💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

ASIB: From a small-time nightclub singer to international stardom! UPDATE!

asana15

Featured Posts

Miel

Super excited!

On the topic of Oscar winning films, ever since watching Moonlight, I would love to see her involved in a smaller scale drama film, non-theatrical and non-camp. Whether that be acting in it, directing (hmm), or composing the music.

3 points in and ready for more

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oriane
6 hours ago, Camore said:

I'm so scared. I want the film to be what La La Land attempted to be: a real ode to classic musicals. :excited2:

Glad I'm not the only one to think that.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Pacify Him

Gaga as a lead for a movie that's gonna last 1h30 ++ 

hWnylxC.gif

I’m getting on your nerves

Sorcerer
6 hours ago, T E Anne said:

ryan and emma did a fabulous job. have you even seen an interview with them or damien? them being human and not pretending to be perfect was precisely the point. so sit down and rewatch the best meta-musical of the modern age. while you're at it, try to catch a few more references 'cause singin' in the rain is just one of many. :classy:

Reveal hidden contents

i loved draggin' you. :hor: 

People may have different opinions on a film, here's mine.

I've watched interviews and even the directors and actresses roundtable in the premiere. Using the "they are normal people" card in what is supposed to be a musical escapism film doesn't coincide well with the idea of what they are trying in honoring classic musicals. Even the traffic singers are better than the leads. Aren't they normal people too?

I didn't say Singin in the Rain is only the inspiration, because there are really a lot.

LLL is still a great film, I've watched it 5 times now, and Emma deserved her awards, but there is a reason why it had backlash on its plot, singing and dancing, and why it didn't win Best Picture. Sure, it is the best modern musical because there is literally no other film that tries incorporating classic musicals so much.

junolxf

My queen. I'm so, so scared. :cryga: Please, God, let this be good (or decent, at least) :( 

"Seems to be trendy lately to talk sh*t about 'Lady Gaga' when your albums/singles drop." - Leviticus 20:27

bitchimtrying

Ok but we also need to hope they cast some A list actors who are good and will bring in a audience but wont steal the spotlight. Can someone call Brie Larson, Eva Longoria, Will Smith, Julia Roberts, Helen Mirren.....or something. 

macca
46 minutes ago, MetalliGa said:

hWnylxC.gif

Nikki! I still watch her videos on YouTube. Bless. :diane:

crisTEAne
42 minutes ago, Camore said:

Using the "they are normal people" card in what is supposed to be a musical escapism film doesn't coincide well with the idea of what they are trying in honoring classic musicals.

it's not an "escapism" film in the classical sense, though. damien mentioned repeatedly that the idea of the protagonists giving the impression of being dreamy, real individuals whose random, irrational dance-numbers feel organic was of profound importance. that's certainly not consistent with the way in which classical musicals operate.

I've watched interviews and even the directors and actresses roundtable in the premiere.

then why don't you know the reason for/appreciate their greatness in their ordinariness? :nails: 

LLL is still a great film, I've watched it 5 times now, and Emma deserved her awards

YAS, YAS, YAS! :flutter: 

but there is a reason why it had backlash on its plot, singing and dancing

my impression was that the quite minimal backlash was rather race-oriented and directed toward politics. in terms of execution and artistic merit, it had an overwhelmingly positive reception.

and why it didn't win Best Picture. 

oh, please. i liked and appreciated moonlight, but we all know the reasons why la la land didn't win, which really is a shame.

Sure, it is the best modern musical because there is literally no other film that tries incorporating classic musicals so much.

well, yeah. it was a struggle for damien to find someone to believe in his project. just because there's a lack of musicals in the modern age, it doesn't mean that the ones that do get produced and released are, by definition, great. on the other hand, if there's consensus within the GP as well as the scholarly community regarding the achievements of the film, then there must be something there. in this case, that something includes the references, the performances, the songs, and the overall tone of la la land. it should have won and i'm still upset. :cryga: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Sorcerer
1 hour ago, T E Anne said:

it's not an "escapism" film in the classical sense, though. damien mentioned repeatedly that the idea of the protagonists giving the impression of being dreamy, real individuals whose random, irrational dance-numbers feel organic was of profound importance. that's certainly not consistent with the way in which classical musicals operate.

then why don't you know the reason for/appreciate their greatness in their ordinariness? :nails: 

YAS, YAS, YAS! :flutter: 

my impression was that the quite minimal backlash was rather race-oriented and directed toward politics. in terms of execution and artistic merit, it had an overwhelmingly positive reception.

oh, please. i liked and appreciated moonlight, but we all know the reasons why la la land didn't win, which really is a shame.

well, yeah. it was a struggle for damien to find someone to believe in his project. just because there's a lack of musicals in the modern age, it doesn't mean that the ones that do get produced and released are, by definition, great. on the other hand, if there's consensus within the GP as well as the scholarly community regarding the achievements of the film, then there must be something there. in this case, that something includes the references, the performances, the songs, and the overall tone of la la land. it should have won and i'm still upset. :cryga: 

If that is Damien's idea, then it is not really trying to honor classical musicals as some have said, because classical musicals created an escape to the wars and troubles at that time. But that Planetarium sequence alone showed an escape of reality instead of having realistic dialogues. 

And it had criticisms on the characters' "reedy voices" and dancing. I think that a real ode to musicals must honor the great singing of actors like Judy Garland in ASIB, or even Kelly's tap dancing in SITR. Of course the criticisms are overpowered by the praise.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/feb/23/la-la-lands-inevitable-oscars-win-is-a-disaster-for-hollywood-and-for-us

I liked Moonlight more, and for me is really the best picture. I can see why people may think  La La Land should have won tho.

Thanks for the discourse. :hug:

DeleteMyAccount

I'm just nervous that Brad is directing and co-writing. And is Gaga producing her own music? I just wish there were some known directors, writers, etc that were connected to this film.

FrankGutz

NR im scared of the genre, i usually dont like musicals, only ones i loved are Dancer in the Dark & Romance & Cigarretes, praying tbh

hWnylxC.gif

My other fave Mandy Moore needs to go there and play the bitch role, Saved! & Princess Diaries teas pls and then snatch that Oscar from Gagz

hWnylxC.gif

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

FrankGutz
4 hours ago, MetalliGa said:

hWnylxC.gif

sis, we already have a whole season on TV with her, only talented pop acts can crossover to tv/films with ACCLAIM

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Jewels n Drugs

Whats this movie even about :emma:

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Archived