💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

ASIB: From a small-time nightclub singer to international stardom! UPDATE!

asana15

Featured Posts

asana15

Update: March 20th, 2017:

"... In the latest version, the female role, originally portrayed as a movie star on the rise, has been re-conceived as a small-time nightclub singer who eventually achieves international stardom."...

http://www.playbill.com/article/sam-elliott-will-join-lady-gaga-and-bradley-cooper-in-a-star-is-born-remake

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some other outlets are reporting that filming begins on April 17th. This could be due to her involvement in Coachella.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2017/03/17/in-the-lady-gaga-bradley-cooper-star-is-born-no-one-will-say-my-name-is-mrs-norman-maine

I stumbled upon this casting call yesterday, and couldn't remember whether it had been posted/discussed or not. Either way, here it is:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTARISBORNWORD-1078x51

'A Star Is Born' is auditioning talent for lead and supporting roles. Casting underway for Warner Bros. Pictures film ‘A Star Is Born’.

The Warner Bros. Pictures musical feature film “A Star Is Born” will begin shooting on April 10, 2017 in Los Angeles, CA. The casting directors are setting up auditions for starring and supporting roles, talent who can sing and/or dance. The project stars four-time Academy Award nominee Bradley Cooper and Academy Award nominee Lady Gaga. Cooper will also produce and direct the film from an adapted screenplay that he co-wrote with Will Fetters. 

http://www.acting-auditions.org/casting-underway-for-warner-bros-pictures-film-a-star-is-born/

Currently, we do know that several updates took place since that casting call was published:

-  Clint Eastwood could still be producing (executive);

-  The script is getting a preproduction polish from Oscar winner Eric Roth (Forrest Gump, Munich, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button)...

-  The producers are calling the movie "A Star Is Born — is a sexy, serious cautionary tale"...

- Sam Elliott has joined the cast.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/i-am-trump-hollywood-reclusive-outrageous-jon-peters-is-still-rich-rich-963537?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

And lastly, Gaga is working in a recording studio now in which scenes from the 1976 "A Star Is Born" were filmed, and Barbra recorded her Oscar winning "Evergreen".

What a coincidence! (or not).

http://www.eastweststudio.com/history/

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MaryJaneHolland

oh, she'll be called ally in the movie :unicorn:

reminds me of xtina in burlesque

edit: wait, wtf, her boyfriend in the movie was also called Jack

welp :air: 

Christina Aguilera as Alice Marilyn "Ali" Rose

Cam Gigandet as Jack Miller

Thomas P
2 minutes ago, dopega said:

Mess at them using that iconic photo 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Thomas P

I'm actually so excited. People are saying there's Oscar buzz, and I really hope so, cuz I was expecting it to be a movie that was gonna get **** reviews, and tank. I really hope opposite happens and the oscars give gaga what they know she ****ing deserves.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

PerfectIllusion

I hope she is a slutty rock star in the film instead of jazz singer :awkney:

CommonWhiteGirl

This will be Gaga's comeback from when she was robbed at the Oscars last year...

dopega
1 minute ago, PerfectIllusion said:

I hope she is a slutty rock star in the film instead of jazz singer :awkney:

you wish :cryga:

giphy.gif

tomsches

I hope the movie won't be panned, I'm nervous of how she'll do in a full movie

Sorcerer

I'm so scared. I want the film to be what La La Land attempted to be: a real ode to classic musicals. :excited2:

LastNight

Exciting!

I think she's going to be fantastic, she's a pro. It's a great moment for her to do this, she is clearly in a great headspace judging by her recent performances, interviews and photos; she seems happy, confident and centred. The fact that there clearly seems to be a lot of preparation and rehearsal before shooting is an amazing thing, she's getting a lot of time to get into the role and the whole production.

It also plays to her strengths as a singer and performer. She is captivating when she performs and it's going to be magic on screen. Her acting improved massively over her first season on AHS, she handled being the lead role like a rockstar and even though her second season was a smaller part, she nailed it. TV is different as well, it's a much faster pace and less rehearsal and yet she still managed to deliver despite being a relative newbie to the acting game. 

djBuffoon
1 hour ago, asana15 said:

-  The script is getting a preproduction polish from Oscar winner Eric Roth (Forrest Gump, Munich, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button)...

Thank goodness. All due respect to Cooper and Fetters, but a screenplay written by them was not instilling much confidence in me. Still, the fact that the script even needs a tune-up makes me nervous.

TropicOfCANCER
1 hour ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

oh, she'll be called ally in the movie :unicorn:

reminds me of xtina in burlesque

edit: wait, wtf, her boyfriend in the movie was also called Jack

welp :air: 

Christina Aguilera as Alice Marilyn "Ali" Rose

Cam Gigandet as Jack Miller

Are they literally kidding with these names. This must be wrong.

Archived