question

YouTube censoring Gaga?

EmiRivington

Featured Posts

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagagoogoose

Looks like YouTube is boycotting Gaga. Troy Carter Spotify boycott teas.

EmiRivington
1 minute ago, gagagoogoose said:

Looks like YouTube is boycotting Gaga. Troy Carter Spotify boycott teas.

Exactly. When I read it the first thing I thought was oh, an spotify ally lol :fthis:

i think u freaky but you don't have a hit

restricted feture has been around on youtube for a long time on pc nobody talked about it

just because its on mobile doesnt mean its the end of the world 

and btw can u imagine a 5 year old watching gaga giving birth to herself and having those triangular bone things  (it would haunt them) 

Spoiler

no offence gaga :lolga: i see it as slay 

i watched br at a very young age i was like SLAY MAMA (3-5)

That's Gossip

evgenigerm2
1 hour ago, Pablo said:

What is this restricted youtube I keep hearing about? 

It's a new mode that hides content that might be inappropriate for the young audience. It was meant to hide sexual content and stuff like this, but it also doesn't show LGBT-related content.

„I allow myself to fail. I allow myself to break. I'm not afraid of my flaws.“

RouboRoubo

Dafuq?

Google has lgbt ads of its own. Are they really sensoring all lgbt-related content? Ari's Everyday? :ph34r:

Miel

It's a faulty algorithm if it automatically blocks anything that hits past a particular threshold of reports, imo.

Like, obviously I get the intention, but YouTube has such a broad demographic that unfortunately includes both trolls (that are frequent on the site) and people that view things such as LGBT-related content as inappropriate.

3 points in and ready for more

donutellha

time to flag every other pop girl video :sis: 

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

shmal96

I think it's more because of the users than Google itself? (obviously Google isn't anti-lgbt). But the users themselves will flag videos they see as 'inappropriate' so in Googles algorithm if videos with a lot of flags come through, that video will be put into the 'restricted' category, and maybe the persons channel too. I could be wrong and that's not how it works, but it's what makes sense to me for why this is happening. 

musicnotbling

you guys gotta consider that this is a new search engine they're implementing and testing. of course it's gonna be buggy and broken..i'm sure they've taken into account all of these incidents and are working to fix it. 

the internet is a complex thing, i doubt they were specifically doing all of this for malicious intent. people just like to make a huge situation about it.

666 others
44 minutes ago, donutellha said:

time to flag every other pop girl video :sis: 

More like time to force YT to change their faulty algorithm and archaic policy.

:holyshit:

EmiRivington
23 minutes ago, shmal96 said:

I think it's more because of the users than Google itself? (obviously Google isn't anti-lgbt). But the users themselves will flag videos they see as 'inappropriate' so in Googles algorithm if videos with a lot of flags come through, that video will be put into the 'restricted' category, and maybe the persons channel too. I could be wrong and that's not how it works, but it's what makes sense to me for why this is happening. 

Wouldn't it just be easier to actually watch the videos that get tons of flags and check the content? :lolga:  I really don't know about this stuff so I'm just asking out of curiosity and good intentions :)

i think u freaky but you don't have a hit

Yuuri

I can comfirm that it is happening to LGBT+ artists like Lady Gaga's Born This Way(Although she does give birth) and Troye Sivan's HEAVEN music videos.

Looks like Pence is doing something.

Xoxo Adriana

I wonder if they censored Nicki Minaj or Cupcakke:interestinga:

Archived