Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do Straight Girls Like Gaga?

Shadow

Featured Posts

The Fame Joanne

I know more straight girls who like her than straight girls who don't like her. They mght not be stans but they like her songs and respect and like her for her message and self-confidence

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JustYouandI
1 hour ago, Shadow said:

When you say nerdish... like art/drama students or more educated girls?

A lot of girls in my school, including me and lots of my friends like gaga. They just arent hardcore fans. More like casual listeners that enjoy her music but dont really knwo about her personal life and stuff.

Nirvana

This straight girl LOVES Gaga :classy: I don't know if it has anything to do with my sexuality though, I wasn't into pop at all when Gaga came to the pop scene. Only Bad Romance cought my attention and I started to search more about her. I realised how talented she is, all the live performances blew me away. :giveup: Also the fact that she's a rock girl at heart, and it shows in her performances too. Also her overall message about standing up for those who are in minority and bullied (in the BTW era) made me love her even more. :heart:

I have so little amount of friends that I cannot answer if straight girls in general like her, but those I've seen sometimes share links of her songs on fb, I do think that they respect her for the things she stands up for and think she is talented too.

JustYouandI
11 minutes ago, PennyroyalTea said:

This straight girl LOVES Gaga :classy: I don't know if it has anything to do with my sexuality though, I wasn't into pop at all when Gaga came to the pop scene. Only Bad Romance cought my attention and I started to search more about her. I realised how talented she is, all the live performances blew me away. :giveup: Also the fact that she's a rock girl at heart, and it shows in her performances too. Also her overall message about standing up for those who are in minority and bullied (in the BTW era) made me love her even more. :heart:

I have so little amount of friends that I cannot answer if straight girls in general like her, but those I've seen sometimes share links of her songs on fb, I do think that they respect her for the things she stands up for and think she is talented too.

She really is empowering and many many girls (straignt or not) admire her for it. Specially how she treats taboo topics regarding female sexuaity so naturally, it is liberating, especially coming from more conservative and gender oppressing countries.

musicnotbling

you know what it could also be? i attach to female figures in my life a lot. my mother passed away when i was only 10, and since then i've grown fond of older female figures in my life. not like a sexuality way because i know for sure i'm straight, it's like i look up to them. like teachers. every year or so, i find one teacher that i really relate to/feel comfortable with and it's usually a female. i sort of look up to them as motherly figures. i love what gaga's about and she's an amazing performer, etc.

freebit

Another straight girl fan here. My sisters and the women in my friend circle all either like her, or are ambivalent - they are pretty diverse group that mostly ranges from late teens to early 30s - everyone seems to at least like one Gaga song. I actually don't think I've ever really met any other woman who outright hated her (or at least anyone that was vocal about it). I've also noticed she's also the most-followed "pop girl" of my friends on facebook and IG (Beyonce is the other most popular). I noticed a big uptick in her being mentioned on my feed when she protested and spoke out against Trump. 

Noula Corleone

Straight girl here :chica:

All the straight girls I know are positive or neutral to Gaga, they don't criticize her :D

JustYouandI
Just now, Noula Corleone said:

Straight girl here :chica:

All the straight girls I know are positive or neutral to Gaga, they don't criticize her :D

Same here. And even those who criticize her can see her talent and praise her when its due. 

Ambrosia

I am a straight WOMAN.  I was first drawn to Gaga for her fierce and determined spirit and interesting approach to music.  Gay, bisexual, straight or anything else never entered my mind.  I know of zero persons in my life that attach any sexuality to any music they enjoy. 

I wanted to type something else but I've erased it so many times because I come out sounding like an ass, so I won't say anymore.  :giveup::ph34r::emma:

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

Shadow

@Ambrosia

I think we on this site can agree that music has no gender or sexual orientation. However, we do live in a world with social stigmas and those depend on where we are raised or live.

There is a huge stigma against her where I am from in Texas, since it is very conservative and religious here. As a straight guy, i found out by many friends ending contact with me just because they found out I listened to Lady Gaga and assumed I was gay and "lost." 

Stigmas suck, but they happen. On this forum it happens when people assume everyone here is gay. It isn't true, I agree, but if anyone has been on this forum long enough they have probably seen those exclusive posts. That is one of the reasons it has been difficult to share Gaga's music where I live. I was wondering if girls and women deal with similar stigmas along with accounting for their demographic among the fanbase, just to be clear.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

TheKillerQueen

I'm straight and I stan GaGa hard. 

Lace up my boots, throw on some leather and cruise.

Thomas P

My best friends are sick of her only because I shove her down their throats. They love her (aren't major fans) but when I'm around I'm not even allowed to say her name. Same thing with Beyoncé. I ruin my favourite singers for my friends and family all the time.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Archived