💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

The Pussycat Dolls Turned Down the Lady Gaga Song ‘Just Dance

Jorge Gonzalez Varela

Featured Posts

freebit

I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. I remember Gaga saying she was often frustrated while making The Fame because people kept trying to poach her songs for other acts.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PerfectIllusion

Im so happy that Gaga writes for herself now, not for some lazy "artists" :whitney:

gagzus

But this contradicts what Gaga said like in 2008/09, that she wrote it in 10 minutes during her first album session with Nadir and the second Troy heard it he was like "omg this is it"

McMonster08

Hmm I mean it should have been brought up in Gaga's interviews back then,

like how Telephone for Britney was being brought up every interview about the song

:oprah:

Why would Gagz want to give away Just Dance to another artist? I know she wrote songs for other artists, but I can't imagine Jush Dance being given away like that, it's meant for Gaga. 

The Fame Joanne

But didn't Gaga say she was given one shot to get a hit for her own career and then wrote Just Dance which smashed?

JustYouandI
5 hours ago, gagzus said:

But this contradicts what Gaga said like in 2008/09, that she wrote it in 10 minutes during her first album session with Nadir and the second Troy heard it he was like "omg this is it"

Not really. She could have still written in ten minutes with redone and then when it was presented to the heads of the label, they could have pushed it towards PCD. Maybe it was intended to be Gaga's, then the label pushed towards PCD.

JustYouandI
1 hour ago, MarinaDelMar said:

Why would Gagz want to give away Just Dance to another artist? I know she wrote songs for other artists, but I can't imagine Jush Dance being given away like that, it's meant for Gaga. 

Want is they key word. She didnt want to give it away. She has talked countless times about how her label wanted her to write for others and wouldnt give her the chance to put her face to her music.

XMonsterMonster

I think it's true, and It was announced years ago by them. Does anyone remember it? 

Noah X

Wow. If they said yes Gaga would not exist at the magnitude she does today...

Scary to think about.

Economy
On 2017-03-19 at 2:31 AM, TimisaMonster said:

What a HUUUUGE missed opportunity...I guess you never really know which song will be a hit or not...

some songs are made in hopes they are....they flop

some songs are made and not with any special attention...massive hit

:duck:

Theres really no way to know how well the single would have done had it been sung or performed by someone else

soixont

I doubt Just Dance would have been as huge for PCD as for Gaga. They wouldn't be able to pull it off.

A King With No Crown

RAMROD
On 3/19/2017 at 6:08 PM, PerfectIllusion said:

Im so happy that Gaga writes for herself now, not for some lazy "artists" 

TBH, it seems like a pattern to me in showbiz, most up and coming artists who can write, were starting it as song writers before their labels give green light for them to launch their own career. Gaga is incredibly lucky + had good timing with launching hers, cos she could have experience a bitter ones like what Bonnie McKee have for example. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived