Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lana's "Love" Completely Gone From Hot 100

heavymetall0v3r

Featured Posts

053Timo
On 22-3-2017 at 11:23 AM, Helxig said:

WHAT?! THIS IS HER BEST SONG IN YEARS.

A beautiful song that is catchy, melodic, and just generally nice and uplifting, which isn't about sex, drugs, drama, dissing anyone, etc, and it's being paid dust. I'll never understand the GP. Never.

I don't think it's catchy at all. And also not uplifting. I like it but this is not a song for the GP

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/22/2017 at 3:28 AM, Sepsami said:

Atleast it's succesful in Belgium (I think), I hear it on radio daily :lolly: When will MR :awkney:

I'm moving to Belgium in September! I'm glad to hear there are people with taste.

Sepsami
44 minutes ago, Marionette said:

I'm moving to Belgium in September! I'm glad to hear there are people with taste.

Oh sis no, people are total hipster snobs here when it comes to music, stay away :poot:

7 hours ago, Sepsami said:

Oh sis no, people are total hipster snobs here when it comes to music, stay away :poot:

Ugh... I'm doing my Master's Degree at the Antwerp Conservatory, sooooooo :emma:

Desperado

How was it supposed to keep being there without radio, promo, sales??? it only got streams and not that much either since it wasnt on playlist 

BloodyJudas
On 22.03.2017 at 11:28 AM, GagaMyBlood95 said:

Because people have bad taste in music, because you have streaming forces like Drake that take all the positions thanks to Spotify, because you have gp darling Ed Sheeran who is also a radio darling, because you have so many other untalented artists who pay their way to radio/streaming/points and 'earn' their place inside HOT 100 or any other chart...

So yeah..

What makes you think you and monsters have better taste in music that the rest of the world? Do you feel superior to others? As far as I know, music is a matter of taste.

I don't think Drake or Ed Sheeran (as much as I dislike him) are untalented, they are also lucky they found themselves in the music industry in the right time and in the right place,. Lana doesn't have that great of a voice either.

GagaMyBlood95
10 minutes ago, BloodyJudas said:

What makes you think you and monsters have better taste in music that the rest of the world? Do you feel superior to others? As far as I know, music is a matter of taste.

I don't think Drake or Ed Sheeran (as much as I dislike him) are untalented, they are also lucky they found themselves in the music industry in the right time and in the right place,. Lana doesn't have that great of a voice either.

Why are you attacking me, when you clearly didn't understand my post at all :laughga:

1. I never said Ed or Drake are untalented, I said there are OTHER untalented artists who pay their way into charts and that is a fact. Ed and Drake were examples for a streaming forces + artists that radio loves to play, regardless of the quality of the actual song.

2. Again, where did I say that I think I have a better taste in music that any other monster or any other person on this Earth? I posted MY opinion, and I never compared my taste to anyone else's.

3. Music is a matter of taste, but forums are a matter of different opinions and I can say mine right?

4. I don't even stan for Lana, I agree that she doesn't have a power house voice, but one thing is that her voice is unique, and her way of singing is for me quite nice. Her song Love is amazing and better than half of the TOP 10 currently on iTunes. (again, my opinion)

BloodyJudas
58 minutes ago, GagaMyBlood95 said:

Why are you attacking me, when you clearly didn't understand my post at all :laughga:

1. I never said Ed or Drake are untalented, I said there are OTHER untalented artists who pay their way into charts and that is a fact. Ed and Drake were examples for a streaming forces + artists that radio loves to play, regardless of the quality of the actual song.

2. Again, where did I say that I think I have a better taste in music that any other monster or any other person on this Earth? I posted MY opinion, and I never compared my taste to anyone else's.

3. Music is a matter of taste, but forums are a matter of different opinions and I can say mine right?

4. I don't even stan for Lana, I agree that she doesn't have a power house voice, but one thing is that her voice is unique, and her way of singing is for me quite nice. Her song Love is amazing and better than half of the TOP 10 currently on iTunes. (again, my opinion)

You may not  have stated explicitly you consider them untalented but you sort of implied that and you may call me way off base but that is what I inferred from your post. And you have every right to claim you do not like someone's music and their artistry doesn't appeal to you. Whether they are paying for their music to be played or not, they would still be feted by the GP since in the vast majority of cases people choose what they wish to listen to and what music they like to stream.

It is great that people freely state their opinion on this forum (sometimes with reckless abandon) but the thing that bugs me the most is that while doing so, users have the proclivity towards tearing an abundance of successful musician down (especially when they are bigger that Gaga).  Monsters keep bashing Nicki, Katy ,Beyonce and Rihanna just to express their vent. Why can't artists co-exist? They are all talented, they have all made it and they focus on a plethora of music projects that differ in many aspects. I may despise Ed Sheeran and find his discography pandering to the masses ,but I won't say he is untalented or paid his way to be on top. His music resonates with my friends' taste and that's alright. I have to suck it up t but I won't listen to his music as he is not my cup of tea.

I used to stan for Lana during her BTD era. I even bought her album and enjoyed her songs but ever since she released the next album, I've completely lost interest in her. The reason she is underperforming is because of the fact she  did not become a  household name when she could've done it back in 2012. Now no one except her hardcore fans and hard music lovers remembers her.  She used to be really popular in Poland in the years of 2012-13 but now no one even speaks about her, left alone plays her music. Sadly ,it has happened to Gaga too.

I am happy you are enjoying her latest effort, good for you and music is here to comfort us and get us into a better mood. It is not meant to turn people against one another and I have a hunch you will agree with me on that  :)

If I indeed overreacted , expect my apology and have a great day :) but as a Katy, Nicki, Rihanna stan I am sick and tired of people constantly disrespecting them and belittling their role in the music industry. They are as popular as Gaga and they made it. Why does it matter so much how many number ones and accolades they have? What really matters is the quality of their music and if their fans are happy with their music route .

GagaMyBlood95
1 hour ago, BloodyJudas said:

You may not  have stated explicitly you consider them untalented but you sort of implied that and you may call me way off base but that is what I inferred from your post. And you have every right to claim you do not like someone's music and their artistry doesn't appeal to you. Whether they are paying for their music to be played or not, they would still be feted by the GP since in the vast majority of cases people choose what they wish to listen to and what music they like to stream.

It is great that people freely state their opinion on this forum (sometimes with reckless abandon) but the thing that bugs me the most is that while doing so, users have the proclivity towards tearing an abundance of successful musician down (especially when they are bigger that Gaga).  Monsters keep bashing Nicki, Katy ,Beyonce and Rihanna just to express their vent. Why can't artists co-exist? They are all talented, they have all made it and they focus on a plethora of music projects that differ in many aspects. I may despise Ed Sheeran and find his discography pandering to the masses ,but I won't say he is untalented or paid his way to be on top. His music resonates with my friends' taste and that's alright. I have to suck it up t but I won't listen to his music as he is not my cup of tea.

I used to stan for Lana during her BTD era. I even bought her album and enjoyed her songs but ever since she released the next album, I've completely lost interest in her. The reason she is underperforming is because of the fact she  did not become a  household name when she could've done it back in 2012. Now no one except her hardcore fans and hard music lovers remembers her.  She used to be really popular in Poland in the years of 2012-13 but now no one even speaks about her, left alone plays her music. Sadly ,it has happened to Gaga too.

I am happy you are enjoying her latest effort, good for you and music is here to comfort us and get us into a better mood. It is not meant to turn people against one another and I have a hunch you will agree with me on that  :)

If I indeed overreacted , expect my apology and have a great day :) but as a Katy, Nicki, Rihanna stan I am sick and tired of people constantly disrespecting them and belittling their role in the music industry. They are as popular as Gaga and they made it. Why does it matter so much how many number ones and accolades they have? What really matters is the quality of their music and if their fans are happy with their music route .

I definitely had no intention of putting any of the mentioned artists down, because I never do that. I might joke sometimes, or say things in a sarcastic way, but never to actually insult or to bash other artists.

My post was mostly directed to the today's charts, and how it does not correlate with the quality in the music because of so many factors like streaming, radio etc. which can make or break a song. So I think that is highly unfair to certain acts. Example: Madonna isn't being played on the radio because of her age. Gaga is not being played on the radio despite her huge sales because the radios refuse to put 'LADY GAGA' name on their playlist (MR is kinda breaking that thank god). And so many other examples.

Of course, I agree that what matters is the music, and if we actually enjoy it. Charts are fun to follow, and I do so, but I never say -  Oh this album sold millions so its amazing. Or - Well this album flopped, it's so bad.

Because that makes no sense, and it couldn't be further from the truth.

Archived