Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

ASIB: From a small-time nightclub singer to international stardom! UPDATE!

asana15

Featured Posts

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
asana15

Update: March 20th, 2017:

"... In the latest version, the female role, originally portrayed as a movie star on the rise, has been re-conceived as a small-time nightclub singer who eventually achieves international stardom."...

http://www.playbill.com/article/sam-elliott-will-join-lady-gaga-and-bradley-cooper-in-a-star-is-born-remake

junolxf

So this a biopic about Gaga's own career now? 

"Seems to be trendy lately to talk sh*t about 'Lady Gaga' when your albums/singles drop." - Leviticus 20:27

Tame Impala
On 3/15/2017 at 10:03 AM, LastNight said:

Exciting!

I think she's going to be fantastic, she's a pro. It's a great moment for her to do this, she is clearly in a great headspace judging by her recent performances, interviews and photos; she seems happy, confident and centred. The fact that there clearly seems to be a lot of preparation and rehearsal before shooting is an amazing thing, she's getting a lot of time to get into the role and the whole production.

It also plays to her strengths as a singer and performer. She is captivating when she performs and it's going to be magic on screen. Her acting improved massively over her first season on AHS, she handled being the lead role like a rockstar and even though her second season was a smaller part, she nailed it. TV is different as well, it's a much faster pace and less rehearsal and yet she still managed to deliver despite being a relative newbie to the acting game. 

Her performance in the MR video did little to inspire confidence though.

donutellha

slay! cant wait for it!

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

LordEnigma

I'm not too nervous and honestly, even if the movies sucks... the music will be spot on :classy:

I hope there's a bop.

LordEnigma
10 minutes ago, Tame Impala said:

Her performance in the MR video did little to inspire confidence though.

Ok but like that video was so obviously rushed and little to no effort into making it.

I don't mind watching it, but AHS makes me confident about this film. And I'm sure she'll be working with acting coaches months before the film is being shot.

PerfectIllusion
On 15.03.2017 at 2:07 PM, asana15 said:

small-time nightclub singer who eventually achieves international stardom."...

OMG!:giveup: this is like her own biopic im so here for it:firega:

So she'll essentially play herself... which is good because she's just always an "event" to watch :)

But it's also bad because her acting skills won't get as much challenged as if she had to play a completely different character.

Regardless, I'm getting quite a bit excited about ASIB now, although it's still such a long wait.

Musicals usually do have a whole score of original music, right ? So it could be she's written/writing a whole album's worth of songs for it. It'll be themed for the movie, but still, lots of new music from Gaga :music:

"You just gotta be committed to the hat!" - Lady Gaga

18 minutes ago, PerfectIllusion said:
On 15. 3. 2017 at 2:07 PM, asana15 said:

small-time nightclub singer who eventually achieves international stardom."...

I hope it includes Diamond Heart :giveup: that would fit SO WELL :giveup: 

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

"In the latest version, the female role, originally portrayed as a movie star on the rise, has been reconceived as a small-time nightclub singer who eventually achieves international stardom."

The movie has been previously been confirmed to be a romance-musical. This storyline of a bar singer making it big was used in a bollywood rip-off released a couple years ago, named 'Aashiqui 2'- which turned out to be a tremendous commercial success.

http://www.playbill.com/article/sam-elliott-will-join-lady-gaga-and-bradley-cooper-in-a-star-is-born-remake

A_Star_Is_Born_movie_Lady_Gaga_.jpg

ItWasntLaauv

I'm starting to finally visualize what the movie is going to be like, I'm so pumped!! :firega:

Archived