Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Joanne Display Rant

Batwings

Featured Posts

Batwings

This is mainly just a rant to vent my frustrations to people who can likely sympathize.

So two nearby Barnes and Noble stores had these big cardboard Joanne promotional displays in their music/movies department. You may have seen them. They feature the album artwork and hold CDs and vinyls. I wanted one SO badly. At the first store, I asked an employee about it, and he told me that their manager takes all their promotional stuff home and hoards it, so I probably wouldn't have a chance of getting it.

At the second store, I asked again, and the employee told me that they were probably going to throw it away and that I could have it and that she'd take down my information and give me a call when they were ready to get rid of it. I was so excited!

Well, I waited a few weeks and didn't get a phone call, which I expected, because I figured in the post-Super Bowl sales resurgence, they'd want to keep the display a bit longer. However, I went back to visit the store on an unrelated errand, and I didn't see the display. I asked one employee about it and explained how I'd wanted it, that an employee had taken down my info, etc. He didn't know anything about it, and sent me to go talk to someone else. So I re-explained everything to the second guy I talked to, and he just flippantly said, "Oh, we already gave that away to someone," and then turned around and went back to typing on his computer.

I was so angry and upset on so many levels. Not only did they give away something they told me I could have, but the last guy I talked to was such an ass. And I mean, part of me feels like I don't have the right to be angry because they were essentially doing me a favor, but still, I had my hopes up, and then they were dashed. I'm just irritated about the whole matter.

RAMROD

Damn, that sucks! And didn't inform you you were on waiting list too!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

SpookyKid

Wasn't there a post about a guy who saw a reseved one and took the name off and he got it? :air: 

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

Batwings
Just now, SpookyKid said:

Wasn't there a post about a guy who saw a reseved one and took the name off and he got it? :air: 

I WILL SNATCH THAT BITCH'S WEAVE!  :grr:

JudasIsAHolyFoo
9 minutes ago, SpookyKid said:

I was thinking the exact same thing. Go hunting sis, you'll find the thief on here

Monster Ball 2010, Monster Ball 2011, Born This Way Ball 2013, artRAVE 2014, Joanne World Tour 2017 (Both Nights in Toronto)

freezer bride
On 3/18/2017 at 3:26 PM, Batwings said:

I WILL SNATCH THAT BITCH'S WEAVE!  :grr:

On 3/18/2017 at 3:34 PM, JudasIsAHolyFoo said:

I was thinking the exact same thing. Go hunting sis, you'll find the thief on here

I'm right here. :gaysia: I unfortunately didn't get it. :duck:

♥.

Batwings
9 minutes ago, Born This Way said:

I'm right here. :gaysia: I unfortunately didn't get it. :duck:

I never saw your original post. What happened with your incident? 

JudasIsAHolyFoo
1 hour ago, Batwings said:

BTW if you're from Canada HMV is closing out here, you could possibly get some Joanne Displays from there? 

Monster Ball 2010, Monster Ball 2011, Born This Way Ball 2013, artRAVE 2014, Joanne World Tour 2017 (Both Nights in Toronto)

Batwings
13 minutes ago, JudasIsAHolyFoo said:

BTW if you're from Canada HMV is closing out here, you could possibly get some Joanne Displays from there? 

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, I live in the Southeastern US. 

JudasIsAHolyFoo
5 minutes ago, Batwings said:

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, I live in the Southeastern US. 

I tried :sweat:

Probglum

Yeeaaahhhh...that happens most of the time, at least with my personal experiences. 

I remember around the time the FAME perfume launched, Ulta had a giant vinyl window display featuring Gaga and the tiny men all over her body. I went inside and kindly asked if it was possible for them to reserve the display for me until taken down. They took my name and number down and informed me that they should take it down in around two weeks or so. 

A month passes & I decided to go back and ask them about it. The lady told me that they were not allowed to reserve any of the displays and that they have to send them back to the distributor. Hmmm.......

My name is yours! What's Probglum?

freezer bride
2 hours ago, Batwings said:

Basically, there was the cutout and it had a reserved sticky note on it. I took the note off in hopes of getting to get the cutout instead of the person who reserved it, but next time I went, it wasn't there. 

♥.

Shadow

Barnes and Noble personnel act like snobs, or have acted bothered  whenever I have asked them about a book. I can imagine they get feisty over promo stuff.

This story reminded me of @ChicaSkas and her memorable adventures.

Too bad, hope you can find paraphernalia elsewhere. 

Silence those demons... . 🖤

ChicaSkas

Pro tip....

(and I read your whole post OP and it breaks my heart, but pro tip time)

Pro tip:

Never stop gently pestering. I got my C2C Barnes Display by gently doublechecking , joking around with staff, every 3 days or so, driving by to make sure it was there, ect.

Squeaky wheel gets oil ;) You don't want to leave it 

Now, your job is to carefully scour Ebay, Facebook Gaga groups, instagram groups, etc... to find one being resold. Patience is a virtue now, it will take time for one to pop up. Did you take pics of it? I never saw one before.

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Archived