interview

Father John Misty says he has no interest working with "pop stars"

monketsharona

Featured Posts

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PopBitch

I don't always agree with everything he says in interviews or on twitter, but he is the most interesting artist out there for saying whatever he feels.  He cracks me up often. 

fede ARTPOP

Who cares...Sinners Prayer is a sht song anyways...I expected SO MUCH more for that title. :giveup:

🖤 C H R O M A T I C A 🖤

Princess Stache
On 3/19/2017 at 5:10 AM, heavymetall0v3r said:

THIS MAKES NO SENSE EITHER LIKE WTF IS HE TALKING ABOUT

USE ENGLISH

Lmfao he sounds like one of the cracked-out homeless people in the park.

Jaume

So.. along with the first 2 singles, CTM and SP are my fave songs off the album.

It's not like she's insulting Gaga directly but his statement doesn't put her in a good place. He could've said Gaga and Beyonce were some raw real talented artists but he said nothing. 

TheGagaOfItAll

points I'd like to make

1-Pop culture revolves and incorporates and strengthens capitalism, which if you care about looking at things via class, Father John Misty would know that he participated in capitalism by writing songs alongside with them. He's a hypocrite.

2-Father John Misty needs to go back to being the voiceless drummer of Fleet Foxes of all mediocre indie bands to exist and stop calling himself "Uncle Jerry" which is grossly unsettling/misogynistic and stop speaking over/about women's experiences in exploitation n the pop culture/popular music industry. This isn't his place, and his approach is throwing these women, particularly Beyonce and Lady Gaga, under the bus as being "Neo-Orientalist," which is a dirty label to push on a WOMAN OF COLOR, whose existence, music and sense of identity is developed from an extremely complicated system of imperialism and colonialism and anti-blackness.  

3-If you don't think Gaga's music isn't even SOME TYPE of commentary on the ridiculousness of being a pop star, then you're a shallow loser (in reference to FJM).

The only Honey Bear worth loving is Gaga. Not Father John Misty who is doing pointless dragging using terms of the study of contemporary critical theory they don't actually know how to use.  :classy:

Nobody's gonna heal me if I don't open the door

Archived