chanteuse

Ooolong

Finally got around to watching the most recent episode. :giveup: 

I loved it, as I have all of the episodes so far! Sarah Paulson's take on Geraldine Page was beautiful and also quite sad. :giveup: 

I loved that they gave more insight, or perhaps just a vision, to Joan's award acceptance campaign. It gave more depth and meaning behind Joan's decision to do it, other than a petty feud. 

The Unbannable Chanteuse

Ooolong

It also made Davis' loss seem quite more devastating than most would think. 

The Unbannable Chanteuse

• 2 weeks later...

Archived