💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Father John Misty says he has no interest working with "pop stars"

monketsharona

Featured Posts

latina twilight

He was talking about the industry, he used Gaga's name only as an example but he has nothing against her. Come on, he talked in the past about how he enjoyed the proccess of working with her and even made CTM demo public to celebrate the album release...

Spoiler

Or at least I think so, I don't understad half of the things he said. :rip:

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
giskardsb

also we should stay away from click-baity gossip blogger headlines.

dek0de
16 hours ago, kevinthesheep said:

i'd never heard of him before he collabed with gaga tbh 

bye crusty:madge:

Do you have a link to this Demo?

Rudz Xinc

Never heard of him before Gaga, I thought he's a priest that writes music :trollga:

#FatherJohnMistyIsOverParty

Look at those clowns

Battle 4 Ur Life

WHAT A F* DOUCHE lol

he doesn't realize he's also talking about himself. he talks about as if he was "working class"? f* outta here.

douche.

7 hours ago, Camore said:

This is sad and disappointing since Gaga actually made me listen to his interesting music.

Oh well. Gotta cut someone off this picture.

CvOIvMYWAAA9vnm.jpg

this is so flawless. Gaga is so smart.

7 hours ago, Bloody Matt said:

That's a shame. I love CTM and SP.

they are gems inside the f* outstanding album and overall work of art that is Joanne.

this guy is a hypocrite.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

6 hours ago, giskardsb said:

also we should stay away from click-baity gossip blogger headlines.

I didn't respond because of the headline, I responded because of this:

"But why do you think that Lady Gaga or BeyoncĂ© would come to old Uncle Jerry over here for songs if they weren’t looking for something? If they weren’t like, “Get me away from these ****ing psychos.” Both of them know I’m not running around looking for these gigs."

Who are the "****ing psychos" Lady Gaga wants to get away from? The "****ing psychos" who decided to let her work with Mark Ronson, Bloodpop, Beck, Kevin Parker, Florence Welch etc.? Father John Misty contributed on a Lady Gaga album and a Beyonce album which both would have been amazing without him. Is he saying they're not? Is he saying that Lady Gaga and Beyonce didn't have control over their albums, and needed him to get away from whomever is in control? What does he mean?

forslayage

Don't understand why he's talking about "pop stars" being prisoners when he starred in Lana Del Rey's music video and showed up at the premiere. He clearly liked working with her. What's the difference? A female artist with a massive following. 

FJM wyd..

drinkmytears
16 minutes ago, Oivind said:

I didn't respond because of the headline, I responded because of this:

"But why do you think that Lady Gaga or BeyoncĂ© would come to old Uncle Jerry over here for songs if they weren’t looking for something? If they weren’t like, “Get me away from these ****ing psychos.” Both of them know I’m not running around looking for these gigs."

Who are the "****ing psychos" Lady Gaga wants to get away from? The "****ing psychos" who decided to let her work with Mark Ronson, Bloodpop, Beck, Kevin Parker, Florence Welch etc.? Father John Misty contributed on a Lady Gaga album and a Beyonce album which both would have been amazing without him. Is he saying they're not? Is he saying that Lady Gaga and Beyonce didn't have control over their albums, and needed him to get away from whomever is in control? What does he mean?

I think he means Gaga (don't have much to say about Beyoncé as I think she really is just a product) went to him as an outlet from all the producers her label wanted her to work with.

i think he is saying he is the producer real artists want to work with 

drinkmytears
2 minutes ago, forslayage said:

Don't understand why he's talking about "pop stars" being prisoners when he starred in Lana Del Rey's music video and showed up at the premiere. He clearly liked working with her. What's the difference? A female artist with a massive following. 

FJM wyd..

Lana is hardly a pop star. She never does promo, her music isn't radio friendly, and her schedule doesn't cater to mainstream music. Being female and having a large gay following doesn't make you a popstar

Erlenmeyer
On 3/19/2017 at 5:18 AM, AlexanderMagno said:

He's not exactly shading Gaga right? He's stating that she is, nevertheless, a pop star, and at the same time eager for something new in her music.

His beef is definitely with the music industry, the same thing she had a problem with during ARTPOP. But damn he has a pretentious way of speaking, homeboy needs to chill.

12 hours ago, drinkmytears said:

I think he means Gaga (don't have much to say about Beyoncé as I think she really is just a product) went to him as an outlet from all the producers her label wanted her to work with.

i think he is saying he is the producer real artists want to work with 

I doubt Beyonce is just a product. I'm not a big fan of hers, but Lemonade seems to be the kind of album which has a coherent idea behind it, and is not just a collection of hits. If Beyonce is not behind this idea, who is? If Lemonade was made by people just trying to sell, I think it would have more hits instead.

drinkmytears
47 minutes ago, Oivind said:

I doubt Beyonce is just a product. I'm not a big fan of hers, but Lemonade seems to be the kind of album which has a coherent idea behind it, and is not just a collection of hits. If Beyonce is not behind this idea, who is? If Lemonade was made by people just trying to sell, I think it would have more hits instead.

Lemonade is a product of hundreds of writers and producers that work in a writing camp. I'm on mobile, but one writer told a story to Genius on YouTube about being in a writing camp and writing a song about her issues with the label, and now Beyoncé sings it and it's "about Jay Z"

5 minutes ago, drinkmytears said:

Lemonade is a product of hundreds of writers and producers that work in a writing camp. I'm on mobile, but one writer told a story to Genius on YouTube about being in a writing camp and writing a song about her issues with the label, and now Beyoncé sings it and it's "about Jay Z"

There is still some director behind all of it. According to what one of the writers (Jonny Coffer) told Rolling Stone, Beyonce was involved at all stages and ran the show.

Archived