đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Father John Misty says he has no interest working with "pop stars"

monketsharona

Featured Posts

12 minutes ago, Bradley Cooper said:

This fanbase is so volatile. Whoever that hates Gaga = bad. whoever that likes Gaga = good. Not to mention FJM didn't even say that he didn't like Gaga, he just has no interest in making pop music.

Form your independent opinion, this is embarrassing.

He seems to say she's just a slave crying for help, though. Of course her fans are going to be offended by that. Her (perceived) independence is a large part of what makes people fans.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monketsharona
4 minutes ago, Oivind said:

He's overthinking this. I think Gaga just like his music and wanted to collaborate with him. It's not a scream for help. I believe Lars Ulrich of Metallica: She makes her own choices, as she did when she decided to sing with them. ARTPOP, C2C and Joanne are also strong indications that she's not the slave to the industry Father John Misty seems to think. None of those albums are really mainstream. ARTPOP is too EDM, C2C is jazz and Joanne is too rock/pop. If she was just a slave to the record company, I think she would have made safer choices.

Not sure of it I think MArk Ronson said that it was Interscope decision to bring FJM, Hillary Lindsey and BloodPop.

Bradley
4 minutes ago, Oivind said:

He seems to say she's just a slave crying for help, though. Of course her fans are going to be offended by that. Her (perceived) independence is a large part of what makes people fans.

He did not say that. He was just saying that pop stars in general are occasionally dissatisfied with how they have to conform to generic standards in order to 'sell', and they are prisoners of some sort. I actually think that his statement insinuated Beyonce and Gaga to be artists of higher artistic integrity and who chose not to stay complacent with their 'pop style' and therefore ventured for something different.

gagzus

So he basically collaborated with Gaga to get some attention đź’€ Sad, but I kinda knew this anyway.

Hooefully this is the first step in her realising her "authentic collaborators" ain't better than her EDM collaborators 

Bradley
1 minute ago, gagzus said:

So he basically collaborated with Gaga to get some attention đź’€ Sad, but I kinda knew this anyway.

Hooefully this is the first step in her realising her "authentic collaborators" ain't better than her EDM collaborators 

LMAO that is the last thing he wants, attention.

doppelganger
6 minutes ago, Oivind said:

Gaga's ultimately a pop act. What I respect about Gaga is her ability to manoeuvre the business and still remain creatively independent. But let's not think that the machinery of pop music doesn't apply to Gaga. She herself has admitted that there is huge need pressure from her superiors to make a certain type of music. 

It's this give and take that i believe produces the best kind of pop music. 

gagzus
Just now, Bradley Cooper said:

LMAO that is the last thing he wants, attention.

He literally collaborated with one of the biggest female popstars and not just that an ALBUM artist on an ALBUM track. Then realeased his demo on purpose when the song was getting praise and because she didn't scream from the roof that he wrote it

Bradley
Just now, doppelganger said:

Gaga's ultimately a pop act. What I respect about Gaga is her ability to manoeuvre the business and still remain creatively independent. But let's not think that the machinery of pop music doesn't apply to Gaga. She herself has admitted that there is huge need pressure from her superiors to make a certain type of music

I applaud her for that. I think Bloodpop's job was to apply a pop flavour into the songs she made with Mark and Hillary and FJM. It's a hybrid of both worlds and Gaga did well with Joanne.

Bradley
1 minute ago, Yanko said:

i just want godone back :giveup:   he has never talked smack behind her back  

Neither did FJM. Lol.

Yanko
Just now, Bradley Cooper said:

Neither did FJM. Lol.

oh u stan for him as well? cute haha :)   

Gypsy Life

You can tell he tries too hard to sound smart and edgy but his rambling has 0 substance. 

Bradley
Just now, gagzus said:

He literally collaborated with one of the biggest female popstars and not just that an ALBUM artist on an ALBUM track. Then realeased his demo on purpose when the song was getting praise and because she didn't scream from the roof that he wrote it

So RedOne, DJWS, Mark ronson, Hillary Lindsey, Fernando Garibay, Zedd are all attention-seekers I see. :rip:

monketsharona
1 minute ago, gagzus said:

People are kinda blind to see all the things she said about her new team (the most authentic, fun and so on) was just a promo stunt. She literally say this each time she releases an album...

Nothing wrong in this of course, but at the end I don't think we should take her statements very seriously. Mark my words her new team on next album will also be the most authentic and the best she will ever have :trollga:

Archived