1. 1. Which album is superior?

• ARTPOP
    • Joanne

Featured Posts

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Zazekina

It was really hard to choose one, but I feel that ARTPOP's impact in music history is gonna be more iconic than Joanne's. I love both albums, but I imagine that in the future, young people is gonna be more appealing to "Venus and G.U.Y." than "A-YO", but maybe I'm just reaching. lol.

tumblr_o0lf1vRxYE1tadty8o1_500.gif

https://soundcloud.com/zazekina/otra-vez

CautiousLurker

Gotta go with ARTPOP. I do agree that it's a great bit less consistent and think if she just took some time to polish the songs she planned for Act 2, and focused on making one lush, polished album, it's hard to comprehend how amazing it could have been... but, as is, I think ARTPOP is more unique.

Joanne is wonderful, but I feel like if I look into the indie scene, I can find artists who are already doing what she's doing on this album, or at least similar songs. I can't say the same for ARTPOP - who else is going to make something as eccentric and electrifying as Aura? Her vocals on that song is something I never heard in pop, and combined with an all-over-the-place beat that would drain most other singers out? Who else would do that?

Again, love both, but... Joanne is that courtly lover who's smarter than you and whom your mom really likes, while ARTPOP is the hot steamy lover you dream about every night before you fall asleep... and Act 2 is when that fantasy appears in your actual dreams, which is never for me cuz I only have nightmares...

Dirtyicecreamz

All her previous albums and all her future albums will always be better than the mess that was ARTPOP lol 

Stop the music, Start the drama.

LordEnigma

I barely listen to ARTPOP anymore. It's sad because I adored the album when it first came out. I guess I am constantly thinking of what ARTPOP could have been rather than enjoying the work. I was expecting ARTPOP to have interludes and have songs fall into each other. And it's way too long. I still like the album but it doesn't do what it used to for me.

I adored Joanne when it first came out then fell out of love with it but then found that it grabbed my attention again. I think Joanne will age really well.

I hope that LG6 will be the cohesiveness of Joanne but disco :giveup:

FameHookah

ARTPOP

i only listen to the first half of Joanne

i skip only JnD and Dope on artlsay

WTF is MDNA

Benji

Crazy how it's dead on 50/50

Spoiler

Especially when Joanne should be winning :poot:

9 minutes ago, Benji said:

Hide contents

Joanne IS winning now :firega:

Joanne > ARTPOP

ARTPOP was great for like a month or two and then I just stopped listening to it till right before the tour. It was too messy in terms of songs/themes and she kept changing what the theme of the album was which was confusing. + ARTPOP has some tracks that I really don't like all that much (Donatella, Fashion!, Jewels N Drugs, Dope) The first half of the album was solid but it goes downhill right till Applause/Gypsy. 

Joanne is so probably my second favorite album after Born This Way, I love all the tracks except JAD. The theme is clear and it doesn't stray too far away from it. Some of the songs on the album have ended up some of my all time favourite Gaga songs also. 

NotGeigh

Tbh ARTPOP. Especially listening as a whole. It's slayage and variety all in one 

I love Joanne but if I'm listening to the whole album it's just because I love Gaga. I have my favorites tho PI, DH, C2M, HG 

Pharamon
1 hour ago, Benji said:

Hide contents

lmao this!

Archived