#YoutubeIsOverParty trending after Gaga and LGBT videos are blocked

shmal96

Featured Posts

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DemeLarell
24 minutes ago, CowSiss said:

Like I said, you don't need to do research to see that a lot of LGBT content is getting restricted for no reason. I also said explicit content is what is being targeted, but that for general LGBT content to fall under that explicit umbrella goes to show there is an issue on how that content is treated in the media and in greater society. If you don't know why many of us are truly up in arms, then you'll probably not ever understand why

I don't know bc i didn't do research. I just asked on here and read articles that seem biased. How else would I figure out the full story? Take your word for it? I'm not trying to discredit you but I like to read up and research it myself. What's the harm with that? I'm not saying I disagree with you yet. I'm just saying I will look it up myself and form an opinion on my own. What's wrong with that?

bitchimtrying
3 hours ago, shmal96 said:

With Youtube's 'Restricted Mode' feature turned on, Gaga videos are blocked and will not come up when searched (example: Born This Way). Other LGBT videos and vloggers are having their videos restricted as well (Tyler Oakley). 

From Google's website:

"You can use Restricted Mode to help screen out potentially objectionable content that you may prefer not to see or don't want others in your family to see on YouTube. We use community flagging, age-restrictions, and other signals to identify and filter out potentially inappropriate content. Restricted Mode is available in all languages, but due to potential cultural sensitivities, the quality may vary."

:what:

In other words making LGBT+ videos is deemed inappropriate and they have given people the power to silence LGBT+ voices with the click of a button. In a time where we need louder voices than ever, this is truly disgusting. They should be ashamed, especially since they didn't even admit that they made a mistake. 

bitchimtrying

Oh and also, youtubers don't make money from restricted videos because they are deemed for 18+. So basically they just fu**ed every lgbt content creator. 

hausofkc

Being honest, as an actual real life mom. Most parents are only wanting their child to watch Mickey Mouse Club House, Bubble Guppies, or education type materials on YouTube and they aren't concerned about their 3 year old watching the Born Thid Way video or Tyler Oakley. 

Sepsami
10 hours ago, DominicB said:

You guys are going to sit here and try to make it seem as if Google IS NOT BEYOND pro-LGBT? 

I imagined the cat in your avi saying this while angry :sharon:

Kermit
On 3/20/2017 at 5:31 AM, Sepsami said:

I imagined the cat in your avi saying this while angry :sharon:

Oh my god :air:

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Kermit
On 3/20/2017 at 5:44 AM, Sepsami said:

IKR :ladyhaha::ladyhaha::ladyhaha: stomping his lil paws together :diane:

Didn't realize how iconic it was when I chose it. :giveup:

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

666 others
14 hours ago, Ryusei said:

why are people so dramatic freaking everything with a woman in the thumbnail gets blocked pretty much lol no matter if sexual in any way or not that filter is just hella broken

If it is true, then that's a major problem and should be protested till YT modifies their algorithm/policy.

:holyshit:

666 others
17 hours ago, monsterdino said:

ok wtf??? Tyler is the most clean youtuber I know and they blocked him just bc hes gay...PATHETIC!

Youtube is really becoming worse and worse in these last couple of months

While Milo Yiannopoulos is available in his full glory :poot: Perhaps YT does not restrict gays if they are alt-right hate-speech deliverers?

:holyshit:

Archived