Jump to content
Joanne World Tour
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
question

Why Are Artists Not Lasting? When We Get Another Icon/Ellite

Featured Posts

CrazyMonster   Paws Up 13,240
CrazyMonster
Just now, holyscheisse said:

Praying for Ariana to have staying power... Idk why this is the case. Ive read research that basically says as we become more involved w technology, we are taking in so much information everyday and our attention spans are diminishing cause there is just so much stimuli we are shifting between. This is why people prefer small bulleted lists, or videos with captions, or tweets and fb posts rather than long in-depth articles or books that require linear, long term focus.   maybe that's it? We just get bored easier now 

That's so sad. :madge:

  • Like 1
‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
PartySick   Paws Up 32,369
PartySick
1 minute ago, CrazyMonster said:

But Prince, MJ, David Bowie, George Michael, Freddy Mercury (I know they're not all pop but they were mainstream back then) all did that, they all pushed the boundaries of fashion for males and they all were confident and strong enough to not either play the over masculine or romantically sensitive artist. Our generation misses that, we need male artists like that. How come our generation who has been really outspoken about LGBT rights has literally no famous gay or bi pop male singer as? (Sam Smith & Adam Lambert don't count lol)

That was my point...kind of :sweat:

Our generation and the way the music bizz/consumers are these days doesn't allow men to be those free and creative spirits. Everyone's trying to play it safe so they have a guaranteed hit and relevancy. It's just that men's safe zone is smaller than women's :shrug:

  • Like 5
1, 5, 10, lay a million WP's on you fools

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Born To Slay   Paws Up 8,260
Born To Slay
Just now, holyscheisse said:

Praying for Ariana to have staying power... Idk why this is the case. Ive read research that basically says as we become more involved w technology, we are taking in so much information everyday and our attention spans are diminishing cause there is just so much stimuli we are shifting between. This is why people prefer small bulleted lists, or videos with captions, or tweets and fb posts rather than long in-depth articles or books that require linear, long term focus.   maybe that's it? We just get bored easier now 

Ariana will stay. She's already on her fourth album and had 8 top 10 hits. She won artist of the year at last years AMAs, she ain't going anywhere.

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
holy scheisse   Paws Up 4,184
holy scheisse
Just now, Born To Slay said:

Ariana will stay. She's already on her fourth album and had 8 top 10 hits. She won artist of the year at last years AMAs, she ain't going anywhere.

I agree tbh. She's a star. 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrazyMonster   Paws Up 13,240
CrazyMonster
Just now, PartySick said:

That was my point...kind of :sweat:

Our generation and the way the music bizz/consumers are these days doesn't allow men to be those free and creative spirits. Everyone's trying to play it safe so they have a guaranteed hit and relevancy. It's just that men's safe zone is smaller than women's :shrug:

But why isn't there a pop male singer that just decides to push the envelope and tries to take risks? Why are they just accepting to stay in their safe zones? :saladga:

  • Like 3
‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrazyMonster   Paws Up 13,240
CrazyMonster
1 minute ago, Born To Slay said:

Ariana will stay. She's already on her fourth album and had 8 top 10 hits. She won artist of the year at last years AMAs, she ain't going anywhere.

You can't be sure of that. Let time speak for itself cause otherwise you'll get disappointed.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Fame Joanne   Paws Up 5,978
The Fame Joanne
4 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

She won best new artist at the 2013 AMAs for her success that year. Yours Truly, in addition to topping the American chart, also went top 5 in Japan and Canada and top 10 in Australia and Great Britain. It was a commercially successful album era. 

Only in english speaking countries (and Japan)

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrazyMonster   Paws Up 13,240
CrazyMonster
1 minute ago, The Fame Joanne said:

Only in english speaking countries (and Japan)

I live in France and so far she's been really successful here since Problem she really exploded then she ruined it all with Focus but got back with DW. Side To Side is still being played everywhere in France.

  • Like 1
‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Born To Slay   Paws Up 8,260
Born To Slay
2 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

Yeah but no one remembers it, I never heard that album nor the singles, I only started focusing on her when she released Problem (so did the rest of the world).

Yours Truly went top 10 in 8 countries, including America, the U.K. and Japan. People were clearly focusing on her before Problem otherwise she wouldn't have charted so high in multiple major music markets.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrazyMonster   Paws Up 13,240
CrazyMonster

If only I could sing and dance I would have become a proud bisexual pop singer who's not afraid to take risks.

But hey Katy & Selena who can't sing nor dance became pop singers so why not me? :ladyhaha:

  • Like 3
‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Born To Slay   Paws Up 8,260
Born To Slay
3 minutes ago, The Fame Joanne said:

Only in english speaking countries (and Japan)

So what? That's still successful enough to she was known worldwide prior to 2014. You don't just go top 10 in most major music markets without being known.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrazyMonster   Paws Up 13,240
CrazyMonster
1 minute ago, Born To Slay said:

Yours Truly went top 10 in 8 countries, including America, the U.K. and Japan. People were clearly focusing on her before Problem otherwise she wouldn't have charted so high in multiple major music markets.

Well here in France with Yours Truly she wasn't talked about at all. She really kind of came out of nowhere with Problem and succeeded.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Born To Slay   Paws Up 8,260
Born To Slay
Just now, CrazyMonster said:

Well here in France with Yours Truly she wasn't talked about at all. She really kind of came out of nowhere with Problem and succeeded.

Okay maybe in France she wasn't big before Problem but it seems unfair to say that since she wasn't a success in one big country means the album wasn't big because it was in many major music markets.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
PartySick   Paws Up 32,369
PartySick
1 minute ago, CrazyMonster said:

But why isn't there a pop male singer that just decides to push the envelope and tries to take risks? Why are they just accepting to stay in their safe zones? :saladga:

They're too scared

3c51519bbc0d3e9c0aeb6766a6463976.gif

Spoiler

No, idk :sweat:

We just have to wait for that one dude that fell in love with performing and music when he was a kid and then put everything he had and then some towards making that dream come true.

These days you can get famous with a catchy hook on an otherwise terrible song (not naming names :ph34r:) so who wants to risk their popularity by trying something other than the tried and true method of pleasing a complacent and simple minded consumer base? :shrug:

 

  • Like 1
1, 5, 10, lay a million WP's on you fools

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Born To Slay   Paws Up 8,260
Born To Slay
10 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

But why isn't there a pop male singer that just decides to push the envelope and tries to take risks? Why are they just accepting to stay in their safe zones? :saladga:

I guess they're just push overs

Edited by Born To Slay

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×