Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Kylie Minogue's 50 Best Songs: RESULTS + PLAYLIST

YeehawKylie

Featured Posts

juju
3 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

13. Into the Blue

If All the Lovers was an anthem to finding the one, Into the Blue is an anthem to embracing single-life. And, let’s be honest, there are not enough of these anthems. This song has a double-chorus, which gives me life. “When I got my back up against the wall, don’t need no one to rescue me, cause I ain’t staying up for nor miracle, cause tonight I’m running free…into the blue,” she sings, transitioning from chorus to chorus. Her vocals are strong (and those strings in the production are incredible) and it was probably the best single of 2014, and you can fight me on that.  

ctrl-7.gif

Listen here

Previous: #14 On a Night Like This

The only other song this side of Les Sex, that I truly love from KMO :diane: 

❤ x ❤

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gia Gunn
2 minutes ago, jujubae said:

The only other song this side of Les Sex, that I truly love from KMO :diane: 

And what about the title track? :madge: 

juju
1 minute ago, Gia Gunn said:

And what about the title track? :madge: 

It's probably my 3rd favorite :diane: 

❤ x ❤

Gia Gunn
Just now, jujubae said:

It's probably my 3rd favorite :diane: 

Back to loving you then :diane: 

YeehawKylie

12. Finer Feelings

The first song we really hear a sexually mature Kylie, this song (and the next) are honorary top ten’s in my opinion. ‘What is love, without the finer feelings? It’s just sex, without the sexual healing.’ Kylie is in command here and delivers the brilliant lyrics (some of the few from the PWL era) with deft and emotion. The Abbey Road Sessions re-working is, again, brilliant. I hate that this can’t be in the Top 10, but to me, it technically is.

tumblr_mabsraIj9Z1qa7fv2o1_r2_500.gif

Listen here

Previous: #13 Into the Blue

YeehawKylie

11. Red Blooded Woman

The most traditionally pop-friendly song delivered from Body Language, and one of her best singles (and of the year in general). Red Blooded Woman is classic Kylie and seldom gets treated as such. This song barely misses the Top 10 (by a hair, I swear), but like I said, it’s an honorary top ten in my opinion. From the moment Kylie commands “count backward, 5-4-3-2-1” she has my attention and it never wavers, only gaining in intensity as she delivers the incredible chorus. The visuals to this song are honestly, some of the hottest ever, as well.

9B1B28799A44E9DA5E394A80E46E7F71.jpg

Listen here

Previous: #12 Finer Feelings

Gia Gunn
Just now, IndieKylie said:

11. Red Blooded Woman

The most traditionally pop-friendly song delivered from Body Language, and one of her best singles (and of the year in general). Red Blooded Woman is classic Kylie and seldom gets treated as such. This song barely misses the Top 10 (by a hair, I swear), but like I said, it’s an honorary top ten in my opinion. From the moment Kylie commands “count backward, 5-4-3-2-1” she has my attention and it never wavers, only gaining in intensity as she delivers the incredible chorus. The visuals to this song are honestly, some of the hottest ever, as well.

Listen here

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :giveup: 

juju
Just now, IndieKylie said:

11. Red Blooded Woman

Listen here

where is @Gia Gunn we are about to meltdown :grr: 

❤ x ❤

Gia Gunn

I'm happy that it gets such a high position but it barely missed the top 10 :giveup: This is similar to that one time Venus was 3rd and Applause 2nd instead of 1st :emma:

YeehawKylie

Thanks for joining me, remember...tomorrow we find out the Top 10 at 7:30PM EST! I think you'll enjoy the picks, even if your favorite may not have made the cut (Red Blooded Woman was so close, trust me, it's a personal fave but the Top 10 is that good....).

Be sure to participate in the Aphrodite Megarate, if you are a budding Kylie Stan!

Spock

Good list! Glad to see Overrated Princess isn't that prominent on there :diane: 

Put Yourself In My Place, Chocolate and Crystallize (:diane:) are probably my fave Kylie songs. Her b sides are so underrated as well! When will the other girlies with their real album tracks 

And Kiss Me Once (especially the live version with that extended bridge) gets me everytime :diane: 

who will love me when the night is over

juju
2 minutes ago, Gia Gunn said:

I was already meltdowning :air: 

JUSTICE FOR RBW

:grr: 

Spoiler

@IndieKylie I cannot wait another day :air: 

❤ x ❤

YeehawKylie
3 minutes ago, jujubae said:

@IndieKylie you should do an honorable mentions, for songs that just missed the Top 50  

I was think of finishing up with a 51-60 reveal since you all have been so amazing and dedicated (it honestly makes all the work I put into this 1000% with it, I've had so much fun). :diane:

And trust me...I really want to post the rest tonight...but I don't know if I'll have the time and I like the thought of building more anticipation. :sweat:

Archived