11 minutes ago, JohnWayne23 said:

why is max martin his default pic?

coz CTTR is by default SOTY :trollga:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley
10 minutes ago, Oivind said:

It seems to me that Lady Gaga was allowed to collaborate with some fantastic musicians on the album, not just Father John Misty, and she was allowed to spend a lot of time in the studio making music we have every reason to believe she enjoyed making. So who are these ****ing psychos she supposedly wants to get away from?

The psychos were supposed to be pop stars' psychos, not Gaga's psychos. It was a general statement, not a personal one directed towards Gaga.

junolxf

I love you too, king. 

"Seems to be trendy lately to talk sh*t about 'Lady Gaga' when your albums/singles drop." - Leviticus 20:27

Kulture Kiari

I dont understand how yall assumed he didnt like Gaga from the previous post. The only thing he said was he doesnt like working for the industry. He didnt shade Gaga at all. 

CannaeDrive
57 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I mean it was pretty obvious that most members misunderstood what he was saying, the quote is quite easy to take out of context.

You must be aware how low is the median IQ on this site tho :poot:

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Miel
10 minutes ago, Bradley Cooper said:

The psychos were supposed to be pop stars' psychos, not Gaga's psychos. It was a general statement, not a personal one directed towards Gaga.

Glad to have more context on it.

His statement seemed overtly-generalized to include Gaga, so I interpreted it as "I just came in and wrote for her- nothing more". Which obviously doesn't sound like Joanne-era Gaga at all.

3 points in and ready for more

GagaMyBlood95

THANK YOU

Now everyone who had a meltdown at that thread can actually chill...

Miel
18 minutes ago, Bradley Cooper said:

It's unsettling because he's more than likely spot on about it. I mean, considering Gaga's past management (not horrible, but definitely not a positive influence on her by the end of their work), and other artists' situations (like Kesha), the mainstream music industry seems pretty horrifying.

I think he definitely could have structured what he said better, because it definitely seemed like he grouped Gaga in with that (although I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, as writers can always misconstrue).

3 points in and ready for more

DeleteMyAccount
1 hour ago, MetalliGa said:

I don't wanna blame all that on that one user but the thread prior is worded horribly bad and people just jumped into conclusions. It's bizarre and I thought what he said is definitely needed to heard of out there.

But still tho, there are PLENTY of people here who only listens to pop music and they wouldn't realize it had he not made that interview

I'd blame that on him. People need to make their arguments clear and precise.

38 minutes ago, Bradley Cooper said:

These are his words, though:

"But why do you think that Lady Gaga or Beyoncé would come to old Uncle Jerry over here for songs if they weren’t looking for something? If they weren’t like, “Get me away from these ****ing psychos.”"

truthteller
4 minutes ago, Oivind said:

These are his words, though:

"But why do you think that Lady Gaga or Beyoncé would come to old Uncle Jerry over here for songs if they weren’t looking for something? If they weren’t like, “Get me away from these ****ing psychos.”"

he's just giving example of the biggest pop acts in the field.

if he really meant her, he would say "SHE" / "LADY GAGA" / "LADY GAGA AND BEYONCE" instead.

truthteller
7 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

I'd blame that on him. People need to make their arguments clear and precise.

it's an interview. not a presidential debate. nor an essay. :awkney:

29 minutes ago, Miel said:

It's unsettling because he's more than likely spot on about it. I mean, considering Gaga's past management (not horrible, but definitely not a positive influence on her by the end of their work), and other artists' situations (like Kesha), the mainstream music industry seems pretty horrifying.

Why is it so horrifying? Kesha's situation is, but that's hardly a normal situation, and no one knows if it's her own fault or not (Dr. Luke hasn't been proven guilty, has he?). After all, those pop stars "used" by the indstry are also made rich by the industry. I just don't believe that managers and producers in general are these evil people who are driven by greed and are just using and discarding artists. I'm sure they are driven as much by their love for music. And when there's a conflict, who's to say the artist is always right?

Archived