550 members have voted

1. 1. Which album is superior?

• ARTPOP
    • Joanne

Featured Posts

Clarence

if ARTPOP had

Burqa

Sex Dreams (better iTunes festival version)

brookyln nights

temple

tinnitus

onion girl

in like with you

I wanna be with you.

It would have been a better album. but the final overproduced cut is very weak to me and I would say Joanne is the better album overall.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
musicnotbling
5 minutes ago, SpookyKid said:

Wow, defensive much? I wasn't attacking you, I was saying, as the person I first quoted said it was country and I said it was pop, you quoted me saying 

I'm just saying, the fact it has a "feel" doesn't mean it is, and I used BTW as an example, baby ;) 

i'm not the one who's being defensive here, you are. i can see why though, you like twenty one pilots. 

gaga-tea.gif

SpookyKid
Just now, ladygragra said:

i'm not the one who's being defensive here, you are. i can see why though, you like twenty one pilots. 

gaga-tea.gif

girl what :air: you're the one who quoted me first all defensive

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

musicnotbling
Just now, SpookyKid said:

girl what :air: you're the one who quoted me first all defensive

i agreed with what you said, lmao. i said you are correct it's a pop album and it does have a country feel to it, you cannot deny it. then you came back all sassy like "but btw has a rock feel, doesn't make it a rock album" :oprah:

SpookyKid
1 minute ago, ladygragra said:

i agreed with what you said, lmao. i said you are correct it's a pop album and it does have a country feel to it, you cannot deny it. then you came back all sassy like "but btw has a rock feel, doesn't make it a rock album" :oprah:

But it wasn't against you :air: it was an example of how people think it's country because it has some country sounds :air: and that it would be like saying BTW is a rock album

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

monketsharona

What made me pick ARTPOP is the fact she didn't give a F* creatively. Even if it's not my favorite album by Gaga, to be honest, ARTPOP is definietly her most daring album ever.

Pretty sure I'll listen to it in 10 years and still discover it again. 

Joanne is doing great as a personal album. It's simple, light and very relatable for anybody. But tbh anybody could have done the lyrics and the production on Joanne. Not sure this album will impact her career in long term. 

Antonio
9 hours ago, FRANZGA said:

nope.. just wanted you to know the majority of LM's thought 'bout that song... 

well that only means the majority of LMs are deaf :diane: not proving anything :diane:

Dope is the second best on ARTPOP

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

BlingNotTheMusic

Lyrically, I connect to Joanne more. Musically, I connect to ARTPOP more. I voted ARTPOP but it's not that much above Joanne

Gaga Monster

Defiantly ARTPOP

My order of favorite Gaga albums

TFM

TF

BTW

AP

Joanne

GGD Presidential Elections

Joanne of course as it's also Gaga's best album overall.

1. Joanne

2. Born This Way

3. The Fame Monster = ARTPOP

4. The Fame

Andrew2512

Joanne is much better. ARTPOP was more like an EDM beats album than a Gaga album. Can be Zedd ft. Lady Gaga - ARTPOP

Miel

ARTPOP, conceptually, is an amazing album- as a concept with where she was trying to go with it, it's probably her best. That said, a lot of the execution didn't live up to its intention- not just in terms of sound and production, but also writing. Superficially, its writing was a step down from Born This Way (obviously there are exceptions- ARTPOP the song is really impressive).

That said, it's a really exhilarating album, from start to finish. Some of the placements of the tracks is kind of incredible- for example, the scale consistency between Fashion! and Mary Jane Holland is smooth as hell, and the dual placement of Mary Jane Holland and Dope next to each other is probably the best amongst her whole discography.

Joanne, while not as wild and exciting overall, is a more concise and consistent body of work- in sound, in lyrics, and in overall intention. While it's been said that some of the songs stick out like a sore thumb (Dancin' In Circles, Perfect Illusion), I still think they flow fairly easily.

It's really peculiar how the first half of the album is much more loud and, at times, electronic, while the latter half is much more analog and "organic"- while it feels more linear and straightforward, it really encapsulates something akin to a minute spiritual journey through Gaga's sort of familial sabbatical.

Also, her writing, vocals, and overall musicianship really shined with Joanne, while it sometimes felt drowned in ARTPOP.

3 points in and ready for more

Miel
1 hour ago, Antonio said:

well that only means the majority of LMs are deaf :diane: not proving anything :diane:

Dope is the second best on ARTPOP

I agree! Sometimes I think it's even the best song on the album, overall.

12 minutes ago, Biotic said:

Joanne of course as it's also Gaga's best album overall.

1. Joanne

2. Born This Way

3. The Fame Monster = ARTPOP

4. The Fame

I remember somebody mentioning that Joanne seemed like a more appropriate musical successor to Born This Way than ARTPOP.

Like, what if there was a different listening order to her albums ala Star Wars - Machete Viewing Order:

TF - TFM - ARTPOP - BTW - Joanne

3 points in and ready for more

Archived