Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Father John Misty says he has no interest working with "pop stars"

monketsharona

Featured Posts

Lassex

Maybe this is his way of saying that he feels sorry for the real artists trapped in the industry. It is understandable that he doesn't want to be involved in pop music anymore after he's seen what happens behind the scenes. But it does feel like he's ''biting the hand that feeds him'' even though he doesn't directly say anything bad about Gaga or Bey. He has a point but it does sound pretty disrespectful - I don't believe the statement that pop artists are just ''prisoners''. I'm pretty sure Gaga and Beyoncé are creatively in charge of their music even though the label is responsible for releasing and promoting the music. But it seems like he tries to create discussion and controversy with everything he does and says. Not sure if I like him or hate him, maybe both  :sharon:

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tonythewitch

indie sounds so depressing and sad and boring hahahaha! THANK GOD FOR POP MUSIC

tonythewitch

He must have been VERY well paid by Bey and Gagz so my main feeling about this interview is that he 's a whining ungratefull little bitch who carries out the cliché of the indie versus pop music artists which is such an obsolete point of view. 

monketsharona
2 minutes ago, tonythewitch said:

He must have been VERY well paid by Bey and Gagz so my main feeling about this interview is that he 's a whining ungratefull little bitch who carries out the cliché of the indie versus pop music artists which is such an obsolete point of view. 

That's very sad he thinks this way becausee I'm pretty sure the point of Gaga on Joanne was to bring Pop and indie sounds together 

tonythewitch
1 minute ago, monketsharona said:

That's very sad he thinks this way becausee I'm pretty sure the point of Gaga on Joanne was to bring Pop and indie sounds together 

yea but cynical indie "artists" like him can't see that happen coz pop is music by and for corporate sheeps, and they are the great rebels (LOL)

monketsharona
2 minutes ago, tonythewitch said:

yea but cynical indie "artists" like him can't see that happen coz pop is music by and for corporate sheeps, and they are the great rebels (LOL)

I think someone else mentioned it earlier, but yeah Infected Mushroom acted the same after they worked with Gaga on ARTPOP 

This interview reminds me of the eternal discussion about art vs. entertainment, highbrow vs. lowbrow culture, etc. I have always resented the idea that there is such a thing as lowbrow culture. I usually look upon people who say such things as pretentious snobs.

djBuffoon
3 hours ago, monketsharona said:

To me Sinner's Prayer is damn incredible ! 

Though I never really liked her new team and the way she presented it during the promo of the pre-Joanne era time. It just felt forced to me. I don't think most of them will be back in future tbh. 

And I'll bet that the most prominent collaborators, Mark and Blood, will be back. If FJM has too much pride to return, then good riddance. 

Robinladen

He's mostly being negative about the business aspect related to pop music. Something Gaga has seriously struggled with over the years herself. I feel like the thread title is a bit too hard cause it's not really about Gaga but more pop music in general.

djBuffoon

Misty has so much talent but, my goodness, what a pretentious twat. He put in the time, accepted a hefty paycheck, got the songwriting credit, and is now badmouthing a genre that he has participated in on more than one occasion.

I'd have more respect for him, and his words would hold more weight, if he had turned down their offers. Now he just comes off like a hypocritical, Infected Mushroom-type mess. 

holy scheisse

Lmao you guys are soooo funny when you perceive a threat to Gaga.

1 minute ago, holyscheisse said:

Lmao you guys are soooo funny when you perceive a threat to Gaga.

Who's threatening her? We just think it's unkind to question her integrity as an artist, which is exactly what he does when he insinuates she needs his help.

holy scheisse
5 minutes ago, Oivind said:

Who's threatening her? We just think it's unkind to question her integrity as an artist, which is exactly what he does when he insinuates she needs his help.

That's not what he's saying at all. He's saying he worked with her because he was interested in how commercial pop is made. He says she's a prisoner to the ****ed up world that is mainstream pop. Not once does he say she has no integrity

retroglamx

I adore FJM and his music do this is a bit saddening to read, it almost sounds like he hated the experience :(

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

2 minutes ago, holyscheisse said:

That's not what he's saying at all. He's saying he worked with her because he was interested in how commercial pop is made. He says she's a prisoner to the ****ed up world that is mainstream pop. Not once does he say she has no integrity

To say she's a prisoner is to question her integrity as an artist. If she's just making the music she's forced to make, not the music she wants to make, she doesn't have much integrity as an artist. I believe she makes music she wants to make, though. Maybe she's not as free as we would like to believe, but I feel confident she's not a slave, either. Lars Ulrich thinks she's quite independent, and said it was her decision to sing with Metallica. I believe that.

Archived