Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

A-YO should have been the lead single

shmal96

Featured Posts

Arizona Sky

No it should not have. And it shouldn't be a single period. It would bomb hard, I don't get the hype. Radios would never play it in a million years!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EmiRivington

I kind of understand what you are saying. I love A-YO. After the James Corden co hosting gig I couldn't get it out of my head. I also love PI tho and probably a little more than A-YO. However, it does sound somewhat alike to Shake it Off. I don't mean to be disrespectful to Gaga but you know... I really can't believe no one at Interscope brought it up. Or maybe they did and that's why it wasn't the lead single. 

On another note, I'm still disgusted by the poor treatment PI got. It's never a bad time to say that. 

i think u freaky but you don't have a hit

Irrelevant

Million Reasons should've been the first single, followed by DIC :whitney:

Spoiler

1. MR

2. DIC

3. PI

4. A-Yo

5. HG

6. AD

Spoiler

this would be perfect tbh :poot::sure:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Azelf550
2 minutes ago, redhoodieslime said:

Million Reasons should've been the first single, followed by DIC :whitney:

Hide contents

1. MR

2. DIC

3. PI

4. A-Yo

5. HG

6. AD

Hide contents

this would be perfect tbh :poot::sure:

Six singles? :madge:

Irrelevant
Just now, Azelf550 said:

Six singles? :madge:

anything wrong with that? :oprah: Born This Way technically had six incl. promo singles, and they all charted in the top 30 :lolly:

But tbh the last two can flop and be non existent for all I know :lolly:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Jorge Gonzalez Varela

AYO is very irritating, and it's  MANiCURE  2.0. Joanne's songs do not have the potential to be successful because again t's not a commercial album, Gaga made a personal album again.

For her new album (LG6), I hope now she thinks about her fans, and gives us what we have asked since 2013, a 100% POP / DANCE and innovative album.

No more experimental or personal albums, she must return to doing what she knows perfectly, great music like The Fame Monster or Born This Way.

Here's to our brand new start, I won't be waiting for nothing. I'll mend the broken parts. Pick up the pieces,

Lextyr97
20 minutes ago, EmiRivington said:

I kind of understand what you are saying. I love A-YO. After the James Corden co hosting gig I couldn't get it out of my head. I also love PI tho and probably a little more than A-YO. However, it does sound somewhat alike to Shake it Off. I don't mean to be disrespectful to Gaga but you know... I really can't believe no one at Interscope brought it up. Or maybe they did and that's why it wasn't the lead single. 

On another note, I'm still disgusted by the poor treatment PI got. It's never a bad time to say that. 

I remember someone saying that when they were at the listening party and then I heard the song at the divebar.... Nothing alike at all.

GagaXCupcakke

If you are looking for commercial success she should of waited 6 months and released the album the day before the super bowl.  With Million Reasons as the first single. 

RadioIsOurs
57 minutes ago, shmal96 said:

I'm over A-YO too, just thinking of what could have been :rockstar: And i'm SO here for a Hey Girl single 

I don't think Hey Girl is really radio friendly rn...

TropicOfCANCER

Agree. But only if she got rid of the "City gravy southern line" and maybe had another 40 seconds or so of actual song and not just an outro with random grunts.

Also, I strongly believe DH would've been a good first single too. Its so catchy and effectively (and pleasantly) blends the rock vibe that PI does unsuccessfully.  PI definitely should not have been the first single. Kinda baffling that it was selected, actually. 

TropicOfCANCER
56 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

I remember someone saying that when they were at the listening party and then I heard the song at the divebar.... Nothing alike at all.

This. Someone did make this comparison before we heard i but I don't really hear it.

EGOT2027

I couldn't agree more. It would've become Gaga's Uptown Funk. I would bet my life on it. 

1. A-YO

2. Million Reasons

3. John Wayne

4. Diamond Heart

5. Joanne (only if single #4 did well)

I was actually thinking the other day about the Ed S approach...releasing two lead singles and sending whichever does better to radio. It would've been really interesting for Gaga to pick a song and Interscope to pick one and watch that play out. 

Archived