Carmex

Better Album: ARTPOP or Joanne  

550 members have voted

1. 1. Which album is superior?

• ARTPOP
    • Joanne

Featured Posts

Sister

I feel like these two are of equal quality. While both aren't nearly her best effort, I can appreciate what she was trying to do with them and like quite a bit of songs from each.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glamourpuss

ARTPOP was made for the younger fans and wasn't experimental enough. It was like she lost her way. I loved how she was focusing on the art aspect but it wasn't executed well. Joanne has some gems and seems more authentically Gaga. Joanne has better collaborations with the likes of Beck and Kevin Parker to name a few, so therefore is far superior. 

freebit

Joanne is more well-written, and overall feels better executed. ARTPOP is messy, I still love it, but it's like being on a roller-coaster with its huge highs and lows. It's a more exciting album than Joanne, but it contains too many clunkers to be as pleasant to listen to as Joanne. 

C1trus
On 3/15/2017 at 1:04 AM, Britney Spears said:

Joanne is more consistent.It doesn't have any great parts but it doesn't have any horrible parts either.It's also way more simple and boring

ARTPOP on the other hand has surprisingly horrible parts and amazing parts.It's also complicated,directionless and messy that destroys any chance of being cohensive but makes it interesting and enjoyable

Yes because her ARTPOP could mean anything. I think that's the point of her album ARTPOP

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

Fiona Apple
3 hours ago, T3rrorBlade said:

Yes because her ARTPOP could mean anything. I think that's the point of her album ARTPOP

This is such a random and meaningless point though

Born To Slay

The fact that 464 people voted and its tie is incredible. 

Anyway, I voted for ARTPOP. I love Joanne and all but ARTPOP was more fun. Also it did mastrubation better then Joanne did.

RocketNumberNine

Joanne has a soul , pain but has no Vision and Energy 
also ARTPOP has a soul (little bit) , pain   too.. but her vision and energy always higher than Joanne's...
But honestly I DONT like those two girls...

Monsterish

Joanne, her 2nd best album after Born This Way :yay:

Deal with it, little-edm-flopsters :sure:

I think that ARTPOP is better tbh

The earth shattered, the sky opened, The rain was fire but we were wooden

Monsterish
On 15/3/2017 at 7:17 PM, Gagadonna said:

I'm shook at all those voting ARTPOP.

On the one hand, ARTPOP is disorganised, messy and sometimes trash. When the album provides some potential with one track, the next track destroys that potential. We have a multitude of different themes and sonorities with ARTPOP which do not really fit together in the end. The album quality is really average: there are some brilliant songs like ARTPOP, Applause, Venus, Do What U Want, but there are very bad, cringeworthy songs as well like Swine and Donatella. The album is supposed to be a spiritual and artistic expedition, but it sometimes make Gaga seem ridiculous by its lack of humility and realism, which is why everything Gaga planned for ARTPOP turned into a flop (not talking about sales). I'm bashing ARTPOP because I know what Gaga is capable of. I did still enjoy the album and is one of my favourite because of the memories.

On the other hand, Joanne is cohesive, coherent and solid. Gaga started the album really down-to-earth with minimalistic visuals and performances, but eventually rose like a phoenix. The album themes are present throughout the albums apart from a few songs (including Dancin' in Circles): family, friends, suffering and recovery. The album is made up of real music instruments and raw vocals without electronic arrangements, and the album making process provided Gaga with much more freedom than ARTPOP. Joanne is much more realistic and simplistic than its predecessor, but Gaga did manage to achieve her initial plans with this album because of that. 

I'm gonna choose Joanne without any doubt... but considering Joanne would have never happened without ARTPOP's relative failure. If ARTPOP was an utter success, she would have never questionned herself and taken stock of the situation. 

Best post of this thread :golfclap:

Dominic

ARTPOP. It was a light-hearted bop, has the replay factor and I think whilst messy it was just fun. 

Havent listened to Joanne since last year except John Wayne so that speaks wonders. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

gagzus

ARTPOP is the better album for me because it has GUY, SD, J&D, Donatella, Fashion! and MJH.

Joanne's only really got PI (her best single and in her top 5 songs btw), AD, GG and Hey Girl 

Morphine Prince

Joanne. 

Can't believe ARTPOP is winning on here.

Only by 3 votes though. 

Archived