💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga's Music Innovative and Exciting Anymore?

merlot

is gaga's music exciting anymore?   

273 members have voted

1. 1. is gaga's music exciting anymore?

• YES!
    • No :(

Featured Posts

Infinity Wave

I always hype myself for new releases, whatever artist it is, I always get on the hype train. 

And, of course, Gaga's got me on GIANT hype trains in the past, but after all that time waiting for LG5, I felt like all my hype was dead, seriously. I (and we all) so lonlgy waited for even a little peace of information that the hype died. I admit I got hyped liked never b4 when on ladygaga.com I found out "Perfect Illusion" and stuff, but than, no big performances, no hits, etc brought me back to reality and I realized I wasn't so much hyped for what I discovered to be called "Joanne". 

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Joanne, like, there are so many powerful songs (DH, JW, MR... are some of my favourite songs fron her) but I realize that it feels like uncomplete, something is missing, I don't know what but after a full listen, I feel partly unsatisfied. 

Anyway, I know I will hype myself again for LG6, and if it will be true dark pop like TFM, I think I could also have a heart attack when she announces the firts single (I was about to have one when she announced PI, bit my aunt slapped me in the face and I cooled down lol)

Colourful

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trepadation
17 hours ago, merlot said:

but with ARTPOP and Joanne i don't feel the same way

stopped reading, cancelled /thread try again sis 

Lucas

No, on ARTPOP only half the songs were exciting to me, the rest was really meh

Joanne well... Sinner's Prayer is the only song I really like because it's not something I hear every day, the rest is meh aswell...

13 hours ago, giskardsb said:

many of the songs tell stories and are lyrically much smoother and flow more naturally than a lot of her earlier work which often sounded like it was written in 10 minutes, which Gaga might think is cute but many times was obvious.  She always used to say "respect your vomit" but sometimes she could have wiped up a bit around the edges ;)

Of course not all the songs are lyrically interesting (Ayo, cough), but in general I think her songwriting improved a lot on Joanne.  Probably because she wasn't against getting help from established writers.  Don't get me wrong, I like her extamporaneous style also, particularly on Born This Way.  But many of the songs on Joanne will be just as relatable 30 years from now as they are today.  

That makes sense. I have to admit that I'm a big fan of the campy lyrics, especially in ARTPOP, so maybe Joanne's lyrics being so straight-forward is where it loses me.

"There's nothing exciting in Joanne era." monsters, what about the unexpected video for JOHN ******* WAYNE? :lolly::whitney::stalkga:

PeachJug

What's up with all this "LG6 is coming!"

its gonna be at least a year until LG6! :(

ArtGagaPop

I love both albums and i can't wait for more gaga music. ARTPOP (the song) is magic and takes over your mind. MANiCURE, Applause and DWUW is also still such good songs. I love every song on Joanne and even after so many listens to Million reasons i scream the chorus " I BOW DOWN TO PRAAAAAY" everytime it comes on and the song is still as good first as the first time. PI is also such a killer track when your in the mode for it, same with A-YO and DIC. Sinners prayer/Joanne/hey girl are always so soothing and make you feel in peace. So yes for me gagas music is sitll exciting, i think Joanne/BTW are her best work with The fame monster 2 ARTPOP 3 and the fame last. 

KURUSHITOVSKA

Her music is still exciting because she is unpredictable. It's always excitong to have someone in the industry that cares about her work, writes it and produces it. Not all of them do it.

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta taråntula?

JupiterDrive

Exciting? No 

I'm not even excited for lg6 since I know it will always be considered as the movies album especially if it turns out to be some jazz or tihty bore

Jorge Gonzalez Varela
10 hours ago, SilkSpectre0 said:

Why are the people who dislike the music since ARTPOP still logging into a fansite for her four years later :laughga: 

Because friend, being a fan does not mean you have to be an idiot and you have to love everything she does. That's being immature and not having your own judgment. :classy:

Here's to our brand new start, I won't be waiting for nothing. I'll mend the broken parts. Pick up the pieces,

VOLANTIS

Well you can tell LG6 is going to be different from her previous albums too because she seems to be boldly following that suit. So there's really no statistics at play about how you might feel for any of Gaga's future products really. She's not going to be playing safe. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

holy scheisse

BORN THIS WAY was innovative :whitney:

Spoiler

Joanne is reductive 

ARTPOP is reductive

blackpink

I don't like how this thread is giving all of the Joanne haters an excuse to bash the album. Yikes 

merlot
9 hours ago, Dolce Vita said:

I don't like how this thread is giving all of the Joanne haters an excuse to bash the album. Yikes 

people can express their opinions freely, darling :awkney:

Archived