Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Are Artists Not Lasting? When We Get Another Icon/Ellite

Economy

Featured Posts

The Child
Just now, holyscheisse said:

Praying for Ariana to have staying power... Idk why this is the case. Ive read research that basically says as we become more involved w technology, we are taking in so much information everyday and our attention spans are diminishing cause there is just so much stimuli we are shifting between. This is why people prefer small bulleted lists, or videos with captions, or tweets and fb posts rather than long in-depth articles or books that require linear, long term focus.   maybe that's it? We just get bored easier now 

That's so sad. :madge:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartySick
1 minute ago, CrazyMonster said:

But Prince, MJ, David Bowie, George Michael, Freddy Mercury (I know they're not all pop but they were mainstream back then) all did that, they all pushed the boundaries of fashion for males and they all were confident and strong enough to not either play the over masculine or romantically sensitive artist. Our generation misses that, we need male artists like that. How come our generation who has been really outspoken about LGBT rights has literally no famous gay or bi pop male singer as? (Sam Smith & Adam Lambert don't count lol)

That was my point...kind of :sweat:

Our generation and the way the music bizz/consumers are these days doesn't allow men to be those free and creative spirits. Everyone's trying to play it safe so they have a guaranteed hit and relevancy. It's just that men's safe zone is smaller than women's :shrug:

🖤

Born To Slay
Just now, holyscheisse said:

Praying for Ariana to have staying power... Idk why this is the case. Ive read research that basically says as we become more involved w technology, we are taking in so much information everyday and our attention spans are diminishing cause there is just so much stimuli we are shifting between. This is why people prefer small bulleted lists, or videos with captions, or tweets and fb posts rather than long in-depth articles or books that require linear, long term focus.   maybe that's it? We just get bored easier now 

Ariana will stay. She's already on her fourth album and had 8 top 10 hits. She won artist of the year at last years AMAs, she ain't going anywhere.

holy scheisse
Just now, Born To Slay said:

Ariana will stay. She's already on her fourth album and had 8 top 10 hits. She won artist of the year at last years AMAs, she ain't going anywhere.

I agree tbh. She's a star. 

The Child
Just now, PartySick said:

That was my point...kind of :sweat:

Our generation and the way the music bizz/consumers are these days doesn't allow men to be those free and creative spirits. Everyone's trying to play it safe so they have a guaranteed hit and relevancy. It's just that men's safe zone is smaller than women's :shrug:

But why isn't there a pop male singer that just decides to push the envelope and tries to take risks? Why are they just accepting to stay in their safe zones? :saladga:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

The Child
1 minute ago, Born To Slay said:

You can't be sure of that. Let time speak for itself cause otherwise you'll get disappointed.

The Fame Joanne
4 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

She won best new artist at the 2013 AMAs for her success that year. Yours Truly, in addition to topping the American chart, also went top 5 in Japan and Canada and top 10 in Australia and Great Britain. It was a commercially successful album era. 

Only in english speaking countries (and Japan)

The Child
1 minute ago, The Fame Joanne said:

I live in France and so far she's been really successful here since Problem she really exploded then she ruined it all with Focus but got back with DW. Side To Side is still being played everywhere in France.

Born To Slay
2 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

Yeah but no one remembers it, I never heard that album nor the singles, I only started focusing on her when she released Problem (so did the rest of the world).

Yours Truly went top 10 in 8 countries, including America, the U.K. and Japan. People were clearly focusing on her before Problem otherwise she wouldn't have charted so high in multiple major music markets.

The Child

If only I could sing and dance I would have become a proud bisexual pop singer who's not afraid to take risks.

But hey Katy & Selena who can't sing nor dance became pop singers so why not me? :ladyhaha:

Born To Slay
3 minutes ago, The Fame Joanne said:

So what? That's still successful enough to she was known worldwide prior to 2014. You don't just go top 10 in most major music markets without being known.

The Child
1 minute ago, Born To Slay said:

Yours Truly went top 10 in 8 countries, including America, the U.K. and Japan. People were clearly focusing on her before Problem otherwise she wouldn't have charted so high in multiple major music markets.

Well here in France with Yours Truly she wasn't talked about at all. She really kind of came out of nowhere with Problem and succeeded.

Born To Slay
Just now, CrazyMonster said:

Well here in France with Yours Truly she wasn't talked about at all. She really kind of came out of nowhere with Problem and succeeded.

Okay maybe in France she wasn't big before Problem but it seems unfair to say that since she wasn't a success in one big country means the album wasn't big because it was in many major music markets.

PartySick
1 minute ago, CrazyMonster said:

But why isn't there a pop male singer that just decides to push the envelope and tries to take risks? Why are they just accepting to stay in their safe zones? :saladga:

They're too scared

3c51519bbc0d3e9c0aeb6766a6463976.gif

Spoiler

No, idk :sweat:

We just have to wait for that one dude that fell in love with performing and music when he was a kid and then put everything he had and then some towards making that dream come true.

These days you can get famous with a catchy hook on an otherwise terrible song (not naming names :ph34r:) so who wants to risk their popularity by trying something other than the tried and true method of pleasing a complacent and simple minded consumer base? :shrug:

🖤

Born To Slay
10 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

I guess they're just push overs

Archived