Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Kylie Minogue's 50 Best Songs: RESULTS + PLAYLIST

YeehawKylie

Featured Posts

Gia Gunn
Just now, IndieKylie said:

Girlllllll, it's so good. I might even prefer the Abbey Road Sessions version to the original studio...

Later you will know if I changed my mind or not :lolly: 

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YeehawKylie

07. Illusion

Stripped down solely to the contributions of Kylie and producer Stuart Price, Illusion remains the best track of Aphrodite and the best release from Kylie so far this decade. ‘I’m surrounded in confusion, and I’m lost in this illusion,” rings the chorus and some of her most relatable lyrics. This song is so different from the rest on its album and a lot of Kylie’s recent work, because it’s very personal and relatable on a not-so-happy level. Kylie should write a few more songs on the darker side, because she has a knack for them. ‘Follow my dreams into distant lands, blowing in the winds over shifting sands,’ she sings during the bridge. I say this time and time again, because it is rarely acknowledge: Kylie Minogue is an incredibly talented songwriter. This song only nails home that she’s more than a chart vehicle, but a fully rounded musician.

tumblr_m4yh9sGb6L1r0jd3uo1_500.gif

Listen here

Previous: #8 Where The Wild Roses Grow

Gia Gunn
1 minute ago, IndieKylie said:

07. Illusion

Stripped down solely to the contributions of Kylie and producer Stuart Price, Illusion remains the best track of Aphrodite and the best release from Kylie so far this decade. ‘I’m surrounded in confusion, and I’m lost in this illusion,” rings the chorus and some of her most relatable lyrics. This song is so different from the rest on its album and a lot of Kylie’s recent work, because it’s very personal and relatable on a not-so-happy level. Kylie should write a few more songs on the darker side, because she has a knack for them. ‘Follow my dreams into distant lands, blowing in the winds over shifting sands,’ she sings during the bridge. I say this time and time again, because it is rarely acknowledge: Kylie Minogue is an incredibly talented songwriter. This song only nails home that she’s more than a chart vehicle, but a fully rounded musician.

tumblr_m4yh9sGb6L1r0jd3uo1_500.gif

Listen here

Previous: #8 Where The Wild Roses Grow

@jujubae just came :air: 

YeehawKylie
2 minutes ago, Gia Gunn said:

@jujubae just came :air: 

He should've seen this coming, as he's seen my submission for the Aphrodite megarate. :lolga:

Vision of Love

i thought i was completely gay before the Sexercize video had me dancing in circles :sweat:

YeehawKylie

06. Better the Devil You Know

The best song from her four-record contract with PWL, and lead single to Rhythm of Love, Better the Devil You Know was the first step in getting us the Kylie we know and love today, and it was a big step at that. ‘Say you won’t leave me no more,’ Kylie demands as she reasons with hanging onto a (possibly less-than-good) lover because, well, ‘better the devil you know’ than what you don’t. It marked the first step Kylie (and her label) took toward addressing her sexuality. The iconic, sexy video only further took Kylie from teen-audience to adult in a mature, healthy way. It remains one of her best singles, and songs, and I love that it helped deliver the woman Kylie is today. 

tumblr_lwh5hcWbZk1qggfapo1_500.gif

Listen here

Previous: #7 Illusion

YeehawKylie

05. The One

I’m the one, love me, love me, love me,’ Kylie begs during the chorus to this incredible song. The best single Kylie has released in the last ten years, The One barely impacted the charts but it lifted the quality of X with its electrifying synths and forward lyrics. One of the best songs surrounding unrequited love, Kylie begs the object of her affection to love her, but screw him, the whole lot of us are in love with her after this song.

3U8Rbid.gif

Listen here

Previous: #6 Better The Devil You Know

YeehawKylie

04. I Believe In You

Underlined by a pulsing analogue bassline and kick drum combo, I Believe In You presents an incredible trio of talent with Kylie, Jake Shears, and Babyface. While the chorus is (perfectly) simple, lyrical depth inhabits the verses. ‘I don’t believe that when you die your presence isn’t felt,” is a specific line that always draws me further in. I Believe In You does not often get credit as being one of the best Kylie tracks, so I’m making it clear by placing it rightfully at number four.

tumblr_lxo3i6KQRo1qggfapo1_500.gif

Listen here

Previous: #5 The One

Gia Gunn
Just now, IndieKylie said:

Three songs left...:giveup:

I know CGYOOMH is like ha Bad Romance but it shouldn't be top #3 and it's impossible for it not to be in the list at all :madge: My guess:

#3 CGYOOMH

#2 In Your Eyes

#1 Confide In Me

YeehawKylie

03. In Your Eyes

I want to make it with you,’ echoes throughout the song. The synth pulses and Kylie makes our own pulses race. The chorus is orgasmic—yes, orgasmic. A song that often gets overshadowed by Can’t Get You Out of My Head, Come Into My World, or Love At First SightIn Your Eyes stands out and sits firmly at number three on a list of her career best.

tumblr_nf4roezuEl1tdy5pro1_500.gif

Listen here

Previous: #4 I Believe In You

Archived