politics

US to ban electronic devices on flights from ME

Started by Morphine Prince with 58 replies so far

4 minutes ago, AlphaMonster said:

They mean that devices will have to be put in luggages, they will not be accepted on board. 

Yeah, that Reuters tweet was so vague :rip: 

STILL. Imagine being on a long flight without your favorte device. 

Anyway a lot of this is speculation and we should wait for the official announcement tomorrow. 

Marry The Night, G.U.Y., and Perfect Illusion flopped for our sins.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

Yeah, that Reuters tweet was so vague :rip: 

STILL. Imagine being on a long flight without your favorte device. 

Anyway a lot of this is speculation and we should wait for the official announcement tomorrow. 

Well, all transatlantic flights I've been to had super good entertainment systems, I never even checked my devices that much. 

It is more about the absurdity of the decision. Even if they were so concerned, they could have implemented some security systems. You can't ban every single device that can be used in terror*. 

*for little republicans: You can ban the gun because gun's primary objective is to shoot which happens to be the same with method of terror and essence of violence. Phones and Computers are for communication purposes even though they can be used for other purposes like many other devices. 

Edited by AlphaMonster
3 people like this

41 minutes ago, CustomGueseppi said:

giphy.gif 

:ladyhaha:.... I love you.

OT: Do you guys ever take the time to do your own research. 

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/03/20/royal-jordanian-airlines-reportedly-bans-all-electronic-devices-from-carry-on-luggage.html# 

They can have the electronics but it has to be in their luggage (checked baggage only) and they can not carry them on the plane. This does not include cell phones or med equipment (you can bring this on the plane with you)..... :reductive:

55 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Wait, so you can't even bring a cell phone??? :awkney: How are people suppose to call whoever they need to call after they get off the plane? So now they're gonna have to buy new phones everywhere they go??

inb4 a bunch of phone companies paid for this to happen so they can get more sales

pay phones about to make a comeback

Monster Ball - 2010, Monster Ball 2011, Born This Way Ball 2013, artRAVE 2014

I mean it's just a way for would-be terrorists to sneak the supposed-bomb into the cargo hold instead of in the passenger area? I don't understand what this solves. (Spoiler: nothing.) 

1 person likes this

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Solves nothing for a threat that does not exist.

I mean Goddamn. The calls are coming from inside the House Trump. You are going after the wrong people, but of course Daddy Putin knows this, hence why he's pulling your strings so hard :smh:

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

This better not apply to Qatar, Emirates, or Etihad :grr:

I need my phone, iPad, and 3DS, or the boredom of the 13 hr flight will kill me :gum:

But seriously how is this gonna help anyone? Tighten screenings for electronics/improve them and you won't inconvenience literally MILLIONS of passengers. Wtf.

Ummmm, they're fxcked tho, we are all know how many thieves are in airports around the world, no exception for USA, if you put your electronics in your checked baggage. Some really bad people have all the time in the world to open your suitcase and snatch every valuable things before they put it into plane or give it back to you through the carousel in your destination aiport.

Other than that, it is also risky, since the airport crew threw your suitcase around, this is no secret already.

Curious bout the full list tbh. This is shxtty tbh!

1 person likes this

a grateful shite

If there's an immediate threat, I kinda understand :emma: we don't know the context.

If it's because of a threat, at least I'm happy they're following FBI's/CIA's/whatever's advice (unlike Bush, who was warned about a plane attack but did nothing!)

so they're are taking their rights to communicate? 

how is this gonna stop terrorism tho :interestinga:

Im Harol don't tell anyone

I don't recall technical devices such as tablets being a risk. And this also affect the Americans going back home so how does this make sense?

Was there an incident recently where a technical device (other than that exploding Samsung phone battery last year) posted a risk on an airplane? I'm genuinely curious.

Give someone a program, frustrate them for a day. Teach someone how to program, frustrate them for a lifetime.

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, ZarinStar said:

I don't recall technical devices such as tablets being a risk. And this also affect the Americans going back home so how does this make sense?

Was there an incident recently where a technical device (other than that exploding Samsung phone battery last year) posted a risk on an airplane? I'm genuinely curious.

Nothing major tbh, just this woman got her headphones blown up and that was in Australia, but anything with Li-ion battery pose threat for explosion and have always been limited since forever, IMHO there must be other reasons. I mean airports  security in USA will stopped you for a search and questioning if you have some odd substance or residue on your clothes that you don't even know how you catch it! That is just how paranoid the safety measures are here ever since 9/11

Edited by RAMROD
1 person likes this

a grateful shite

2 hours ago, CustomGueseppi said:

giphy.gif 

Real maturity just for a few likes. Glad to know that you can't have the decency to at least be respectful. 

1 person likes this

UPDATES:

"CNN, citing an unnamed U.S. official, said the ban on electronics on certain airlines is related to al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula and that some information came from a recent U.S. special forces raid in Yemen. Reuters could not immediately confirm the CNN report, but Reuters has reported the group has planned several foiled bombing attempts on Western-bound airlines."

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN16R2JN?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=58d09f6704d30149ad6de7a2&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

a grateful shite