Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Are Artists Not Lasting? When We Get Another Icon/Ellite

Economy

Featured Posts

Andrew2512
1 hour ago, LG said:

he's had 4 successful eras and is on a sold out arena tour rn so i personally would :shrug:

4 successful eras ? He has only 3 albums. His first was not successful at all. His second is successful. His 3rd is mediocre not achieving half his second album success. So....

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Fame Joanne
14 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

I live in France and so far she's been really successful here since Problem she really exploded then she ruined it all with Focus but got back with DW. Side To Side is still being played everywhere in France.

Same in Germany, but prior to Problem she wasn't known as a singer (some kids knew her as an actress tho)

venusfly
5 minutes ago, Andrew2512 said:

4 successful eras ? He has only 3 albums. His first was not successful at all. His second is successful. His 3rd is mediocre not achieving half his second album success. So....

Trilogy has sold 1m+ copies worldwide

Kiss Land sold ~700k+

Beauty Behind the Madness ~4mil

Starboy had the best streaming figures in Spotify history until Divide came out

Lemonade
57 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

Me too and I really want pop male artists to be less lazy and bring full choreos and amazing visuals.

wait until 2020 for my emergence into the pop scene :nails:

Miel
1 hour ago, Mister Gaga said:

he successfully established himself as a main pop boy imo.

--

ikr? we need another huge pop superstar asap; last time was 9 years ago with Gaga and Katy, which already was 9 years after britney/christina. So, those 2 new pop girls might debut this year. Forget about Zara, Dua Lipa, Bebe...they won't make it. AG4 will define ari's place, but she's already a step down.

I just heard some of her work, and she has an amazing voice.

But you're right- I feel like a lot of artists post-2013 can be (unfortunately) clumped together, bound to get lost in time.

3 points in and ready for more

Miel
9 minutes ago, Lemonade said:

wait until 2020 for my emergence into the pop scene :nails:

Catch me in 2036 when I emerge with a successful debut country album at the supple age of 40, tbh.

3 points in and ready for more

mikedu24

The problem with the Weekend is his albums are really mediocre. The best songs are always the singles and the rest feel like basic fillers. I learnt this when I got his last album and couldn't make it through the whole thing. Same for the one before that. Gets a little boring. So I think he still has a long way to go. That is taking aside sales and stuff.

Decodekid

i think that since 2010 we are only getting one hit wonders 

Im Harol don't tell anyone

StarstruckIllusion

Bc rap culture is at the forefront in America's ever thirst for black culture. I'm not getting into whether that's right or not, but it's put our pop sounds and pop legends to the side. it sucks. 

StarstruckIllusion
18 minutes ago, WanderlustHeart said:

Lol you forgot Beyoncé and Nicki Minaj 

bc they have the background to blend into the rise of hiphop culture that's literally taking over right now. you can't given call them pop anymore 

Jewels n Drugs

No shade but I feel a lot of the new artists just aren't talented. Alot of them are just average singers who have songs written for them. Nobody new really has what it takes to dominate pop.

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Hexxx

That's what I was wondering. Surely there are other artists out there slaying the charts but no one is doing anything innovative or iconic. 

Beyonce is ruling right now i guess.

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

There's not much longevity in pop music in general, and that's not new -- you just notice it more as you get older. Like, when you're 15, three years is an eternity. When you're 30, not so much. Artists whose peak of success lasts the same amount of time, go from being durable, to flashes in the pan, in your perception. This is also when you start saying things like "a lot of the new artists just aren't talented." :) You're not wrong, but... it was ever thus.

Well, that's my old man rant for the day. Tomorrow, I'll join you in deploring the sorry state of today's music. But I'll keep looking for the good stuff. It's always there.

bitchimtrying

Because streaming took all of the power away from the artist. And so now artists careers are pretty short. Labels base value off of sales, but today's market is very much so streaming based, so even if they get lots of streams and no sales, the music label wont see them as valuable. They have to be able to sell in order to stick around, and the likes of Zara larson, dua lipa etc, have good streams but poor sales, so they don't break through in a way that Gaga did. 

Also exclusivity. A lot of artists will release music solely on one streaming service like apple music or tidal, which isn't available to everyone and so by the time it is released elsewhere everyone has already listened to it illegally and anticipation/want for it has died down so no one cares. 

Archived