Better Album: ARTPOP or Joanne  

549 members have voted

1. 1. Which album is superior?

• ARTPOP
    • Joanne

Featured Posts

IndieKylie   Paws Up 7,179
IndieKylie

ARTPOP, but I would say ARTPOP and Joanne are the two albums of hers that I listen to the most regularly (and are her two best overall in my opinion). 

• Like 2

M Monstre   Paws Up 20,530
M Monstre

This is so difficult because ARTPOP is what made me a Little Monster, so it's not like I can just throw that album aside. However, overall, I think Joanne is the superior album. I just like the music more, and I feel like the different styles and genres that Joanne has reflect me more than ARTPOP does. That said, ARTPOP has some of my favorite songs, like Dope (stay pressed :queenga:) and Gypsy. 

• Like 2
💕 / 🎨 / ✌️ / 🎶

HiddenWeirdo   Paws Up 1,379
HiddenWeirdo

Every album from The Fame to Joanne is so special and different that it depends on how I feel at the moment. Whenever I feel like **** BTW picks me up and makes me strong. Whenever I feel like I want to party until I'm wasted af I listen to ARTPOP but when I want to feel like that dirty little cowgirl that I am deep inside I start listening to Joanne. I love all of them equally. That said...

15535039_530713523789026_562635269757468

DIC NEEDS TO BE NEXT SINGLE 

Edited by Joy Rose
  • Like 6

djBuffoon   Paws Up 8,013
djBuffoon

The two could not be more different...And I love them both, but in terms of a cohesive sound and vision, not to mention songwriting overall, I'd have to give this one to Joanne.

Shocked that ARTPOP is winning this poll tbh. Could not have imagined this result in 2014.

• Like 1

Boyboi12   Paws Up 1,551
Boyboi12

Whoever voted art pop should be ashamed! 

• Like 1

DeanWinchester   Paws Up 32,014
DeanWinchester
1 hour ago, Joy Rose said:

15535039_530713523789026_562635269757468

mess :toofunny:

• Like 2
*muffled Jewels N' Drugs in the background*

666 others   Paws Up 1,375
666 others
28 minutes ago, Boyboi12 said:

Whoever voted art pop should be ashamed! 

Why? :oprah:

Drag 'em with kindness.

iFameMonzter   Paws Up 2,395
iFameMonzter

ARTPOP obviously

Better production

Better vocals 

Better melodies 

Better Gaga 

That's it

Joanne feels like a side project full of unfinished demos

Edited by iFameMonzter
  • Like 2

DeanWinchester   Paws Up 32,014
DeanWinchester
3 hours ago, djBuffoon said:

Shocked that ARTPOP is winning this poll tbh. Could not have imagined this result in 2014.

Chances are they simply don't like the genre influences.  Anyway, this is kind of pointless like you said. They have different purposes and directions.

Edited by DeanWinchester
spelling
  • Like 1
*muffled Jewels N' Drugs in the background*

Marco   Paws Up 730
Marco

Tbh I think they both feel whole, ARTPOP is just more exciting to listen to for me

• Like 1

MaryJaneHolland   Paws Up 43,809
MaryJaneHolland
5 hours ago, monketsharona said:

I'm still rooting for the Holy Trinity : The Fame / The Fame Monster / Born This Way 

I agree with this and it's kind of sad how her music quality started to take a dip after BTW.

In GAGA we trust!

Alan123   Paws Up 3,887
Alan123

Shocked at the results. As far as I remember, like 80% of the fans said Joanne was better than ARTPOP back in October-Nov-December. I guess it has not aged well to some.

I love ARTPOP, especially the title track, Do What U Want and Swine, which are my favorites but I voted for Joanne simply because it's the superior album musically. Songs like Joanne, Million Reasons, Angel Down, Sinner's Prayer and Hey Girl are amazing tracks that show Gaga's growth as an artist and as a singer. Songs like A-Yo, Dancin' In Circles, John Wayne and Perfect Illusion are also great to listen to because come on, it's Gaga and we want catchy tracks and we got them.

I really can't compare ARTPOP to Joanne, it's like a ying and yang. Lets see what a poll like this says when the next album comes out. Fans here tend to hate the current album because of what the charts say.

• Like 2

monsterdino   Paws Up 18,773
monsterdino

wait?

Before Joanne came out everybody said on here that ARTPOP is Gaga's worst album, and now ARTPOP got more votes does this mean that u guys think that Joanne is Gaga's worst?? If so you guys are so ****ing delusional

• Like 2