💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga's Music Innovative and Exciting Anymore?

merlot

is gaga's music exciting anymore?   

273 members have voted

1. 1. is gaga's music exciting anymore?

• YES!
    • No :(

Featured Posts

giskardsb

Joanne has her best songwriting.   That is more important to me.  I don't go to pop for musical innovation, plenty of that happening outside the pop realm.    Pop should be more about the lyrics and the song, although clearly when you look at the modern pop landscape people don't want to think very deep at the moment.  Apparently they just want to be bored with watered down tropical house and characterless vocalists that all sound the same.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miel

Yes. Joanne was a very musically exciting album, but in a different way.

It's more along the vein of Born This Way in that it looked to classic Americana sounds as an influence. But rather than combining it with hard-hitting electronic dance pop (a bit- she still kind of did in the first half of Joanne), she instead reveled in it. It's very classic, but not completely contrived and still forward-sounding.

3 points in and ready for more

7 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

Joanne has her best songwriting.  

I see a lot of people say this, but I don't get why people think the writing on Joanne is better than her past albums. Can you elaborate? 

TimisaMonster

If you're referring to the present...no

In the the past...yes

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

giskardsb
1 minute ago, Gagz said:

I see a lot of people say this, but I don't get why people think the writing on Joanne is better than her past albums. Can you elaborate? 

many of the songs tell stories and are lyrically much smoother and flow more naturally than a lot of her earlier work which often sounded like it was written in 10 minutes, which Gaga might think is cute but many times was obvious.  She always used to say "respect your vomit" but sometimes she could have wiped up a bit around the edges ;)

Of course not all the songs are lyrically interesting (Ayo, cough), but in general I think her songwriting improved a lot on Joanne.  Probably because she wasn't against getting help from established writers.  Don't get me wrong, I like her extamporaneous style also, particularly on Born This Way.  But many of the songs on Joanne will be just as relatable 30 years from now as they are today.  

boyerased

Lyrically she is improving. Her music is exciting in a sense that you don't know what to expect from her. But she stopped being innovative in my honest opinion. 

I keep on saying this but I feel like she should stop looking back to the past and using her influences to carve her music. I want her music to sound like nothing before it. She should now try to define her sound much harder. 

tonythewitch

exciting: she just released her first album with this kind of sound, how not to be excited? It's her most intimate and raw yet, and it's a fresh start, total rebranding, where will she go from here?

innovative: Gaga is a pop musician, to my opinion, she's been innovative about the music videos, fashions, concepts, catchphrases, hooks and breaks in songs, marketing and much more, but the music itself...
Her sound from TF to ARTPOP has always been stuff that people with knowledge of electronic music and pop music through the ages would not find innovative at all. She's a passeur, and her sound is a collage of different influences, it's pop so it's innovative in mainstream.

MJHolland

Why would you lump ARTPOP in with that tho? That was an incredibly diverse, unique, artistic piece. 

RochestrMonstr
11 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

Why would you lump ARTPOP in with that tho? That was an incredibly diverse, unique, artistic piece. 

It's just as confusing as how people keep lumping in The Fame (very repetitive, her worst album) with Born This Way (her first truly innovative album). 

To each their own! I think her music has gotten better each time (BTW and ARTPOP often switch between second and third place)  I love how she tries sounds she hasn't tried before. 

MJHolland
5 minutes ago, RochestrMonstr said:

It's just as confusing as how people keep lumping in The Fame (very repetitive, her worst album) with Born This Way (her first truly innovative album). 

To each their own! I think her music has gotten better each time (BTW and ARTPOP often switch between second and third place)  I love how she tries sounds she hasn't tried before. 

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, I love that each album is SO different from one other (like more than any other artist, are albums are worldssssss apart!)

Unfortunately you run the risk of alienating some fans. This new sound might be innovative for Gaga, but I don't love it personally (I do like it though!)

RochestrMonstr
10 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, I love that each album is SO different from one other (like more than any other artist, are albums are worldssssss apart!)

Unfortunately you run the risk of alienating some fans. This new sound might be innovative for Gaga, but I don't love it personally (I do like it though!)

That's understandable. It happens every era for some fans. 

I remember some people being turned off by the religious references on the BTW album when that came out.

And then I remember some people just thought ARTPOP was too ridiculous/all over the place, and many of those people missed BTW Gaga. (I disagreed with all these people, like I said, ARTPOP and BTW are my second and third favorites). 

The great thing about being a Gaga Stan is that if the current era isn't your cup of tea, the next era will likely be completely different! 

Dirtyicecreamz

Joanne is a great album but not innovative/exciting. Then again, I think Gaga knows that very well. The question is: does she want to make new, boundary-pushing music again or is she done with that and just wants to sing about things that are close to her heart and not try so hard to get hits.

I have to admit that I'm becoming a bit less excited for her new music. She takes so long in between each record that it feels as though each new album is a "comeback"

Stop the music, Start the drama.

merlot
6 hours ago, Leeo said:

Ok I'm scared of Y'all saying that TFM\BTW aged like milk or something :gum:

edit: I understand The Fame since there are songs like Starstruck (bop) that are like stucked in 2008 because of it's production but... :rip: 

i think some of the fans try to bash her earlier albums so they can feel like joanne is a better album 

that's sad.....

Savage

Yes, Joanne sounds like nothing else on the radio. It is innovative and I'm here for it. She made what she wanted to, and that's the definition of Gaga.

Archived