politics

Brexit to begin 29 March

Started by Morphine Prince with 34 replies so far

5 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

Same here bro, especially when Scotland voted overwhelmingly to remain. :madge:

Well you traitors are jumping ship so I guess you're getting the lesser evil :madge:

jk I don't blame you :madge:

2 people like this

9 minutes ago, Entropy said:

out of topic but i thought you had a teen wolf star on your profile :madge: youre too damn handsome :madge: 

Rihported for being off topic :madge:

but aw thanks, :hug:

Is it bad that as a foreigner I'm hoping for a lower pound so I can go back and visit?

Spoiler

Yeah, it is, but whatever

1 person likes this

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

32 minutes ago, Entropy said:

gals it was a joke

most jokes are funny

4 people like this

I'm not as anxious as previously but TMay needs to secure a trade deal and freedom of movement needs to be a priority.  

These next 2 years are going to be challenging...

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

If GBP crashes and burns then I'm jumping off a cliff

source.gif

My island had absolutely no say in brexit but everything will affect us, from the exchange rates to trade deals :madge:

Living off a sugar daddy since Sept '16

I'm here for brexit.

I don't know why people are so emotionally invested in a political union that only holds us back.

3 people like this

I'm shitting my pants because I'm Italian and moved to London for uni last year, and was planning on staying and building a life here. We'll see lol

who will love me when the night is over

51 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

I just find it funny that something important like this is effectively left up to PEOPLE. Lmao most people don't know **** and that's the truth. Easily swayed and especially online by actual fake news these days. 

Many early philosophers and scholars argued that the idea of a full democracy was **** because the "average" person was not informed enough to vote from a place of confidence :green: Some even argued that by the nature of having to be a citizen (get a job, and support your family and state) you were prevented from having the time to fully investigate and understand state business so that you might make an "informed" vote in the first place :shrug: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

9 minutes ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

Many early philosophers and scholars argued that the idea of a full democracy was **** because the "average" person was not informed enough to vote from a place of confidence  Some even argued that by the nature of having to be a citizen (get a job, and support your family and state) you were prevented from having the time to fully investigate and understand state business so that you might make an "informed" vote in the first place  

I kind of agree with that tbh. But it's very complicated so I can't say whether it's always right or wrong :giggle:

Basic US civics tests need to be conducted before voting in the US though (slightly kidding) :classy: 

Marry The Night, G.U.Y., and Perfect Illusion flopped for our sins.

1 hour ago, Craig Barnes said:

Lets hope Nicola can do something. 2nd Independence referendum to be debated in the Scottish Parliment on Wednesday. If the majority votes for an Independence Referendum, then there will be a referendum on Scottish Independence. Nicola is our only beacon of hope, if we become an independent country then we'd be part of the E.U again. 

That's a HUUUUUUUUUGE shortcut. Scottland would have to ask to be part of the EU. It would be a long process and Scottland entry could also be rejected or paused for few years.

Edited by Florian

1 hour ago, Craig Barnes said:

Lets hope Nicola can do something. 2nd Independence referendum to be debated in the Scottish Parliment on Wednesday. If the majority votes for an Independence Referendum, then there will be a referendum on Scottish Independence. Nicola is our only beacon of hope, if we become an independent country then we'd be part of the E.U again. 

If you're given a second referendum, which is unlikely right now, you'd probably have to wait until after Brexit to leave the United Kingdom and if you did not you would still have to reapply to join the EU, which once again would take years.

Leaving the UK even with instant access to the EU would be ridiculous, leaving the UK without it is downright suicide.

1 person likes this

bgkQK.gif

I feel sorry for the remain-voters who are getting dragged down with the sinking island tho :ohno: 

We don't need no statements

44 minutes ago, Pray4FameGa said:

I'm here for brexit.

I don't know why people are so emotionally invested in a political union that only holds us back.

I voted remain but I second this.

2 people like this