Carmex

Better Album: ARTPOP or Joanne  

550 members have voted

1. 1. Which album is superior?

• ARTPOP
    • Joanne

Featured Posts

EGOT2027

Joanne>Born This Way>The Fame Monster>*10 miles of air*>The Fame>*10,000 miles of air*>ARTPOP

Sorry not sorry

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheFamousLM

It's true ARTPOP has more highlights like Gypsy, Applause and DWUW but there are also terrible songs on it. 

Joanne is a much better album. 

Akbar Yunadi

Both are the greatest album at its time. I don't think this an appropriate thing ng to discuss. I'm not voting. :gaysia:

akbaryunadi

macca

Joanne as an album sucks. I've never felt the need to listen to it through again in full. 

ARTPOP is a damn experience! :giveup:

Fernster7

Joanne is the only right answer. While I love to death a bunch of songs on ARTPOP, listening to the album as a whole is tiring and by the end I'm bored of it, besides some songs annoy so much lately. Joanne is more relatable and it's just superior. Do What U Want is the only song on ARTPOP that is as good as the highs of Joanne, and the lows of Joanne are far better than the lows of ARTPOP. 

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

Honestly now that ARTPOP has been out for almost 4 years, it feels very dated and way too noisy. It's a good album but not great. Probably my least favorite Gaga album. It has good songs like Do What U Want, G.U.Y, Sexxx Dreams, and Gypsy but also has borderline obnoxious songs like Venus, Swine, Donatella, and Jewels N' Drugs.

Although Joanne is not my favorite Gaga album, it sounds timeless and the lyrics are way better.

Seeka

They're technically the same album, with different executions. Both deeply personal. I've said it before.

ARTPOP is the looking glass. It doesn't look like much on the surface, but once you go through it, it's an entirely different world.

Joanne is an open book. Everything is there in front of you. But you have to make the effort to read.

lilmunzter

Both albums are very artistic with very catchy beats but I voted ARTPOP because it was quite creative and I fell in love with the sea shell bikini 😂😁💖

FrankGutz

We alredy had this time ago and ARTPOP won

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

MarryTheNight91

Joanne. I love this album. ARTPOP is her worst album. It made for an amazing world tour, really good live performances.....but years later I never listen to the songs. Joanne is amazing but not as complete overall as Born This Way. 

PartySick

The blasphemy in this thread :wtf:

I connected more with ARTPOP's personal songs than I do with Joanne so I guess I chose ARTPOP but they're really hard to compare :poot:

🖤

PartySick
1 hour ago, Seeka said:

They're technically the same album, with different executions. Both deeply personal. I've said it before.

ARTPOP is the looking glass. It doesn't look like much on the surface, but once you go through it, it's an entirely different world.

Joanne is an open book. Everything is there in front of you. But you have to make the effort to read.

I love you for this post :sara:

🖤

Seeka
4 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I love you for this post :sara:

Awww! I got warm fuzzies!

But it's true.  They're both personal, but just different outlooks. Different excursions. People can't see that because they're too obsessed with genre's and numbers.

ARTPOP helped me through a tough time in my life, but I won't say it's better. And quite frankly, I consider Joanne some of Gaga's greatest wwork, though I fear to call it her magnum opus. That is a label I want Gaga to bestow on her own work.

But gaga has continuously evolved and is far braver than many other artists.

Alien Tulip

I love all Gaga albums for different reasons but if I have to choose then I pick Joanne. ARTPOP is my least favorite Gaga album. It's just boring to me. I feel like she could have taken more risks and composed a more daring experimental EDM record. Songs like Dope, Fashion and Sex Dreams feel so out of place in the album. ARTPOP overall aged badly to my ears. I was already tired of that album in 2014. 

I choose Joanne because it's the only Gaga album where I love every single song which is weird because it's not necessarily my favorite Gaga album (TFM is) but overall it just touches my soul like no other gaga album.

giphy.gif

Overall my rankings are The Fame Monster > The Fame

Archived