Featured Posts

monsterdino
53 minutes ago, Dutch said:

TFM is her most overrated album by this fanbase. Ugh. :nails:

fixedt!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Less is more. TFM is a perfect album with no skippable songs. BTW has some great songs but it also has some fillers that distract the appreciation of the actual good work. 

I'd rather have it short and sweet.

Delulu Rogers

TFM is flawless. BTW has many lows, similar instrumentals and is overrated tbh

huttont
2 hours ago, monsterdino said:

well thats bc BTW has literally the double amount of songs that TFM has lmao

if u chose your 8 highlights from BTW, who would u choose? BTW or TFM?

Still TFM

Alien Tulip
3 hours ago, monsterdino said:

I can't @ these gays choosing TFM just because it was a perfect era, can you guys just judge based on the music and not on the success? This happend to ARTPOP saying it's the worst album JUST because it flopped :madge:

What if some of us genuinely like the music on TFM better than Born This Way? To me ARTPOP was a boring album full of annoying beats. It has nothing to do with its chart success which I barely even care about. I still attended the artrave because she's still a good performer. 

RochestrMonstr

BTW wins. 

TFM is wonderful, it's iconic, and it's a huge improvement over it's predecessor.  But I always think it seems overrated. I only really like 6/8 songs, even though I don't hate any of them. I'll always love how much of an impact this era had, but it's just, to me, an inferior body of work to everything that came later. 

I prefer BTW. So many different sounds going on, and I somehow managed to love every single song. It's 17/17 for me.

Dirtyicecreamz

Born This Way will remain one of the best, if not the best pop album of this DECADE (non-bias opinion). It's perfection: the lyrics, melodies, instrumentals, themes, etc. So timeless and pushed so many musical boundaries. Plus it's full on dark pop, you can't beat that 

Stop the music, Start the drama.

AlphaMonster

Born This Way. TFM is flawless except Teeth imo but it is a short EP. Born This Way has only 2 filler songs in my opinion but Bonus songs compensate for that. For the rest, BTW has a unified sound that resonate through album, and it has a consistent theme. Also I am gay, I will never be objective about Born This Way :laughga:

Jesus Aguilar

Here's my thoughts on this through objective (as objective as possible) analysis as possible. 

TFM:

Lyrical Content-10

Cohesion-10 

Concept-10

Filler Amount-10

Amount of content-8 

Production-10 

Vocals-9 

Aging-9

BTW: 

Lyrical Content-9

Cohesion-8

Concept-9

Filler Amount-8

Amount of Content-10

Production-10

Vocals-10

Aging- 10 

Overall

TFM- 9.5 

BTW- 9.25 

TFM is the superior album. The lyrical content is Gaga's best and the production is nearly her best. It's biggest strength lies in the cohesion and how clean and polished the album is. The high points (as objectively yet still a bit subjective) are BR, Alejandro, DITD, and Speechless with the lowest point for me personally being SHICD (although a lot of you Ik love that song). That being said, I still totally jam to SHICD and the album always plays without a single skip and never one moment where you don't want to be engulfed by whatever song is playing. There's truly no filler in this album. The biggest negative is the fact that's it's technically an EP and the content amount shows that. 8 incredible tracks, but after you're done with the album, you kind of miss it because it was a bit short. Concept wise, the Album slays. The entire monster metaphor is perfect and it plays off perfectly when you see it as a part 2 ( not an extension) of The Fame. 

BTW has Gaga's best production (tracks like GH and HML are proof of this!) and the vocals are killer and superior to TFM. Concept wise, the idea of an empowerment album is great and while it's not anything truly groundbreaking, it's exciting and executed incredibly that lends to a powerful album. Cohesion is pretty good, and I view this album being described as "disco hard pop" because there's a ton of heavy sounds in it and I live for it. That being said, the albums bigest downfall is in the filler and polished department. BJ+AF, BK, and FOHL are the lowest points for me personally and I just can't get into them genuinely no matter how much I try. The studio version of "Hair" is tiny bit questionable. Strongest points here personally are GH, Judas, Sheibe, HML, and TEOG. But other songs are also so incredible like MTN, BTW, You and I, and Americano. Ultimately; the peaks here are more. But the reason for that is because there's more content which is great but that comes with low points that you don't see on TFM. I think lyrically, she steps down just a tad, but the production makes up for it. I think this the ultimate fan favorite because of the sheer volume of content and peaks the album has. It's easy to just skip the tracks we don't love. But when speaking of a superior album, we consider the entire album because that's how it was put out and made and intended to be like, for better or worse. This is an incredible album and remains Gaga's boldest and most authentic work I believe. But it's not her objective( as possible) best. 

TFM wins mostly for the clean , smooth, polished qualities as an album and because of the filler on BTW. If BTW wleimated 3 tracks, I think they would have either tied or BTW would be superior, however, that's not the case and BTW is what it is. That being said, if Gaga made another album, I would want it to be more like BTW. Not saying I personally like it better, I just love the amount of content, low points and all because somewhere out there will love those low points. 

Winner: TFM 

Ok what the hell b*tches is wrong with you? Bad Kids is a beautiful Song and one of my faves on the album. Americano can only wish :laughga:

Btw BTW is the winner by haters 

However TFM still has Telephone :duck:

𝕞𝕪 𝕓𝕚𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕪 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕖, 𝕡𝕠𝕡 𝕒 𝟡𝟙𝟙

ItsTommyBitch

BTW is a more cohesive, and honestly avant garde piece of work. I'd take music that is BTW era sonically from Gaga during any era and never feel bored of it :giveup: 

TFM is 8 tracks "technically" and TF has lots of skippable tracks on it, so putting them together does little. People like to act as if its impossible to find 8 tracks that are all perfect, but its really not :emma: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Ricardo

TFM >>>>

Out of the 8 songs I maybe skip Speechless once in a while but with BTW I find myself skipping songs more often 

Archived