Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why is "Green Light" Not Doing to Well?

JohnWayne23

Green Light  

412 members have voted

1. 1. Why is Green Light not performing as well as many had expected?

• She waited too long to release new music
    • The song isn't good
    • People liked Lorde's old style, not pop Lorde
    • A mixture of a few factors
    • Give it time, it will grow

Featured Posts

youandi

I mean, was she massive in the first place, I think you could only say Royals was a hit here in the UK. She's obviously big amongst music fans but I guess typical music buyers mostly know her for royals. 

I really like her new music and I suspect she doesn't care as long as she's getting the chance to make the music she wants. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StarstruckIllusion
7 hours ago, Cracks said:

The real question is: why would she do well?

She has no fanbase and she only had one hit, what do you expect

bitch hello, #1 Lorde stan right here. y'all really can't say she has no fanbase. ever see her twitter? what a gag 

StarstruckIllusion
38 minutes ago, youandi said:

I mean, was she massive in the first place, I think you could only say Royals was a hit here in the UK. She's obviously big amongst music fans but I guess typical music buyers mostly know her for royals. 

I really like her new music and I suspect she doesn't care as long as she's getting the chance to make the music she wants. 

Royals peaked @ #1 in the US for 9 weeks. 

Decodekid

i love the song but i do get why people are not into it.

Also i think other artists are taking her spotlight 

Im Harol don't tell anyone

youandi
1 hour ago, ChaosAngelX69 said:

Royals peaked @ #1 in the US for 9 weeks. 

Oh I see haha, makes sense why people are a bit shocked she's not doing as well then! 

The current musical trend is trap/reggaeton based songs, fast tempo is not in right now, so it's just a matter of the time she released it. if she would have released that song in 2011 maybe it would have slayed.

sethrb101
2 hours ago, ChaosAngelX69 said:

bitch hello, #1 Lorde stan right here. y'all really can't say she has no fanbase. ever see her twitter? what a gag 

For real though. She also had Team, and Tennis Courts had mild popularity. And it's not like her other songs bombed. I was a casual stan before Green Light, but she's been promoted at this point. Her popularity will continue to grow when Melodrama is released, I believe.

#Gaga2020

sethrb101

I literally don't see what anyone is talking about with the replay value being nonexistent and saying it's just not good. I didn't love it on first listen, but by listen 2, I was IN. I listen to it everyday.

#Gaga2020

MarryTheNight91

I love it but understand why many don't. She's an amazing songwriter. Think the album will blow people away. Liability is also really good.

Pity Party

I don't care for the chorus. It's not awful though. I'm waiting for the true queen of music Melanie Martinez to release her new music ugh. 

Archived