💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

RuPaul: I would love to collaborate with Lady Gaga

Jorge Gonzalez Varela

Featured Posts

Bradley
18 minutes ago, Duke said:

He makes incredibly fun, camp, catchy songs. He is extremely talented. He is nearly 60 years old & has more relevance than many people's favs. He has been a prominent public figure in the gay world since the 90s.

Fun and catchy production do not equal to good musical talent, mate.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD
Just now, Bradley Cooper said:

Can you comprehend the word 'musician' in my original post? You read things into my post which I never said.

This is my original post:

No please. He doesn't seem like a real musician. More like a TV entertainer.

I did not call him talentless. Therefore the fact that he has a great sense of humour, has good makeup skills and his ambassadorship for MAC girl

has no fcking relevance to his MUSICAL career.

Read.

That fcking line is exactly the problem, don't you see?!

You dismissed her as musician and have zero relevance when she wrote her own lyrics and have long career in showbiz, which is making you, a what?, An ignorant!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Bradley
4 minutes ago, Diamond Heart said:

His career is built on the foundation of his SINGING career though. Which catapulted him into pop culture. He might be on reality tv but he is a MUSICIAN. He still has his own art and his own work. Hes been releasing (and still is) music for like 20+ years.

You pretty much said that here though.

I said that from the perspective of you guys, not mine. I consider musical talent (see Father John Misty for an example of a small artist who has real talent) before I support his/her collaboration with Gaga.

Paris Hilton is arguably a musician too, which is why I said he was not a 'real' musician. I never said he wasn't a singer, just not a good one.

Bradley
5 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

That fcking line is exactly the problem, don't you see?!

You dismissed her as musician and have zero relevance when she wrote her own lyrics and have long career in showbiz, which is making you, a what?, An ignorant!

That fcking line is proving the point that your arguments have no connection with the topic we are discussing.

You have a language comprehension problem. :rip: Gosh please think before you write. You have no clue what you are talking about.

Diamond Heart

I said that from the perspective of you guys, not mine. I consider musical talent (see Father John Misty for an example of a small artist who has real talent) before I support his/her collaboration with Gaga.

Paris Hilton is arguably a musician too, which is why I said he was not a 'real' musician. I never said he wasn't a singer, just not a good one.

But the fact your equating Paris Hilton (an heiress who has 1 album and became famous on reality television) to Rupaul is very telling of how little respect you have for him as a musician or an artist.
Rupaul has been making music since before Gaga was born. Rupaul was out in the clubs doing his hustle and actually managed to break out in a time where things like drag queens were not as accepted as they are now. He THEN managed to get a chance at a mainstream career, because of his talent and because he was a MUSICIAN. He is not just a reality tv judge, do some homework man. 

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

Bradley
6 minutes ago, Diamond Heart said:

But the fact your equating Paris Hilton (an heiress who has 1 album and became famous on reality television) to Rupaul is very telling of how little respect you have for him as a musician or an artist.
Rupaul has been making music since before Gaga was born. Rupaul was out in the clubs doing his hustle and actually managed to break out in a time where things like drag queens were not as accepted as they are now. He THEN managed to get a chance at a mainstream career, because of his talent and because he was a MUSICIAN. He is not just a reality tv judge, do some homework man. 

Well then, if those are true, I have to give him props for bringing the trans community into light. That's not easy, I admit.

But just because he has been making music for a long time, or accepted into the mainstream scene, does not make him a good musician, which is why I asked Ramrod to link me a video where it showcases his musical talent.

If Florence Welch's (a real singer and musician) contribution to Hey Girl received only mixed reviews (from fans especially), then a reality TV host's contribution can only add to the worst.

Killa
22 minutes ago, Bradley Cooper said:

Can you comprehend the word 'musician' in my original post? You read things into my post which I never said.

This is my original post:

No please. He doesn't seem like a real musician. More like a TV entertainer.

I did not call him talentless. Therefore the fact that he has a great sense of humour, has good makeup skills and his ambassadorship for MAC girl

has no fcking relevance to his MUSICAL career.

Read.

Well even i dont know RuPaul that well and think he has music skills

and just check her performances

Queen clearly knows how to sing and has groove. Not the greatest voice ever lool, ofc but it's distinctive and manages to not be cringy.

And he's clearly knowledgeable. He can also be a muse to Gaga and inspire her to get that campy part of her.

I dont understand how you dont see this. It would be a very Gaga collab, in which two intelects share ideas about beats, how they want the sound to be, get a clear performance idea right from the beginning.

Girl...

Diamond Heart

Well then, if those are true, I have to give him props for bringing the trans community into light. That's not easy, I admit.

But just because he has been making music for a long time, or accepted into the mainstream scene, does not make him a good musician, which is why I asked Ramrod to link me a video where it showcases his musical talent.

If Florence Welch's (a real singer and musician) contribution to Hey Girl received only mixed reviews (from fans especially), then a reality TV host's contribution can only add to the worst.

This is a valid point and i can totally accept your opinion that your arent a fan of him musically. But....
I just feel like its very easy for people to dismiss people like Rupaul and honestly it really bugs me. As a gay man i feel like people automatically dismiss Ru as untalented just because hes does drag. Like its as if people look down on it as if its not worthy of being deemed respectable, and i dunno man that **** irks me. No one, (really no one) is gonna sit and argue that Rupaul is a genius musician, but talent? The bitch got bucket loads of it. Also i wouldnt be wanting some big super smash success song, id just want one cool anthem from 2 gay icons. 

Noah
5 minutes ago, Diamond Heart said:

This is a valid point and i can totally accept your opinion that your arent a fan of him musically. But....
I just feel like its very easy for people to dismiss people like Rupaul and honestly it really bugs me. As a gay man i feel like people automatically dismiss Ru as untalented just because hes does drag. Like its as if people look down on it as if its not worthy of being deemed respectable, and i dunno man that **** irks me. No one, (really no one) is gonna sit and argue that Rupaul is a genius musician, but talent? The bitch got bucket loads of it. Also i wouldnt be wanting some big super smash success song, id just want one cool anthem from 2 gay icons. 

4 hours ago, Miel said:

I know Ru probably isn't, like, a top class musician, but Supermodel is such a campy, fantastic song.

It's right up Gaga's alley, and I know they can complement each other pretty well ala Fashion!

He may not be a pianist or something like that BUT he is a versatile Singer and Songwriter. He was in a punk rock Band, collaborated with Elton John and Martha Wash, did Dance, Pop Songs etc. Most of his newer Songs (esp. Butch Queen or Realness) may not get mainstream due to being made for Drag Shows. You could play 'Butch Queen' on REPEAT at a Vouging Show. Ru is WAY more versatile in Music than anyone knows. He can also act, write books and much more. 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Bradley
14 minutes ago, Killa said:

The only decent one is Nothing for Christmas. Still I am not convinced his merits warrant him a Gaga collaboration.

Bradley
14 minutes ago, Diamond Heart said:

I understand your concerns, I endeavour to arrive at a conclusion without taking into account the fact that he's part of the trans community, but I just cannot envision a good collaboration between them. I would take Sam Smith over him, because at least Sam Smith has real musicianship and songwriting talent. Hopefully that gets the point across.

Diamond Heart

I understand your concerns, I endeavour to arrive at a conclusion without taking into account the fact that he's part of the trans community, but I just cannot envision a good collaboration between them. I would take Sam Smith over him, because at least Sam Smith has real musicianship and songwriting talent. Hopefully that gets the point across.

Now wait just a damn minute you 'd take The Grinch Who Stole The Oscar over Rupaul? :giveup:

Im Speechless.mp3 :cryga:

Killa
1 minute ago, Bradley Cooper said:

The only decent one is Nothing for Christmas. Still I am not convinced his merits warrant him a Gaga collaboration.

Lol now im completely sure what you're going on about.

I also want Gaga to collab with Chick Corea, Chaka Khan, Thom Yorke, have Tony Visconti producing an album, and so on.

But let's equate this. Beck, a musical genius collabed with Gaga and the result was very very poor, Florence Welch collabed with Gaga and, well was a bit underwhelming on some part, but mostly positive. Josh Homme collabed on Joanne and she destroyed his signature guitar sound, a very failed collab, considering i dont feel his presence. It's just that Diamond Heart is a good song by itself, could it have been even better..yes. The same with PI.

Rupaul represents something very solid, and shares many aspects of what has been Gaga's work. It would be a much more easy collab to make it werk:gaysia:. She doesnt need to play any instrument, but being vocal about the direction, giving inspiration and having knowledge, having the same sources of inspiration, would be awesome.

Killa
1 minute ago, Diamond Heart said:

Now wait just a damn minute you 'd take The Grinch Who Stole The Oscar over Rupaul? :giveup:

Im Speechless.mp3 :cryga:

a boy who has one single album.... ahhh i give up trying reasing here.

Someone does not get it at all.

The difference between a person that has a clear aesthetic and someone with a good voice and seems to already have a style but has so much to still prove is vastingly different

Even more when Gaga tries too many different things to the point she might not really know who she is anymore.

Now, get Samatha out of this

Archived