opinion

A-YO should have been the lead single

shmal96

Featured Posts

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trepadation

Image the meltdowns if ayo was the lead single. Don't forget we were melting over joanne being a country album and it's not the pop/disco song we waited 3 years for and gp wouldn't be here for it too.

The Z
8 minutes ago, Trepadation said:

Image the meltdowns if ayo was the lead single. Don't forget we were melting over joanne being a country album and it's not the pop/disco song we waited 3 years for and gp wouldn't be here for it too.

Y'all would have loved A-YO more than PI if it was the lead... The hype would have been bigger, the success too.

Trepadation
2 minutes ago, kevindjibouti said:

Y'all would have loved A-YO more than PI if it was the lead... The hype would have been bigger, the success too.

:sure:

xoxo cupcakke

I dunno... seems to me some of you guys would have an even greater meltdown than you did with PI...

Would've been great for the GP but if the serious fans didn't like it, they would have a meltdown that would ultimately affect the success of the single and the outreach of the single. I can see the headlines:

• "Lady Gaga disappoints fans with new country single"
• "Lady Gaga rips off Taylor Swift in 'Shake It Off' like lead"
• "Lady Gaga selling out in new Mark Ronson produced single"
• "Lady Gaga is officially over, lead single 'A-YO' flops"

Honestly, it's a great song for a single, but as a lead... I know I eventually came to like A-YO, but many of you out there still cringe at it and abhor the thought of it becoming a single. The only way you wouldn't hate it would be if Gaga dropped the video the same day and ended up regularly promoting it instead of doing radio interviews, and even then, many of you would be having a meltdown and burning your stan cards if the video didn't automatically blow up on YouTube

Not sure if Joanne had any proper leads, but I'm wholeheartedly glad Perfect Illusion was chosen because at least Gaga got to release something that showcased her artistic integrity, even in the face of high fan and career expectations

Drin Lon
4 hours ago, GagaXCupcakke said:

If you are looking for commercial success she should of waited 6 months and released the album the day before the super bowl.  With Million Reasons as the first single. 

This ^

But Million Reasons would have done great as the lead even without the SB

Drin Lon
25 minutes ago, CowSiss said:

I dunno... seems to me some of you guys would have an even greater meltdown than you did with PI...

Would've been great for the GP but if the serious fans didn't like it, they would have a meltdown that would ultimately affect the success of the single and the outreach of the single. I can see the headlines:

• "Lady Gaga disappoints fans with new country single"
• "Lady Gaga rips off Taylor Swift in 'Shake It Off' like lead"
• "Lady Gaga selling out in new Mark Ronson produced single"
• "Lady Gaga is officially over, lead single 'A-YO' flops"

Honestly, it's a great song for a single, but as a lead... I know I eventually came to like A-YO, but many of you out there still cringe at it and abhor the thought of it becoming a single. The only way you wouldn't hate it would be if Gaga dropped the video the same day and ended up regularly promoting it instead of doing radio interviews, and even then, many of you would be having a meltdown and burning your stan cards if the video didn't automatically blow up on YouTube

Not sure if Joanne had any proper leads, but I'm wholeheartedly glad Perfect Illusion was chosen because at least Gaga got to release something that showcased her artistic integrity, even in the face of high fan and career expectations

The navy hated Work....

....it went #1

xoxo cupcakke
2 minutes ago, Drin Lon said:

The navy hated Work....

....it went #1

I'm not sure what navy you're talking about...

...almost everyone and their mothers loved Work...

...FourFiveSeconds is a different story

Drin Lon
Just now, CowSiss said:

We must be talking about two different navys then :reductive:

:poot:

I loved FourFiveSeconds btw 

GagzDonkeyD
3 hours ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

Agree. But only if she got rid of the "City gravy southern line" and maybe had another 40 seconds or so of actual song and not just an outro with random grunts.

Also, I strongly believe DH would've been a good first single too. Its so catchy and effectively (and pleasantly) blends the rock vibe that PI does unsuccessfully.  PI definitely should not have been the first single. Kinda baffling that it was selected, actually. 

my fav part of the song :nails:

GagzDonkeyD
9 minutes ago, CowSiss said:

FourFiveSeconds is a masterpiece :nails:

QueenGaga

Forget this. Just imagine all the meltodowns if the lead was A-YO, a complete country song :poot:

SilkSpectre0
13 hours ago, Jorge Gonzalez Varela said:

AYO is very irritating, and it's  MANiCURE  2.0. Joanne's songs do not have the potential to be successful because again t's not a commercial album, Gaga made a personal album again.

For her new album (LG6), I hope now she thinks about her fans, and gives us what we have asked since 2013, a 100% POP / DANCE and innovative album.

No more experimental or personal albums, she must return to doing what she knows perfectly, great music like The Fame Monster or Born This Way.

She needs to be innovative without being experimental? and not draw on any personal experience? You don't ask for much do you ? :awkney: 

MJHolland

I like PI more but yeah I kinda agree 

A-YO is also a much better representation of the rest of the album, making it a more fitting lead imo

Archived