question

Why Are Artists Not Lasting? When We Get Another Icon/Ellite

Economy

Featured Posts

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
djBuffoon

I like The Weeknd much more than Drake or Bieber, but he's not on their level of ubiquitousness quite yet.

GagaTheExplorer

2008 = Gaga, Adele, Katy, Selena, Demi

2009 = Justin Bieber, Kesha

2010 = Bruno Mars, Drake, Nicki Minaj

2011 = One Direction

2012 = ?

2013 = Ariana Grande

2014 = Meghan Trainor?

2015?

2016?

2017?

Pharamon
On 15.03.2017 at 11:15 PM, Mister Gaga said:

he successfully established himself as a main pop boy imo.

--

ikr? we need another huge pop superstar asap; last time was 9 years ago with Gaga and Katy, which already was 9 years after britney/christina. So, those 2 new pop girls might debut this year. Forget about Zara, Dua Lipa, Bebe...they won't make it. AG4 will define ari's place, but she's already a step down.

We need a fearless popstar which gives no ****s and is independent... I was rooting for Lorde to grow big but she enjoys music and art rather than numbers and being at the top

Perfect ionist
On 3/15/2017 at 6:14 PM, Edonis said:

There aren't that many interesting new mainstream pop acts that are willing to take risks and change pop. Everyone is pretty much playing it safe or acting like promo is a part time job. Tbh, I don't see it happening anytime soon, but someone new is bound to appear and change the industry. Either that, or Gaga is gonna shake things up with LG6 :poot:

I hope gaga does shake things up during a performance or her new album coming up

LordEnigma
On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:17 PM, Deagan said:

Mark this post: Dua Lipa is next.

lol

Perfect ionist
On 3/15/2017 at 5:59 PM, Economy said:

By Music Ellites or Icons I mean:

Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Adele, Justin Bieber, Drake, The Weeknd

Those artists that become famous enough to be known by everyone and to become like a brand, they dont become forgotten easily and they have multiple hits

Seems like The Weeknd was the last one and before that Drake. Last 6 years hardly anyone new sticks around. Whats up with that? :oprah: 

so true i've been trying to find another artist be be a huge fan of but it been very difficult to find one nowadays. I mean I love lady gaga but I also want something new from someone else but no one does crazy things or push boundries. Like back in 2007 to 2013 artists did very crazy things and take fashion to the next level. I mean we still have Lady Gaga to do this. Every artist nowadays dress up normal but never surprise any artists 2014- and so on.

ARTPOPheartstop

All who are mentioning Ariana are delusional, that girl doesen't have a #1 so stop

LaLuna

People are very fickle and they constantly move on to the next flavor of the month that the industry tries to shove down our throats, simple as that. 

• 9 months later...
On 22-3-2017 at 4:10 PM, Alexander Levi said:

lol

So how about that....?

2csg9vm.jpg

Any other artists you guys are on the lookout for? Going to be massive?

On 3/20/2017 at 7:17 AM, Deagan said:

Mark this post: Dua Lipa is next.

oh wow

giphy.webp

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

LordEnigma
39 minutes ago, Deagan said:

So how about that....?

2csg9vm.jpg

So she had a big hit? Let me know when she has another couple.

One huge hit does not mean she’s a legend :ladyhaha:

LordEnigma
42 minutes ago, Deagan said:

So how about that....?

2csg9vm.jpg

I tell people I love the Dua Lipa song and everyone I’ve said that to is like “who?”

Shes nowhere NEAR legend status. Everyone only knows the song.

NIghtmareElm

Post Malone.  He has had a massive single this year.  Luis whatever his name is may have had the biggest single of the year but that's all he will ever have.  He has no fan base.  Post Malone?  He became huge from just posting his songs on Soundcloud.  His debut song was a hit.  He also had a couple of other hits.  Stoney, which is his debut album is in the top 10 and has been for weeks.  He is gaining a fanbase.  If his next album is a success with sales and critics, he will probably be able to do a world tour as long as his fanbase grows.  

Archived