Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why is "Green Light" Not Doing to Well?

JohnWayne23

Green Light  

412 members have voted

1. 1. Why is Green Light not performing as well as many had expected?

• She waited too long to release new music
    • The song isn't good
    • People liked Lorde's old style, not pop Lorde
    • A mixture of a few factors
    • Give it time, it will grow

Featured Posts

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
freebit

It's not on-trend and isn't catchy. 

There's also something tinny about the production that keeps it from sounding as amazing on speakers like Royals and Team did

stir the pot

Because Light Green is a buzz single and Liability is the real lead single. 

bwgffMu.gif

And she should release Melodrama sooner than June.

Economy
4 hours ago, Red said:

The only time Lorde has really slayed was with Royals, I don't get the high expecatations for her chart performance

She did have what 3 hits in a row and 2 of them were pretty big (royals and team)...

i think ppl thought she was gonna become another one of the Ellites in the music industry

By Ellites I mean: Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Adele, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Drake, and The Weeknd 

River

This is the price of the streaming, she's part of Iggy, Meghan Trainor, The Chainsmokers and all the singers who had a #1 or top 10 song in the last years.. they had them thanks to the streaming and were seasonal.. now people just moved on from them to a new song and a new singer.. it'll be like that from now on and they'll fail to reach the success again...

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Cuntyanne

With the exception of being a dance track, its not a colorful bop to me.  I had no expectations to what her sound was going to sound like in this new era but I really love the elements of what Meltdown had.  I like Pusha and Q-Tip's efforts also but if she released a cinematic flare for this era, comparable to this track, I think she would draw more attention.  It still sounds so fresh and new.  I feel like she's playing it safe but we still have an album to listen to once she graces us with it. I do like it more than what is current at the moment.  She's tremendously talented and a natural songwriter.  I'll be looking out for this release. 

YeehawKylie

She's making music for the sake of music and not the charts. To be successful on the charts these days it has to be strategic. 

sipthistea

The song is good, but not THAT GOOD. It is getting what it deserves.

Spoiler

Although many songs get what they don't deserve these days :reductive:

Irrelevant

gl is at 19 rn tho :oprah: it's pretty good because it was at 100 the first week

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Pray4FameGa

I'm gonna stand by my initial reaction of the song being great. It's not mindblowing or a classic but its a solid sound. Chart performance doesn't affect my opinion.

I'm still really looking forward to her album. I'm expecting something amazing from Lorde. If she doesn't deliver though i'm over her :awkney:.

I'm very surprised she has not shone commercially but also don't know why i expected that.

This really is an interesting year for pop music.

LITTLEMONSTERS
6 hours ago, TheKillerQueen said:

It's not her typical sound that made people drawn into her, almost couldn't believe Green Light was a Lorde song. Also the other new one she released was very, blah...It's not terrible but it won't win her any Grammys. 

the grammy committee will say otherwise

SXXXDREAMS

guys sorry I didn't know what thread to post that in, but that's my guess for 2017 song of the summer. It's huge in the UK and generally in most of Europe and I reckon it will follow Cheerleader's fate.. + it's a BOP!  

Archived