Jump to content
Joanne World Tour
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
opinion

Kylie Minogue's 50 Best Songs: RESULTS + PLAYLIST

Featured Posts

IndieKylie   Paws Up 7,185
IndieKylie
4 minutes ago, jujubae said:

Ok... Chocolate and Get Outta My Way not in the Top 10? :oprah: I'm percht now.

The top 10 is really good, I promise. :giveup:

I expect lots of complaints about what aren't in the Top 10, but don't expect any for what are in the Top 10...

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
 that juju   Paws Up 16,480
that juju
1 minute ago, IndieKylie said:

The top 10 is really good, I promise. :giveup:

I expect lots of complaints about what aren't in the Top 10, but don't expect any for what are in the Top 10...

As long as Can't Get You Out Of My Head isn't #1 :awkney: 

It's cute, but far from her best. :awkney: 

  • Like 2
[ look at them dirty rich girls look at them dirty rich boys ]

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gia Gunn   Paws Up 7,139
Gia Gunn

I want Dreams, Confide In Me, Red Blooded Woman in the top 10 :green: and Your Disco Needs You which already left :giveup: and Closer but that one never had a chance :giveup: 

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
 that juju   Paws Up 16,480
that juju
Just now, Gia Gunn said:

I want Dreams, Confide In Me, Red Blooded Woman in the top 10 :green: and Your Disco Needs You which already left :giveup: and Closer but that one never had a chance :giveup: 

Red Blooded Woman better come THRU :lolly: 

  • Like 2
[ look at them dirty rich girls look at them dirty rich boys ]

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
IndieKylie   Paws Up 7,185
IndieKylie

16. Cowboy Style

Shed my skin once you came in, where do you end and I begin?’ Kylie asks. Hot. As. Hell. This is where people misunderstand Kylie, yes she provides some of the best in pop music, but she is an incredibly talented lyricist. This song shows the best of Kylie’s songwriting skills and shows how truly brilliant she can be when left to her own devices.

banner-cowboy.jpg?w=480&h=245

Listen here

Previous: #17 Breathe

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gia Gunn   Paws Up 7,139
Gia Gunn
1 minute ago, jujubae said:

Red Blooded Woman better come THRU :lolly: 

I want to die listening to that song tbh :lolly: 

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
 that juju   Paws Up 16,480
that juju
2 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

16. Cowboy Style

Shed my skin once you came in, where do you end and I begin?’ Kylie asks. Hot. As. Hell. This is where people misunderstand Kylie, yes she provides some of the best in pop music, but she is an incredibly talented lyricist. This song shows the best of Kylie’s songwriting skills and shows how truly brilliant she can be when left to her own devices.

banner-cowboy.jpg?w=480&h=245

Listen here

Previous: #17 Breathe

I'm ok with this placement :lolly: a great solid song.

  • Like 1
[ look at them dirty rich girls look at them dirty rich boys ]

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
IndieKylie   Paws Up 7,185
IndieKylie

15. Put Yourself In My Place

From the self-titled (full name) album, Put Yourself In My Place is a career best and a personal favorite. I think this is the first time we really hear Kylie belt out a chorus, with good reason, and I credit it with solidifying the newfound respect the former girl next door received. Side note: this video is easily among her top 5 best (and gets paid total dust).

tumblr_lx5ishpsRJ1qggfapo1_500.gif

Listen here

Previous: #16 Cowboy Style

Edited by IndieKylie
  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
IndieKylie   Paws Up 7,185
IndieKylie

14. On a Night Like This

The strongest single of an already strong set from Light Years, On a Night Like This represents the best of Disco Kylie. Understated and pulsing, the song is a pleasure to listen to over and over and never quite wears out its welcome. The song is a perfect addition to early 2000s pop music and possibly influenced this era of pop. It always warms my heart knowing this was performed at the 2000 Sydney Olympics (sle Ms. Minogue, sle).

tumblr_m142funSPz1rrio3oo1_500.gif

Listen here

Previously: #15 Put Yourself In My Place

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gia Gunn   Paws Up 7,139
Gia Gunn
Just now, IndieKylie said:

14. On a Night Like This

The strongest single of an already strong set from Light Years, On a Night Like This represents the best of Disco Kylie. Understated and pulsing, the song is a pleasure to listen to over and over and never quite wears out its welcome. The song is a perfect addition to early 2000s pop music and possibly influenced this era of pop. It always warms my heart knowing this was performed at the 2000 Sydney Olympics (sle Ms. Minogue, sle).

tumblr_m142funSPz1rrio3oo1_500.gif

Listen here

Previously: #15 Put Yourself In My Place

Yaaaaaassss I didn't mention it before but it's one of my faves as well :giveup: 

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
IndieKylie   Paws Up 7,185
IndieKylie

13. Into the Blue

If All the Lovers was an anthem to finding the one, Into the Blue is an anthem to embracing single-life. And, let’s be honest, there are not enough of these anthems. This song has a double-chorus, which gives me life. “When I got my back up against the wall, don’t need no one to rescue me, cause I ain’t staying up for nor miracle, cause tonight I’m running free…into the blue,” she sings, transitioning from chorus to chorus. Her vocals are strong (and those strings in the production are incredible) and it was probably the best single of 2014, and you can fight me on that.  

ctrl-7.gif

Listen here

Previous: #14 On a Night Like This

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
IndieKylie   Paws Up 7,185
IndieKylie

Any guesses on what will land at #11 and #12 and just barely miss the Top 10? I'll admit, they were so close and I actually wish I could put both in the Top 10...but there was just no room. :giveup:

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gia Gunn   Paws Up 7,139
Gia Gunn
1 minute ago, IndieKylie said:

13. Into the Blue

If All the Lovers was an anthem to finding the one, Into the Blue is an anthem to embracing single-life. And, let’s be honest, there are not enough of these anthems. This song has a double-chorus, which gives me life. “When I got my back up against the wall, don’t need no one to rescue me, cause I ain’t staying up for nor miracle, cause tonight I’m running free…into the blue,” she sings, transitioning from chorus to chorus. Her vocals are strong (and those strings in the production are incredible) and it was probably the best single of 2014, and you can fight me on that.  

ctrl-7.gif

Listen here

Previous: #14 On a Night Like This

I'll admit I'm not too fond of Kiss Me Once as a whole when I compare it to her other albums but Into the Blue is definitly one of the strongest tracks, and you made me play it right now :giveup: 

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gia Gunn   Paws Up 7,139
Gia Gunn
Just now, IndieKylie said:

Any guesses on what will land at #11 and #12 and just barely miss the Top 10? I'll admit, they were so close and I actually wish I could put both in the Top 10...but there was just no room. :giveup:

Red Blooded Woman better be top 10 sis :green: 

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
 that juju   Paws Up 16,480
that juju
1 minute ago, IndieKylie said:

Any guesses on what will land at #11 and #12 and just barely miss the Top 10? I'll admit, they were so close and I actually wish I could put both in the Top 10...but there was just no room. :giveup:

Illusion :madge: 

And perhaps The One?

[ look at them dirty rich girls look at them dirty rich boys ]

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×