šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Father John Misty says he loves Gaga, hates the industry

Miracle

Featured Posts

takemetovenus
8 hours ago, Oivind said:

When he talks about "****ing psychos", I want to know who he's talking about. Those are strong words.Ā 

Not trying to be shady but to me it was pretty obvious that he was referring toĀ labels in generalĀ :duck:Ā He mentioned how Gaga and Bey came to him of their own volition trying to escape the "psychos" trying to set them up with pop producers just to guarantee a hit. He's just saying that they came to him because they wanted to make the music they wanted to, not the music the label wanted them to make if that makes sense?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mama Ru

I don't know why everyone got so upset over his comments in the first place. It seemed pretty clear he was slamming the industry for its cruel and extremely controlling treatment of major music stars as Gaga herself has touched on not to mention other artists such as Kesha. I didn't think he was being shady to the artists.Ā 

Im blonde, I'm skinny, I'm rich, and I'm a little bit of a bitch.

5 hours ago, takemetovenus said:

Not trying to be shady but to me it was pretty obvious that he was referring toĀ labels in generalĀ :duck:Ā He mentioned how Gaga and Bey came to him of their own volition trying to escape the "psychos" trying to set them up with pop producers just to guarantee a hit. He's just saying that they came to him because they wanted to make the music they wanted to, not the music the label wanted them to make if that makes sense?

I just don't buy what he's saying about psychos, I guess. Lady Gaga and Beyonce haveĀ been allowed to make really good albums, albumsĀ I think they themselves are happy with. Lemonade was critically acclaimed, Joanne had collaborations with lots of authentic artists I think Lady Gaga really wanted to work with.

takemetovenus
3 hours ago, Oivind said:

I just don't buy what he's saying about psychos, I guess. Lady Gaga and Beyonce haveĀ been allowed to make really good albums, albumsĀ I think they themselves are happy with. Lemonade was critically acclaimed, Joanne had collaborations with lots of authentic artists I think Lady Gaga really wanted to work with.

Ā 

Yeah I agree! I don't doubt that either, I just feel like he's saying that Gaga had to fight for that with her label, who wanted her to work with certain producers/songwriters, but she sought out the ones she really wanted to work with, idkĀ I feel like I worded that badlyĀ :sweat:

SKANK

He is a insufferable, elitist, hipster, but at least he is self-aware; ā€œIf you take away my music from me, all you have left is a mustache and a badĀ attitude.ā€

He gave a pretentious interview to Pitchfork, in which he calls Lady Gaga and Beyonce prisoners, and describes his collaborations with them as a "grotesque foray" into the sausage factory - which is obviously demeaning to their art. He went on to say, "When you lionize pop music, you lionize the very thing that feminism purports to be against, which is a culture of exploitation and overcharging..." which is an idea that Gaga has spent her entire career disproving and fighting against.

But oh, he tweeted that he loves her, so I guess we can forget about the douchey diatribe and thunder-stealing release of the Come To Mama demo.

tumblr_l39lhbQz021qaeqdxo1_500.gif

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

uo111
4 minutes ago, SKANK said:

He is a insufferable, elitist, hipster, but at least he is self-aware; ā€œIf you take away my music from me, all you have left is a mustache and a badĀ attitude.ā€

He gave a pretentious interview to Pitchfork, in which he calls Lady Gaga and Beyonce prisoners, and describes his collaborations with them as a "grotesque foray" into the sausage factory - which is obviously demeaning to their art. He went on to say, "When you lionize pop music, you lionize the very thing that feminism purports to be against, which is a culture of exploitation and overcharging..." which is an idea that Gaga has spent her entire career disproving and fighting against.

But oh, he tweeted that he loves her, so I guess we can forget about the douchey diatribe and thunder-stealing release of the Come To Mama demo.

tumblr_l39lhbQz021qaeqdxo1_500.gif

I would not say Gaga has spent her whole career fighting it.

I mean, those glasses are from The Fame.

But songs like Swine, and Do What You Want? Those discuss the dark side of the industry. And it didn't start with that, lest we forget.
Ā 

Gaga is no longer what she was during The Fame era. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if she shares a lot of the same sentiments that FJM does.

SKANK
17 minutes ago, uo111 said:

I would not say Gaga has spent her whole career fighting it.

I mean, those glasses are from The Fame.

But songs like Swine, and Do What You Want? Those discuss the dark side of the industry. And it didn't start with that, lest we forget.
Ā 

Gaga is no longer what she was during The Fame era. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if she shares a lot of the same sentiments that FJM does.

Ā 

I can't imagine Gaga would agree that her art is manufactured, that her art is "made to be liked," audience tested," and "calculated," or that only a "child" would believe that it is possible for a woman to be on stage wearing next to nothing without it being exploitation. The only pop stars Father John Misty has collaborated with are Lady Gaga and Beyonce, so when he describes his experience in the pop world as a "grotesque foray" and calls pop stars "prisoners" it is explicitly clear who he is speaking about.

Ā 

OBEY

he can love her or hate her i don't really mindĀ 

9 hours ago, SKANK said:

He gave a pretentious interview to Pitchfork, in which he calls Lady Gaga and Beyonce prisoners, and describes his collaborations with them as a "grotesque foray" into the sausage factory - which is obviously demeaning to their art.

Not only is it extremely unkind towards Lady Gaga and Beyonce to call it a "grotesque foray", it's a very strange thing to say. Lady Gaga's album was made by lots of highly respected artists. Father John Misty himself has said he loved to see Mark Ronson work, and I'm sure he respects Beck, Kevin Parker and Florence Welch. As for Beyonce's album, he has said he had more fun on Lady Gaga's album, but contributing to one of 2016's most criticially acclaimed albums is hardly a "grotesque foray".

uo111
19 hours ago, SKANK said:

Ā 

I can't imagine Gaga would agree that her art is manufactured, that her art is "made to be liked," audience tested," and "calculated," or that only a "child" would believe that it is possible for a woman to be on stage wearing next to nothing without it being exploitation. The only pop stars Father John Misty has collaborated with are Lady Gaga and Beyonce, so when he describes his experience in the pop world as a "grotesque foray" and calls pop stars "prisoners" it is explicitly clear who he is speaking about.

Ā 

He never said that her art was manufactured.

I get how you would interpret his words to mean that, but I don't like to assume what people mean. He is obviously a pretentious hippy, and he is speaking out of his ass. But I don't think he means to attack Gaga or even Beyonce personally, just the industry in general. He is just so full of himself, it's hard not to take offense at the gibberish he spews because... well, his ARTPOP could mean anything. Let's be honest, he doesn't even know what he was trying to say.

But regardless of whether or not you think he likes Gaga, Gaga has been over the pop industry for a long time too. She almost quit, that was the entire reason she did C2C.

Archived