Lana's "Love" Completely Gone From Hot 100

heavymetall0v3r

Featured Posts

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Helxig
12 hours ago, JohnnyVersace said:

It's quiet and slow, and not exciting to GP. Were y'all expecting a smash? :ladyhaha:

Love Yourself by Bieber is a slow acoustic ballad... and there are plenty of quiet, slow songs that make it in the charts. Love is much more dramatic and loud than Love Yourself.

Why do people think the radio will only play dance/club music these days? There are heaps of songs that break that stereotype.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

if she wasn't so lazy and actually promoted her ass out there people would know about her stuff and give a **** about it

her fault:neyde:

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Pacify Him

She wouldn't care. She hates exposure.

Still, it's nice to know she made that song for her fans. But I'm not that kind of a "fan" :gum: I still prefer when she makes music for herself

I’m getting on your nerves

HolyDelRey
14 hours ago, freebit said:

Did anyone expect it to do well? There's nothing to sustain it since it's not being played on radio, she's not booked on tv shows, and she's not a Drake-like figure where anything she releases gets a huge audience - she's a "mindie" artist like Carly Rae. I'm surprised it made it in the top 50. 

Are you being serious right now? Why did you compare her to a one hit wonder? Lana's debut album sold more than 7m copies ww and has more than 1.4 billion streams on Spotify.

The only prisons that exist are ones we put each other in..

TimisaMonster

No promo, no hype, and the song is boring compared to everything else on the trendy charts

What did she or any of the fans expect...

:lana:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

gagaisitalian

When you don't make music for charts and don't promote it, this is what you get.

freebit
7 hours ago, Bakki Del Rey said:

Are you being serious right now? Why did you compare her to a one hit wonder? Lana's debut album sold more than 7m copies ww and has more than 1.4 billion streams on Spotify.

It's not an insult to be compared to Carly Rae. They're alike in that they are renowned by music blogs & critics, but aren't exactly considered superstars, they're more cult-like "indie" figures, yet have some name recognition - they're more on the middle of this spectrum, hence "mindie"

The Fame

I'm kinda surprised that it charted at 44 and then...disappeared? I'm neutral on the song but it almost seems like the math doesn't work out.  

Also...the music video is alright but I can't with Lana and her band singing on the moon. The green screen is just too obvious. :toofunny:

JohnnyVersace
14 hours ago, Helxig said:

Love Yourself by Bieber is a slow acoustic ballad... and there are plenty of quiet, slow songs that make it in the charts. Love is much more dramatic and loud than Love Yourself.

Why do people think the radio will only play dance/club music these days? There are heaps of songs that break that stereotype.

I didn't say that at all...

But idg why people think this would chart above Lorde, or any other boppable song. It's beautiful, but hardly a gp smash. 

Zombie
On 22/3/2017 at 4:34 AM, Heterophobia said:

I don't know what y'all were expecting 

okvYDUD.gif

TBH im a huge Lana fan, (huge) and love just did nothing for me and my flawless taste, i need a 2nd single asap

053Timo
On 22-3-2017 at 11:19 AM, heavymetall0v3r said:

After entering at number 44, Lana Del Rey's lead single "Love" has already dropped off the Hot 100 chart.

Opinion, open at own risk; not accepting shade:

Hide contents

Green Light goes to 19 or 20, HOW. ITS TERRIBLE AND A BAD VIDEO. Her vocals don't belong on covers of Taylor Swift 1989 B-Sides... :awkney: sorry i mean in pop music

HOW TF IS A SONG AS TIMELESS, BEAUTIFUL AND UNASSUMING WITH SUCH A MAGNIFICENT VIDEO NOT IN THE TOP 20!!?!?

Discuss below Monsters.

Green Light is amazing! Liability even better. 

Archived