Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why is "Green Light" Not Doing to Well?

JohnWayne23

Green Light  

412 members have voted

1. 1. Why is Green Light not performing as well as many had expected?

• She waited too long to release new music
    • The song isn't good
    • People liked Lorde's old style, not pop Lorde
    • A mixture of a few factors
    • Give it time, it will grow

Featured Posts

Furrrealzjuan
22 hours ago, babs said:

The current musical trend is trap/reggaeton based songs, fast tempo is not in right now, so it's just a matter of the time she released it. if she would have released that song in 2011 maybe it would have slayed.

Raggaeton?! Where? Ivy Queen where you at? 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Helxig

I think it's a combination of people not expecting artists to change or evolve, rejecting Lorde's new sound, and the fact that the song is a grower. I didn't like it upon first listen, but after hearing it a few times I really love it!

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

chrismugler

Because we're living in a dark period of time, when trash music is being played in the radio and people stan random DJ's or nonsense music, streams are overrated, we have a clown as a President (USA of course:diane:), Awards shows are lame just to get views, among several circumstances.

tenor.gif

We definitely need a savior now more than ever.

B.B.A. / Music Lover / Human.

On 16/3/2017 at 7:54 PM, Furrrealzjuan said:

Raggaeton?! Where? Ivy Queen where you at? 

I don't mean straight forward reggaeton songs, but songs based on or that sample reggaeton beats; such as Shape of you, Cold Water, Sorry, Cheap Thrills, Touch, Final Song and so on...

TimisaMonster

The song isn't great...the instrumental is too happy vs her emo vocals...it feels forced and she's just trying to appeal to more people, but it didn't work and the lack of promo is also a factor

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

ItWasntLaauv

All the people I talked to said that they wanted/expected something like Royals/Tennis Court/Team :rip:

I don't understand, that was way back in 2013/2014, it's so annoying when people put others in boxes, let her evolve and experiment with her sound.

I went in with no expectations of what she was gonna sound like and I ended up loving it.

gagaisitalian

It's not good. I was so excited for it because I think her debut album is stellar. But Green Light gets so tiring after a few listens. And her voice is cringe-worthy. Oh and the video was a bust.

Monster2015

Song is really too complex. Different keys in the intro and chorus. I loved how she changed the meter too. she also did that on Team I believe. But yea Pop right now is very linear and the new lorde song is like I said, complex

Rockets

cause it's too good for the rest

The only girl I've ever loved was born with roses in her eyes

RodeckDanny

I feel there's a lack of promo

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

Goodtimes12128

Lorde can experiment with her sound if it makes her feel credible as an artist. But it's too soon for her and I want more chill music like royals and tennis court

Archived