Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Kylie Minogue's 50 Best Songs: RESULTS + PLAYLIST

YeehawKylie

Featured Posts

YeehawKylie
3 minutes ago, Gia Gunn said:

I want to say that I love your comments, in megarates when I do write comments they end up like sentences written by 5 year olds :air: This was truly enjoyable :hug: 

Thanks. :hug: I appreciate it cause the writing took me the longest. I have a PHD in Kylie Minogue though, so it's easy. Any other artist, even some I truly stan for, I'd be writing total drivel. :sweat:

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gia Gunn
Just now, IndieKylie said:

It's been my favorite of hers since it came out, and I really do think it's her best. I did mention I loved Body Language...:gaysia:

Slow, Red Blooded Woman and Chocolate are SO hot :lolly: 

YeehawKylie
3 minutes ago, Gia Gunn said:

Slow, Red Blooded Woman and Chocolate are SO hot :lolly: 

And Cruise Control...why was it a bonus track sis? :giveup:

Gia Gunn

And Cruise Control...why was it a bonus track sis? :giveup:

TRUUU :lolly: and I love Secret (Take You Home) as well :lolly: 

YeehawKylie
4 minutes ago, Gia Gunn said:

TRUUU :lolly: and I love Secret (Take You Home) as well :lolly: 

Thanks for being here for the reveals. :diane:

You and @jujubae and Xtine, and LittleMonster5 among others have made this countdown sooooo much fun. :diane::diane::diane:

Gia Gunn

Thanks for being here for the reveals. :diane:

You and @jujubae and Xtine, and LittleMonster5 among others have made this countdown sooooo much fun. :diane::diane::diane:

Thank you for increasing the Kylie promo in this forum! We sure need them Kylie stans :diane: 

YeehawKylie
4 minutes ago, XtiNe said:

So how did CGUOOMH fare?

So, under different criteria it would've scored quite high. It's a good pop song, has a great video, and of course is Kylie's signature song. But if you step back and look at her whole careers worth of songs more objectively, it doesn't quite match up. She's done the formula before, but better (on Fever alone she has) and in comparison to much of her career, it ranks in the middle of her work. It doesn't mean it's bad at all. Let's say numerically it ranks either at #61 or #62, but other songs in her catalog have furthered her career or pushed boundaries or challenged Kylie as an artist moreso than CGYOMH. I love it though, I definitely don't want people to think I hate it. Not even close...:whitney:

juju

OK so a lot of my favorites made the Top 10! 

Come Into My World!!

Illusion!!!!

The One!!!!!

SLOW!!!!

But Like a Drug was paid dust.... :madge: sis @IndieKylie why did you neglect X's 2nd best track, after the one listed above? :oprah: 

❤ x ❤

juju

Also everyone who commented here that hasn't sent in rates, prepare yourselves :neyde: 

❤ x ❤

YeehawKylie
2 minutes ago, jujubae said:

OK so a lot of my favorites made the Top 10! 

Come Into My World!!

Illusion!!!!

The One!!!!!

SLOW!!!!

But Like a Drug was paid dust.... :madge: sis @IndieKylie why did you neglect X's 2nd best track, after the one listed above? :oprah: 

I like it on its own, but when I listen to it among Kylie's entire discography it just falls to the middle. I had it at #60, but had to bump it and a few others for more superior songs IMO like More More More, Fine, Feel So High and Burning Up...:emma:

Nirvana

I have forgotten to comment here! :giveup: Really love Kylie, she has so many bops. I will have to check if any of my favs made it to the top ten.

juju

I like it on its own, but when I listen to it among Kylie's entire discography it just falls to the middle. I had it at #60, but had to bump it and a few others for more superior songs IMO like More More More, Fine, Feel So High and Burning Up...:emma:

:neyde::neyde::neyde: 

I guess I'll live with this. So happy that Slow was #1! What a banger. :lolly: AND that you gave The One the credit it deserves, it's such a shimmering bop.

But where would these place, might I ask, bc I didn't see them on the list:

Les Sex!
Love Affair!
Sexercise!
Secret (Take You Home)!
Everything is Beautiful!
Still Standing!

And some unreleased/b-sides that were absent!!

❤ x ❤

YeehawKylie
Just now, jujubae said:

I guess I'll live with this. So happy that Slow was #1! What a banger. :lolly: AND that you gave The One the credit it deserves, it's such a shimmering bop.

But where would these place, might I ask, bc I didn't see them on the list:

Les Sex!
Love Affair!
Sexercise!
Secret (Take You Home)!
Everything is Beautiful!
Still Standing!

And some unreleased/b-sides that were absent!!

Only covering her released work. Unreleased would be an even bigger headache :saladga: (but Aston Martin would've been high if I had...). Sexercise and Everything is Beautiful would probably be anywhere from 75-100. The rest you listed, along with CGYOMH and Like a Drug, would probably round out my Top 70.

Archived