💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

A-YO should have been the lead single

shmal96

Featured Posts

shmal96

I love PI so much it's an amazing song and could have done SO much better if it had proper promotion :nails:, but looking back I feel like A-YO would have been the better choice for a lead single for the Joanne Era. For one, it's has a much more GP-friendly sound than PI, it's catchy, and the vocals and production are very smooth and snappy. It also fits more in line with what the 'Joanne' sound is I feel (a funky rock, country/pop vibe).

Spoiler

And A-YO was promoted more than PI ever was :emma:

What do you think? Obviously hindsight is always 20/20 and you can never know for sure how things would have turned out if something was done differently in the past(a gift some people here seem to think they have :gaycat:), but I think A-YO as the lead for the Joanne Era would have done pretty amazing, from a charts/GP point of view. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kermit

17392817_1769190580065806_800163845_n.jp...

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

AnglerfishbraBENUS

I think Perfect Illusion's subject matter is more Joanne for me than A-YO so honestly it could have been either.  

A-YO is done tho honestly.  I'm waiting for her to announce Hey Girl

sillynate

I agree. :golfclap: it's a very Mark-Ronsony track. PI could never, with all its synths. 

stir the pot

I think that we should no longer discuss this. PI already happened as a lead single, A-YO a promo single. Period.

Spoiler

I agree tho. :giggle:

Kermit

I mean, PI was a perfect lead. It just didn't settle well with select few. 

A-YO could have been a good sophomore single, although. 

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Decodekid

imo 

A-Yo has single potential but not lead :awkney:

actually, i think no other song on Joanne would fit as a lead, PI was the perfect choice even tho it didn't chart well.

Im Harol don't tell anyone

shmal96
4 minutes ago, whipopotamus said:

A-YO is done tho honestly.  I'm waiting for her to announce Hey Girl

3 minutes ago, Algorithm said:

I think that we should no longer discuss this. PI already happened as a lead single, A-YO a promo single. Period.

I'm over A-YO too, just thinking of what could have been :rockstar: And i'm SO here for a Hey Girl single 

Reality

Lowkey agree. 

I love Perfect Illusion as well, and it's definitely one of her most underrated songs, but I feel like A-YO not only is more GP friendly, but it captures the feel of Joanne more than PI does, in my opinion. It's also a very "Mark Ronson" track, like, you could clearly tell that Mark had an influence, and produced the song, which I think would be a good thing, considering how much she talked about having Mark in the studio working with her.

Also, maybe this is just me, but I got a sense that Gaga wasn't into having PI as the lead that much, I mean, she didn't promote it nearly as much as she needed to, and she just didn't seem really enthusiatic about it during interviews. Plus, we all know that A-YO's one of her favorite songs, so I feel like if A-YO were the lead, it would have gotten better promo compared to PI.

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

stir the pot
1 minute ago, shmal96 said:

I'm over A-YO too, just thinking of what could have been :rockstar: And i'm SO here for a Hey Girl single 

Yasssss! What do we need to do to make this happen?!!!! HG is perfection!! :excited2::excited2::excited2:

Hey Girl :excited2:Please Gaga!!! 

yes and

YEEEEEEEES
It would be a smash hit as the lead single :giveup::giveup::giveup::giveup:

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

ItWasntLaauv

Success and chart-wise, absolutely yes!!

All the people I know who listened to Joanne (who aren't Little Monsters and would def be considered very GP) said that A-YO and MR were their favorite tracks off of the album. It's such an ear worm of a song and it could've had so much potential if it was released as the lead.

Don't get me wrong, PI is absolutely incredible and epic and I LOOOOOOOOOVE that she released it as a lead (my GGD profile name is proof of that), but if it was mainstream success that she was looking for (I don't think she had that in mind tho tbh), it should've been A-YO.

tumblr_ofjo48SI8n1tl1wfio1_500.gif

monsterdino

my exact thoughts, Perfect Illusion was not a good presenter of what the album will sound like at all

Phlop

A-YO should've been the lead. 

1. A-YO

2. Million Reasons

3. Dancin' In Circles

4. Joanne

Id throw Hey Girl before Joanne if we really needed another single just because it's the only feature.  John Wayne, Perfect Illusion and Diamond Heart should've been promo singles with videos.

BYE

Archived